It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Man Rescued From Inside A 20-Inch Pipe In Secure Water Treatment Facility

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It's now 5 days ago that this occurred. I keep going out and checking to see if any further news has come out. Basically all of the news seems to end at the man being rescued from the pipe, flown to a hospital, charged with 4th degree criminal trespass, and the police saying they will be interviewing him at the hospital to try to learn about why he was in the pipe and what he was trying to do.

I find it strange that there doesn't seem to be any follow-up even in the local news in Manalapan, New Jersey. No word of explanation or motive. No word on his condition in the hospital or whether he has been released from the hospital. No word on whether he was released on bail on the charge. No word on whether it is still only being investigated by local police with no federal involvement.

Maybe he just refused to talk to police and nothing more will come out until court, but I would think that even that would merit some short news blurb somewhere.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
My claustrophobia kicked in just reading this story. I would have LOST it had I been stuck in a dark pipe for that long. Never would have gone in there in the first place but I am still cringing after reading this.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Yeah, I had the same reaction. Whatever you do, don't measure your shoulders or think about the two 90 degree corners he had to wriggle through.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Yeah...those 90 degree angles in the story are what really started giving me the squirms. I have one of those very reality based imaginations so I can put myself in the emotional state I would be in during a particular situation without actually being there....just visualizing...and this one is one of my worst nightmares...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I called the municipal court to see if Asef Mohammad (Mohammed sp?) was going to be handled by them and the gal told me they weren't handling it but it has been transferred to the Monmouth County Supreme Court. I did a little searching but all I found was that the man was immediately arrested and reportedly flown to Robert Wood Johnson Medical Center after being removed from the pipe.

I can’t view the video but I did read the comments. One of them was startling and there needs to be more security somehow. Not only is the media not reporting on this stuff but the police seem ignorantly unconcerned.

www.nj.com...

dohhhh: This also happened months ago here a quote from another news source, of course SL wont print anything that might not be PC.

"In May 2013, seven Muslims from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Singapore were arrested in the middle of the night at the Quabbin Reservoir which supplies drinking water to the city of Boston as well as dozens of other Massachusetts communities.

The group of two women and five men told the state trooper who discovered them, that they were all chemical engineers and simply wanted to check out the facility.

Three locks had been cut to gain access to the reservoir.

Despite the fact that this incident occurred only a month after the Boston Marathon bombing, and the serious threat that could have been posed to a drinking water facility, no charges were ever filed against the group of trespassers

News source:

www.metro.us... The five men and two woman told troopers they were recent college graduates who wanted to see the reservoir for “education and career interests.”

The suspects are believed to be from Pakistan, Singapore, and Saudi Arabia, and were living in Massachusetts and New York City.

“Further investigation is being undertaken because of the late hour when they were observed, their curious explanation for why they wanted to see the reservoir, and the fact that they were in an area marked no trespassing,” state police said.

There seems to be an air of secrecy on the 7 trespassers:

michaelgraham.com...

Interestingly, however, the police never released the arrest records or names of the trespassers–which would normally be no big deal. Every arrest is public–including mine. Why not some confused water-treatment students from the Middle East?

Which brings us to today’s news:

The seven individuals apprehended for trespassing at the Quabbin Water Reserve in Belchertown, Massachusetts, just after midnight May 14, 2013 are part of an “on-going criminal matter,” according to the Massachusetts State Police.

In response to a Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) request for names, addresses, court dates, and charges filed against the seven individuals, the Office of Chief Legal Council for the Massachusetts State Police cited several state statutes exempting the release of information requested.

“Please be advised G.L. c. 4, XXSSXX 7 cl. 26(a) exempts from public disclosure any records that are “specifically or by necessary implication exempted from disclosure by statute.” In this instance, your request falls within this exemption since releasing the requested information would violate… the Criminal Offender Record Information (“CORI”) statute.”

edit on 22-1-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

jesus christ...

yeah, 7 people broke into a water treatment facility cutting locks etc to do a little research into how the facility works because they want to go into that line of work?! what a #ing joke. it seems like they are really just downplaying this thwarted attempt and sweeping it under the rug. quite disturbing actually....

if it was legitimate research they were trying to conduct why wouldnt they just ask for a tour of the facility during the day or take a more legal route to gather information. makes it pretty obvious they were up to no good just by how they went about it. im surprised the boston pd didnt just laugh in their faces when they were told "oh, we were just interested in this line of work so we broke in to get a better look" lmao

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Thanks for the update and making that call!

This incident of the guy in the water pipe definitely reminded me of the 7 trespassers you mentioned at the Boston area reservoir. In the Boston incident, the clerk of the court apparently decided not to file any charges. Last I could find, the State Police are appealing that and saying that is not the normal procedure for a critical infrastructure area. SOURCE: MassLive

I strongly suspect that this latest incident of the guy in the water pipe will also wind up going nowhere.

There have been other strange incidents at critical infrastructure locations other than water resources. This one that took place in April 2013, about a month before the incident at the Boston area reservoir:

TVA: Suspect shoots at security officer at Watts Bar Nuclear Plant, officer shoots back

An unidentified suspect fired multiple rounds at a security officer on patrol at the Watts Bar Nuclear Plant early Sunday morning, and at least one round hit the security officer’s vehicle, an official said.

The Tennessee Valley Authority nuclear security officer fired back, also shooting multiple rounds.

The suspect appeared to have initially been on the ground but may have fled in a boat, TVA spokesman Jim Hopson said.

The shots were fired just after 2 a.m. this morning on the east side of the 1,700-acre plant, near the Tennessee River, toward the plant’s southern boundary, TVA said. The officer was several hundred yards outside the protected area where the reactor and power equipment are located...

“There was no threat to public safety during the incident and no threat to the security of the plant due to the location outside of the plant perimeter,” TVA said in a Sunday morning statement. “An investigation is under way.”

SOURCE: Oak Ridge Today

Some people at the time tried to claim it was just someone fishing on the river... near the water pipes between the nuclear plant and the river. I guess they think it's normal for people fishing to start shooting at nuclear plant security guards.

For the most part I think that paranoia of possible terrorism is being used to scare people into accepting all of the limitations on freedom, privacy, and rights we've seen since 9/11. And I think that's a far more dangerous risk than [almost] any terrorist. But then when bizarre incidents like the guy in the water pipe, the trespassers at the Boston area reservoir, and the shooter at the Tennessee nuclear power plant are treated like, "Move along, nothing to see here," that really makes me me wonder what is going on.

I would guess there are probably many more strange incidents going on around critical infrastructure than we hear about, too.
edit on 23-1-2014 by ikonoklast because: Corrected a typo.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

ikonoklast

For the most part I think that paranoia of possible terrorism is being used to scare people into accepting all of the limitations on freedom, privacy, and rights we've seen since 9/11. And I think that's a far more dangerous risk than [almost] any terrorist. But then when bizarre incidents like the guy in the water pipe, the trespassers at the Boston area reservoir, and the shooter at the Tennessee nuclear power plant are treated like, "Move along, nothing to see here," that really makes me me wonder what is going on.

I would guess there are probably many more strange incidents going on around critical infrastructure than we hear about, too.
edit on 23-1-2014 by ikonoklast because: Corrected a typo.

I believe it's sooo much more than that. Assuming the NSA had been doing what they claim their purpose was, they should have been able to prevent the Boston bombing. Does the NSA have filters for every language, every slang word? Now, knowing that for all the billions spent and all the violations to the people, they failure proves they aren't worth jack. But imagine this very possible situation: someone compromises a couple large water sources with......(I'm not even going to mention the possible disastrous materials even though FOX news loves informing 'listeners' of specific details on how to harm the USA (maybe they should start writing manuals)).... and the end results are disastrous. Now even more billions will be budgeted for an ever increasing power hold by NSA and every alphabet organization related to it, over this nation and next, the world.

I think TPTB want disasters to happen because the fear creates good little sheeple for them to control. It's inevitable we will lose all our rights because of our fear. They won't even forcefully take them from us, we'll throw them at their feet while suffering the ill affects of the actions of those who are physically harming us.

I agree, there are most likely hundreds of incidents going on around us that we're missing because the so called policies in place don't really work and weren't intended to.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Here is a diagram of the pipe provided by United Water showing where Asaf Mohammad entered the pipe and where he wound up. He had to go up into the 20 inch (0.5 meter) diameter pipe, then turn 90 degrees and travel about 13 feet (4 meters) horizontally, then turn 90 degrees and go down head first another 10 or 15 feet (3 to 4.5 meters) or so before getting stuck for hours and having to be rescued.

All I did to the image was try to improve the brightness and contrast. The original diagram can be seen here:United Water on Twitter - Pipe Diagram

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I've recently tried several times to follow up and see if any explanation or follow up has come out. So far all I can find is that the man was released on personal recognizance. Then the story just dies as near as I can tell.

There must be more to this that we're not hearing. There's no way he accidentally climbed a fence and accidentally fell up a pipe. If anyone ever hears anything more, I would love to know.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

You make quite a leap of faith.

If you believe hijackers were involved in 9/11, they spent the prior months drinking and hanging with strippers.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

originally posted by: StoutBroux
I called the municipal court to see if Asef Mohammad (Mohammed sp?) was going to be handled by them and the gal told me they weren't handling it but it has been transferred to the Monmouth County Supreme Court.

I thought this might get swept under the rug, but apparently the guy was just indicted by a Monmouth County Grand Jury last week:

The 27-year-old Manalapan man who was found stuck in a 20-inch pipe at a United Water facility in January has been indicted for criminal trespass.

On Tuesday [April 15, 2014], a Monmouth County Grand Jury indicted Asaf Mohammad, 27, of Emily Road in Manalapan, for fourth-degree criminal trespass stemming from an incident when he allegedly entered a United Water Matchponix treatment facility without authorization.

SOURCE

There must be an interesting back story to this. According to the water company, to get inside the pipe where he was found and rescued, he would have had to climb over a fence, climb naked UP into the 20-inch diameter pipe, make a 90 degree turn, wriggle 13 feet, make another 90 degree turn, and wriggle or fall head first another 10 or 15 feet down the pipe.

If it goes to trial, maybe we will learn more. I can't see many possible reasons other than malicious intent, a mental issue, or intoxication on something.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Forgetaboutit.. Jersey is is mafiosa state anyways .. he must have pissed off some Sicilians .. so they stripped this mohammed and squeezed him down the pipes .. probably left him for dead or just wanted to teach him a lesson to pay up later or else .. they like operating in places like these .. under bridges .. treatment plants ..river banks ..secluded parts ..

Don't think this dude was a terrorist .. but thats the direction they will spin it in .. I do think though that he owes someone big time ..this was his wake up call ..

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: junglimogli
Forgetaboutit.. Jersey is is mafiosa state anyways .. he must have pissed off some Sicilians .. so they stripped this mohammed and squeezed him down the pipes ..

Interesting theory, but according to the water company's blueprint they would have had to squeeze him up the pipe, not down, and then around a 90 degree bend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join