It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am back... please accept my apologies for my absence.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Ladies and gentleman,

I am back...

After a couple of hard months dealing with a deeply emotional family issue concerning cancer and death, I would like to announce that I am back again as an active participating member.

I missed every single one of you out there during the extremely emotional and hard moments that my family and I endured and especially some very dear friends over at the coffee thread who also U2Ued me or called me to ask if everything was ok... you know who you are so I will allow you to blush if you wish to...
... THANK YOU SO SINCERELY FROM THE VERY BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR YOUR KIND AND SUPPORTING WORDS BOYS AND GIRLS.

Although I/we have still quite a few things to sort out and maintain at the moment a fairly active schedule family and workwise... BE WARNED... Rodinus is back...

Erm... I missed you too Moderation staff... be kind... grovel grovel sheepish grin...

Promise... i will TRY to behave myself!... Honest!

This song is dedicated to my recently departed Father in-law :

We miss you...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 21-1-2014 by Rodinus because: Still having crap spelling issues!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Very sorry for your loss, and glad to see you back!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Hi Rod

As you know I was gutted to hear about your loss mate, and as is my tradition on ATS I'll change my avatar for 24 hours out of respect.

Our warmest to you and your family, you know my number if you to talk mate

Welcome back and

Hugs

Cody

edit on 21/1/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
You didn't miss much dude. Same stuff is killing us, same people are screwing us. Condolences on you loss though. That kind of thing lets a person know what's really important, our loved ones. Welcome back...

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Glad to have you back Rod

Sorry for your loss.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Erm... I missed you too Moderation staff... be kind... grovel grovel sheepish grin...

Well played sir...well played.

(nice to have you back)

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Liar! You did not miss me. But that's okay, I'm afraid I didn't miss you either. I will, however, extend a hearty welcome and a stern reminder that urgent matters await your attention on the forums.

On a more serious note, I hope your family is doing much better now, or at the very least, that their troubles will bring less pain with time. Cancer is a terrible thing in certain regards, yet I cannot help but recognize its potential for assisting us in recognizing what we have BEFORE it's gone. A crash course in appreciation, I suppose you could say. It might sound insensitive, but I have a knack for locating silver linings. One does not lead the life I live and hastily turn down such perspective. In other words, you will now think twice before allowing life and its varying elements of delight to simply pass you by.

This is me trying to cheer you up. If I fail, I hope you will be consoled by my assuring you that I often do fail quite miserably in the pursuit of providing emotional support. I'll just shut up now.
edit on 21-1-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by Rodinus

Well played sir...well played.

(nice to have you back)

~Tenth

Erm... while i am at it, dont you still owe me a couple of thousand points for a competition that i won a couple of months back?
Can't remember which Mod asked us for his/her first post but i am sure it was you Tenth?... ok ok i shall try and blame it on the tertiory stages of Alzheimers if this is not the case...

Oh ohhhhhhhh i probably shouldnt have mentioned that!... *gulps*

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Thanks Cody mate...

I can't say any more... you know how i feel about you guys...

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Rodinus

Liar! You did not miss me. But that's okay, I'm afraid I didn't miss you either. I will, however, extend a hearty welcome and a stern reminder that urgent matters await your attention on the forums.

On a more serious note, I hope your family is doing much better now, or at the very least, that their troubles will bring less pain with time. Cancer is a terrible thing in certain regards, yet I cannot help but recognize its potential for assisting us in recognizing what we have BEFORE it's gone. A crash course in appreciation, I suppose you could say. It might sound insensitive, but I have a knack for locating silver linings. One does not lead the life I live and hastily turn down such perspective. In other words, you will now think twice before allowing life and its varying elements of delight to simply pass you by.

This is me trying to cheer you up. If I fail, I hope you will be consoled by my assuring you that I often do fail quite miserably in the pursuit of providing emotional support. I'll just shut up now.
edit on 21-1-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Blumming heck After...

I hope you realise that your emotional support has led me to go back down to the hotel reception and order an Aberlour with no ice???

Shame on you...

Seriously though... i even missed you

Thanks for your words After.

Warmest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You just got an extra star and I raise my Aberlour to you... blummin heck had to get dressed again to go down to the reception...

Warmest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Rodinus

Erm... while i am at it, dont you still owe me a couple of thousand points

Rodinus

Wow you have been gone a while.
Do we even have ATS points anymore?
I think they grade us on a curve now.
Welcome back sir.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

So sorry for your Loss.

Glad you are back...you were missed.

Des

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Oh man I didnt know anything was wrong, I hope things get better, I just lost someone as well, so you hang in there and take one thing at a time. Lord knows I am, its hard but we can do it, and just remember the good times and the good in that person. Sorry for your loss.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Cancer, you would think by now we would have a cure. It seems like the good always die. I lost my sister-in-law 4 years ago to cancer. I still miss her, and sometimes I feel she was put on this earth to help me. We got along together and had many laughs and good times during family get togethers. I still hear her voice and laughter some times when I'm driving by myself in the car or when I'm just thinking of her.

I really believe they never leave us. They're still around in spirit. I've had many experiences that relate to her giving us hints, that she's still around. I'm sure that will happen with you and your family. Some things just can't be swept under the rug as coincidences. You will know when it happens.

I bid you peace my friend and know things will get better. His memories will never fade and there's nothing wrong with holding on to them. Just keep in mind life goes on and eventually we"ll all meet up with those loved ones who pass before us.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Deepest sympathies Rodinus. I did notice your abscence. Tis the most difficult thing in life to say goodbye to a loved one.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Dammit.

I hate cancer with a bloody passion.

Just lost my grandma to cancer from years of smoking. Hope the money was worth it Phillip Morris.

Glad your back on the prowl.

Sincerely hoping things look up for ya.

Kallisti

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Sorry for your loss.

But this is a good day. Another of my favorite posters has returned !!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hello Rodinus old chap, one of my favourite posters also.
I'm sorry for your troubles, welcome back.

I have been absent from here for a time, cast adrift on lifes ocean.
Your thread got my creaking fingers posting.
I emerge hairy, itchy and blinking from my cave.

Maybe your thread could 'awaken' dormant posters, I wonder if there are members out there who have for whatever reason stopped posting and are just one post away from particpating again in this communty?

Anyway Sn'F4U.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Oh and Hi Cody!

It's been a while!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join