It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record 20% of Households on Food Stamps in 2013

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

Right everyone is a solo flyer. Yeah right. We need support and to think you do anything on your own with no support or without the community is insanity.

Its purely insane to think that we are not empathetic and irational to think that we do not need cohesion and cooperation in the community to sustain.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

taoistguy
whilst we're busy slagging off or defending people on benefits, the real cheats and scroungers (the rich) keep pushing the divide and rule crap. THEY are the cause of poverty and injustice. they are taking all the money and power!!!!

So you figure if we eliminated all the rich by some magic law which could do that for us ... the problems would vanish or get sorted out in short order and we'd have a nice world to live in? I'm not sure where any jobs would come from....since poor people don't hire other poor people ..and Middle class people generally have sole proprietorship small business, if anything.

Job making aside though... You figure without rich people, we'd all be happy people?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Child care. That cost $$$$$$ what did you think. I just left home alone. WOW. Part of the overall problem. Is the mindset of todays youth. They want something for nothing, lets dont mention the 25 million illegals on food stamps in our country. It's the same no matter what era we live in. You want something..... you work for it. You work hard enough good things come from it.

link   
reply to post by webedoomed

No i agree with you Web and im happy to hear your sticking to your guns its working out for me too however hard the path im on is its still not as hard as if i were drinking.

Your right though. But the solution isnt to impose the rule of law on these people. I dont have a solution but i know for sure thats not it and im willing to keep looking.

It does help however to have a system of support enabling you to make more positive descions and to create better habits and patterns in your life.

link   

being on drugs screws with your mind and body so you can't make rational decisions. they need help not punishing.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

that's not what i was saying.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

onequestion

No i agree with you Web and im happy to hear your sticking to your guns its working out for me too however hard the path im on is its still not as hard as if i were drinking.

It's not easy here, either! I'm a wreck, but we gotta push through this together

It does help however to have a system of support enabling you to make more positive decisions and to create better habits and patterns in your life.

That's the thing, this policy does just that. It incentivizes you to drop old destructive habits, which leads way to developing better habits and patterns in life.

This isn't something that's a novel idea. They do it in parts of Europe.

taoistguy

being on drugs screws with your mind and body so you can't make rational decisions. they need help not punishing.

Yea, there's free social health services in every major city. How many addicts are using this service? It's a choice, no matter how much harder they've made it on their selves by destroying their minds and pushing down emotional/spiritual problems.
edit on 21-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by onequestion

The worlds the same. It's the people that changed...we created the handout generation.

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

no, there is no magic pill. it will take us all to build a fair, just, equal and sustaiunable society.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I'm all in favor of decentralized leadership. Groups like Anonymous have made significant social impact without having anything more than a loosely-tethered association between members.

Essentially, stage one of revolution is to spread the idea. Seed the concept, the methods, and the viability of bloodless revolution into the minds of enough people, and the trees of liberty will continue to spring up around the country.

Right now, in fact, I believe this is happening at an accelerating rate. People are waking up. We are winning against this threat.

If you want to know more, I'd also suggest checking out Revolution: An Instruction Manual

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Eliminating wealth isnt the idea. However if your wealthy you inherintly have a larger proportion of responsability to utilize your resources to enable a more sustainable community.

It doesnt mean you have to give it away but it does mean that you should feel a sense of responsability towards creating ways to cirrculate that money back into the economy in a way that helps build the community around you.

The Federal reserve wouldnt have to print tens of billions of dollars if the billions they were printing already were circulating the economy. But because wealth is being kept out of the hands of the population in order to continue to sustain the community they are having their hands forced to prevent collapse.

Stop blaming people with no resources and start putting the ball back in the court of those actually responsible.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

well, it's a matter of opinion and context- some pople would criticis you for not giving your kids your time. they would say you should be penalised for letting othrs care for your kids. i'm not saying that, but i am saying that happens.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

That's the thing, this policy does just that. It incentivizes you to drop old destructive habits, which leads way to developing better habits and patterns in life.

No right, i completely agree with you.

This is where we differ in opinion on this subject.

What your saying is to use FORCE to incentevize the population, or to coerse them into making a better choice. Thats different then say, creating a paradigm where we enable them to understand how their choices are impacting the community around and them by helping them to have the desire to change through empathy and compassion.

I dont like the idea of using force to change opinions i want people to WANT to do more for the community. Force is always temporary. But to understand and to want to do something on your own is far more powerful. Look to our prison system and system of law as a prime example of how FORCE is creating a bigger problem then its solving.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

not true. i worked hard on my last job. the company collapsed and i end up redundant. not my fault.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

therealguyfawkes

I'm all in favor of decentralized leadership. Groups like Anonymous have made significant social impact without having anything more than a loosely-tethered association between members.

Well, it's an oxymoron to have decentralized leadership. Leadership implies centralization. Also, it's easy for idiots to mess up the message. Finally, it's easy for any of your enemies to infiltrate and morph it into a cause that has no rhyme or reason. Happened to OWS! Just doesn't work.

Essentially, stage one of revolution is to spread the idea. Seed the concept, the methods, and the viability of bloodless revolution into the minds of enough people, and the trees of liberty will continue to spring up around the country.

You're 6 years too late. This is like giving money to autism awareness. Everyone knows. No point. It only feeds itself. If you've got something novel to offer, I'm all ears!

Right now, in fact, I believe this is happening at an accelerating rate. People are waking up. We are winning against this threat.

Well, at least your heart is in the right place. Hope you're right, and I'm wrong. Also hope that, assuming there is a revolution, the change we put in place is better than what we've got already installed. There's certainly room for improvement, so cheers!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

No your wrong obviously you havent looked at the numbers or taking an objective cold hard look at the function of our economy.

We have lost all construction, all manufacturing and have an exponentialy growing divide between the wealthy and the less fortunate.

Your above statement has aloud me to know that you have not thoroughly investigated your position but only seek to further validate yourself from an egotistical point of view. That point of view being that it was possible for you to do it so why cant everyone else?

We need to take a position of empathy and get out of the ivory towers and just decide that its worth it to help people even if they arent perfect and take part in the plight of our fellow man.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Right. More rules isnt helping anyone.

Empathy should be our goal.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

onequestion

I dont like the idea of using force to change opinions i want people to WANT to do more for the community. Force is always temporary. But to understand and to want to do something on your own is far more powerful. Look to our prison system and system of law as a prime example of how FORCE is creating a bigger problem then its solving.

In general, I agree here. The problem is that they're using direct force to attack a problem that is psychosocial. Also, there is no benefit outside of simply not being locked up, and not having to pay fines. The incentive is more indirect.

What your saying is to use FORCE to incentevize the population, or to coerse them into making a better choice. Thats different then say, creating a paradigm where we enable them to understand how their choices are impacting the community around and them by helping them to have the desire to change through empathy and compassion.

Actually, this is allowing an individual to decide if their ability to provide basic needs from social support is worth giving up the addiction. It's not directly forcing someone to quit. There is no controlled environment. It's up to the individual to want this change bad enough. There's a difference here. One is giving an option to change one's lifestyle through incentives, the other is forcing a change on one's lifestyle through incarceration.

**NOTE** I altered your paragraph structure to address the second half first for flow of my perspective.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Actually, this is allowing an individual to decide if their ability to provide basic needs from social support is worth giving up the addiction. It's not directly forcing someone to quit. There is no controlled environment. It's up to the individual to want this change bad enough. There's a difference here. One is giving an option to change one's lifestyle through incentives, the other is forcing a change on one's lifestyle through incarceration.

Hmmmm. Ok i can see where your coming from. Its not technically force its more of a presentation of a choice between one or the other. I get that.

Ill have to think about.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

why expect the dispossessed to behave morally whn they can see the 'leaders' not doing the same/

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join