It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are the kind-hearted al assad is exterminating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Al-Qaeda-linked jihadists impose Islamic rules, ban music, shisha in Syrian province (See article here)

An Al-Qaeda-linked group has issued new decrees restricting the personal freedoms of the Syrians in the areas under its control in Raqqa province. New laws prohibit music and smoking cigarettes and shisha. Violators will be “punished by sharia law.”

The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant retook full control of the Syrian city of Raqqa, after fierce fighting for the northern provincial capital on January 14. Clashes between ISIL and coalitions of rival Islamist and moderate rebels erupted nearly two weeks ago.

The ISIL has issued four statements that decree new laws on Monday.
women are obliged to wear the niqab, or full face veil, and cover their hands with gloves. They will also not be allowed in public without a male guardian.

In its second statement, the jihadist group has also prohibited music from being played in public and photographs of people being posted in shop windows.

It has also declared selling music CDs or musical instruments illegal, and the playing of scandalous music in cars or shops will be strictly forbidden.

The sale of cigarettes and shisha water pipes has also been banned across the beleaguered province.

The group demands that all shop owners shut their stores 10 minutes prior to calls to prayers and absolutely all men must head to the mosque and “fulfill God's commandment rather than sitting in the street and talking while Muslims are in their mosques.”

I know this is a russian source, funded by the russian state, but still this shows what happens when you lit a fire you cant control.
Western countries supported the uprising against Assad, and know the country is in complete mayhem. I bet most syrian would choose to turn back time when it was fairly easier to live in Syria.
Who is taking responsability for this? I bet Obama has nothing to say about this.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

payta
Who is taking responsability for this? I bet Obama has nothing to say about this.

Nobody ever openly takes responsibility for this kind of affair, but it is almost certain these terrorist "opposition groups" are under complete Saudi control and financing. They couldn't let Iran have a say in the matter without also being involved. It's just a branch of the thousands of years old conflict between the Persians and Arabs.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by payta

...and we were going to get involved in that conflict and support them. Thank goodness people spoke up and forced congress not to approve the bombing. I believe Syria is the lesser of two evils, but either way I wouldn't support any involvement in that cesspool conflict.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Covert wars, Drone strikes, and Arming militants will be the Obama legacy. Benghazi was just the tip of the iceberg, if the whole story ever comes to light it will make Iran Contra hearings look like a walk in the park for those involved, they won't have an Ollie North to throw under the bus, because it goes all the way to the top. Obama is guilty of war crimes by his own decree through his admitted financial and military support of the Free Syria Army, both the US state department and UN have listed them as a terrorist organization.

top topics

join