It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs-Spheres sightings...are some possibly robotic drones?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Yesterday while watching "UFO Hunters" program, this particular subject of orb/sphere sightings came up. There have been any number of these kind/type ufo sightings going back over the decades. There were a number of people interviewed on the show who both saw these, some up very close, and some even had interaction type experiences with them. It got me to thinking and wondering. Is it possible some of these may be some type of ufo/craft, while others are possibly a probe of a type, that comes from somewhere else, say another ufo/possible craft from some other location in the atmosphere or space, which is sent down to do investigating and noting interaction with humans, which then return to the mothership with info obtained.

I am open to this idea....

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by data5091

There was a thread posted lastnight saying that Chinese scientists descovered that Lightning can form spheres and also drift a small distance. They discovered it by accident. I suggest you go find that thread and give it a read. These are the same orbs that for years scienctists said were caused by swamp gas.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

I will check that, thanks, but I will disagree with the assessment given. What is going on is definitely not swamp gas or any kind of ball lightning, as witnesses in the show said these spheres acted like they were " under control ", their words, not mine.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

data5091
reply to post by snypwsd

I will check that, thanks, but I will disagree with the assessment given. What is going on is definitely not swamp gas or any kind of ball lightning, as witnesses in the show said these spheres acted like they were " under control ", their words, not mine.

The orbs in question were only stable for 1.6 seconds and traveled a total distance of 50 ft.

There are reports of ball lightning acting as if it were intelligently controlled. Still a mysterious phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

so is it your opinion then, if I may ask,that all sightings of orbs/spheres, are lightning related then? If so, I will respectfully disagree.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

data5091

so is it your opinion then, if I may ask,that all sightings of orbs/spheres, are lightning related then? If so, I will respectfully disagree.

As well you should, had I actually made such a sweeping assertion.

Re-read my post.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I guess some orbs could be drones but they haven't always been. I suspect some orbs are probes or scouts of some kind

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I did, thanks for setting the record straight.
Another reason why I feel some of these are not lightning or swamp gas, one guy on the show had a close contact with a sphere/orb which just hovered right in front of him, and he said after he shined a light on it, it took off into the sky at high speed.
edit on 21pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by data5091

If they only last 1.6 seconds or so, then I wouldn't rule out ball lightning or swamp gas. However, if they last longer than a few seconds thouse sources seem unlikely to me. Since a very high percentage of the population now has cell phones, most with cameras and many of those even have video capability, I'd expect to see more pictures and video recordings.

mobithinking.com...

Mobile subscribers worldwide

There are 6.8 billion mobile subscriptions worldwide, estimates The International Telecommunication Union (February 2013). That is equivalent to 96 percent of the world population (7.1 billion according to the ITU).
I believe it. I know people in third world countries who can barely put food on the table, but they have cell phones.

Also after reading the thread on "intelligent moving spheres" which is obviously just some balloons blowing around in the wind, I have a very low confidence in anyone's generic statement of "intelligent control" if such a huge number of people can't even tell some balloons blowing in the wind aren't intelligently controlled. When someone claims an orb is "intelligently controlled" now, I take such a statement with an exceptionally large grain of salt after reading that 95 page thread. In that case there was video but it shows what the orbs are.

So people, if you see these things, use your cell phone/camera to photograph or video them and let's see if we can figure out what they are. With so many people carrying a form of camera with them nearly all the time now, the reasons for not having images of the orbs are subsiding.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

data5091
Yesterday while watching "UFO Hunters" program, this particular subject of orb/sphere sightings came up. There have been any number of these kind/type ufo sightings going back over the decades. There were a number of people interviewed on the show who both saw these, some up very close, and some even had interaction type experiences with them.

I was just talking to a close friend, a very analytic, matter of fact person not prone to exaggeration who had a personal encounter with an "orb".

I asked her to describe the orb. She said "It was a billiard ball-sized, self-illuminated sphere. The light was not brilliant. It was more like the muted glow of a bulb behind a glass shade."

She said there was no discernible intelligence to its behavior.

I asked her to describe the encounter: "As I was sitting on this wall, I saw the ball emerge from the wall (or appear right next to it) and then travel smoothly and in a straight line east a distance of perhaps 10-15 feet before it simply disappeared. No fading... it just was and then it was not. The whole thing took maybe 3 seconds."

She said it was no more than 4 feet away when it appeared, perhaps 3... "close enough to touch".

I did ask about any recent or distant storm activity and she couldn't say one way or another. The evening was clear and it had possibly been raining earlier, according to her.

Yesterday I copied her on the news about Chinese scientists' accidental recording of ball lightning. Her response was: "Once you showed me that video, I'm sure that's what it was. That's exactly what it looked like. It was nice to finally know what it was."

edit: That response was in reference to a video of what was supposedly ball lightning I had sent her previously. The Chinese story is what prompted the conversation yesterday.

edit on 22-1-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join