It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To be or not to be-- a God?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The Hebrew word for good is "Tobe". Got me thinking on the diagram for the English word "To be" and how it kinda follows an underlying pattern in the opening chapters of Genesis

I am - Genesis 1:1f - God "the primordial I"
You are - Genesis 1:3f - God commands the Light "the primordial You"
He is - Genesis 2:7ff - Creation of Adam as "the arch typical He"
She is - Genesis 2:21ff - Eve as "the arch-typical She"
It is - Genesis 3:1ff - The serpent and the tree, "arch-typical It"
We, You, They are - Genesis 4-11 - The different branches on Adam's family tree

You can also apply it on Adam being 1st person singular and Eve being 2nd person singular, their children and their work 3rd person singular and so on. It seems to follow in the same manner. So what you guys think?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

I am, you are, he is, she is, we are the "primordial I".

I think therefore I AM, know thyself, as above so below, etc. all point toward what is within us. Life itself and everything that comes with it is God.

Everything arises through consciousness because no one can say they have experienced something without the senses that are created within the mind dictating what there is to be experienced. We are all connected otherwise we would not be able to communicate with one another, I see that as us all being partof the same "organism" or system. That organism and/or system is the universe, which is what connects all of us.

We are the universe experiencing itself, we are God learning and trying to know itself from different perspectives.

"God saw the light and it was good". To see the light is to be and to be is good.
edit on 32011616CST323 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes, we all exist and experience the conceousness that makes us who we are. If I ask you which word you are, the answer is in the question, and is always automatically included or implied in any answer to that question. 'To be' is certainly a remarkable word. We would be unable to communicate sensibly if not for that particular word. Amazing.
edit on 21-1-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Added the first sentance

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Excellent answer

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JokerThe1st

Thanks.

I'd also like to comment on Adam being 1st person singular and Eve being 2nd person singular. I think Adam represents the soul or male aspect of God (Father Time) while Eve represents the body or female aspect of God (Mother Earth).

Adam being the male represents the 1st person because the soul dictates the "I AM" (1st person), while Eve being the female represents the 2nd person because the body or physical dictates what we perceive as "other" (2nd person).
edit on 32011919CST323 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Evening,

If I am a god...then everyone is a god.
If everyone is a god...then no one is "God".

-Peace-
edit on 21-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

What do you base your definition of God on? Man-made religion? What I find ironic is that even non-believers can't get past the definition that religion has put forth over the millenia. Religion does not own or define what God is.

The fact is the word "God" has been hijacked and redefined, you have to look at other avenues and definitions to find the true God. Don't fall for religion's definition, it is wrong. Is God not powerful enough to experience itself from an infinite number of subjective viewpoints? Why is that not possible for God in your opinion?
edit on 32011919CST323 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

What do you base your definition of God on? Man-made religion?

No.
More like mathematical constants.
In keeping with the OP, if everyone is god/special...then "special" ceases to be special...ergo if everyone can claim to be a god, then no one is God.
Kinda like when numbers cancel out.
There was no malign intent at all.
Just an observation.

-Peace-

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

So you don't see everyone or even yourself as special? Why not? That's a very bleak outlook in my opinion.

What is something you see as special and what do you consider special to be exactly?

Again, do you think it is impossible for God to experience itself from an infinite number of perspectives? Do you even believe in God?

edit on 32012020CST323 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

So you don't see everyone or even yourself as special?

Only in as much as I am unique but I don't define that as special...since everyone is unique.
Nothing special about that.
Seems kinda common place in that respect if you don't mind my saying.
Please don't misunderstand me.
In my line of thinking, individuals with an identical genetic expression (twins) would be special since they weren't unique as everyone else would be...kinda ironic actually.
So "special" people exist but in my line of thinking, it's not the same way you think of special.

-Peace-
edit on 21-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: ETA

edit on 21-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Clarrification

edit on 21-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: 'Nother Typo

edit on 21-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Added Observation

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I'd say that life is pretty special and something to be cherished personally. Since we all have life that means we are all special. What makes an observer (life) more special than a rock? Life can define and explain the rock but the rock cannot explain or define life.

The fact that we have the ability to morph and change the environment around us speaks of how special we really are in my opinion. That is not to say that a rock is not special in its own way though, even it is a part of life and this big rock we live on is pretty special because it allows life to thrive.

Everything is special in its own unique way, including each and every individual that lives on this planet or any other planet.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Since we all have life that means we are all special.

That means we are all alive on a planet teeming with life.
There's so much life here that dozens of species go extinct everyday, forever gone and nobody notices.
Once more...doesn't seem so special to me.
It's just life...and death.

The fact that we have the ability to morph and change the environment around us speaks of how special we really are in my opinion.

So can a beaver.

Everything is special in its own unique way, including each and every individual that lives on this planet or any other planet.

I'm not going to tell you you're wrong to believe everything is special.
I can only say I don't see it that way.

-Peace-

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

It's just life...and death.

And we are one tiny dot within an infinite ocean of mostly nothing. Life teeming on this planet is pretty special in my opinion.

So can a beaver.

So can bees and ants, this is my point. Humans aren't the only life in the universe. My point is that all of life is special.

I'm not going to tell you you're wrong to believe everything is special.
I can only say I don't see it that way.

Fair enough, I'm not saying you're wrong either.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1: The fact that we have the ability to morph and change the environment around us speaks of how special we really are in my opinion.

Eryiedes: So can a beaver.

That one made my day LOL

edit on 10-3-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: quotes

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

I am, you are, he is, she is, we are the "primordial I".

I think therefore I AM, know thyself, as above so below, etc. all point toward what is within us. Life itself and everything that comes with it is God.

Everything arises through consciousness because no one can say they have experienced something without the senses that are created within the mind dictating what there is to be experienced. We are all connected otherwise we would not be able to communicate with one another, I see that as us all being partof the same "organism" or system. That organism and/or system is the universe, which is what connects all of us.

We are the universe experiencing itself, we are God learning and trying to know itself from different perspectives.

"God saw the light and it was good". To see the light is to be and to be is good.
edit on 32011616CST323 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

You speak religion......new age and witchcraft.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Jesuslives4u

You speak religion......new age and witchcraft.

Lol. No, I am speaking of linguistics and Hebrew lore. What is new age and whitchcraft exactly? And what makes it subordinate of your, eh arbitrary accusative nonsense?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

Witchcraft has nothing to do with finding God within yourself, neither does religion. You only label it those things because you're afraid of it.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Jesuslives4uYou speak religion newage and witchcraft

And YOU are keeping to YOUR promise of 3-4 weeks ago: of NEVER EVER starting another thread again even if tomorrow brings a 'new day' of revelations (as if you were available to learn/listen).

edit on 15-3-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Witchcraft has nothing to do with finding God within yourself, neither does religion. You only label it those things because you're afraid of it.

The whole point was before there was 'religion' you find god within as you are God as its expression, (human) or a lower form of beaver (all the same just at different levels). Whomevers great idea it was to structure a belief in God as a system was only into powermongering, (intimidation fear factor) or thinking of ways to make a buck. Finding God only comes within, a singular personal experience (as it was planned so to be, plan working for some) not so for those stuck in false belief systems, architypes.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

vethumanbeing

3NL1GHT3N3D1

The whole point was before there was 'religion' you find god within as you are God as its expression, (human) or a lower form of beaver (all the same just at different levels). Whomevers great idea it was to structure a belief in God as a system was only into powermongering, (intimidation fear factor) or thinking of ways to make a buck. Finding God only comes within, a singular personal experience (as it was planned so to be, plan working for some) not so for those stuck in false belief systems, architypes.

Can you prove from the most ancient religious sources how man viewed himself in relation to the divine? Before Judaism and Christianity is what you meant referring to religion. You need to get past that idea, because religion is older than Judaism and Christianity.

How did the sages in the Vedic Age view themselves and God? They believed in the Ultimate, One, and they called Him Brahma. The first primordial sound, according to the Vedics, was Ohm, which they tantrically repeat over and over until some type of trance ensues.

I have read the Rig Vedas, I know what they say. Even those who are Hindu will say that the original belief was Brahma but that the different tantric schools set about to understand the attributes and could not all learn about all so divided into different schools. Even today, ask who is God, they say Brahma.

In Turkic areas and especially Catal Hyuk, they believed in Tengri, the Sky Father. So in human to God relationship, still earlier than Judaism and Christianity, the concept that man was God was not present. You do find it later among the Egyptians. I think you fail to understand that religion did not start with Judaism, and neither organized religion.

Can you show me from any ancient source before the Rig Vedas, the Egyptian Book of the Dead or the Torah, where mankind believed they were God? If your criticism is with Judeo/Christianity, then please specifically name Judeo/Christianity. To say "religion" as though it were a recent concept is misleading.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join