It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor tells Fox News: Obama’s getting us ready to embrace the anti-Christ

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

The antichrist is a state of minds shared by many people. Jesus preached goodness, honesty, and truth being important. He taught that there is only one judge. Now, how often do you see that in this world today. Politicians skirt the truth, many use deception to gain what they desire. People are told you can take risks buy things you wantand declare bankruptcy so you do not have to pay for them. They would rather treat illnesses instead of curing them. The stock market is a scam, a gambling organization, using the possibility of future profits to bet on instead of the real worth of the company. Even our money is worthless yet we still believe in it.

The antichrist is the belief in something that is not real. Heck, our food isn't even real anymore. The devil would have you believe a lie.
edit on 21-1-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Are you guys still listening to the MSM? I thought we agreed that they lie, propagate agendas and are complete scum!

Well, that is unless they are opioning on my side, that is. Right?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I resisted for a moment but I have a couple things to point out....

President Obama is the anti-Christ.

....well I guess only one thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
New International Version
Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son.
1 John 2:22

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Sounds quite similar to my experiences. I was raised in a Penecostal church and was fed the bologna the entire time in youth services. And when I was made to go to "church camp", I remember seeing my cousin and my sister finally "speak in tongues".. and I began to wonder, hmmm... How come I can't speak in "tongues"? What exactly IS "tongues" anyways?

the questions ran quickly through my mind but I was discouraged by my family when I asked them Why this? Why That?
I was told I shouldn't think like that etc. That I would go to hell yada yadda.

But, I found that I never really believed it... and I realized that I was TRYING to hold onto those beliefs probably because of fear of the unknown. Death primarily and if there was an afterlife.

But as I aged, I came to the realization that NOBODY needs religion of ANY KIND to be a good person. It simply takes morals and love. We are not divine like "christ". nor will we ever be. I assume try to be more heavenly, but don't beat yourself up if you make a mistake and pray to the clouds for something.

Besides, all these televangelists are greedy prosperity preachers anyways. It seems most people convert to Christianity either out of fear of death and the afterlife, or they just want more tangible possesions.

alright... I'm done ranting. Saludos!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

watchitburn
What the pastor is doing, is making money off of easily manipulated people and their fears.
Churches need lots of money, and mega churches need mega money.

So he spouts some fear and doom on national news and Blammo, lots of money. Because if it's on the news it must be true, let's buy his book and Learn more about how Obama is in league with the devil.

Political pandering + religion + cable TV = money.

Every time.

ABSOLUTELY!
Just look at Joel Osteen and his millions. The guy is snake, preaching a bunch of BS to people who will pay money to him. A real "christian" would help the poor with all that damn money. sheesh

It's like this mega church by me that is in a rich neighborhood. They keep adding onto the church..they now have a cafe, a restaurant, and a gym when frankly the church was ALREADY SUPER BIG. you think those tithes and offerings couldn't be donated to the sick and the poor?
People go there sometimes and give thier last $20 for tithes, and then the pastor smiles and leaves church later in his mercedes.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have to say, this precise theory/belief is what caused me to pull back a bit on how vicious I tended to be as a critic of Obama.

It was after a faculty member described a confrontation with a student she'd worked with for quite some time (never got a name and it didn't matter) and thought she knew quite well. Never a real problem or hassle.

This was a couple years ago for events context and what happened was that the student got into this, the instructor expressed the disagreement for saying Obama was or was in any way related to the Anti-Christ of Biblical reference ..and the student went into hysterics and almost violent ranting about how 'anyone who didn't see this was a damn fool' and 'she must be one of the legion to not admit he *WAS* the Anti-Christ'.

I hadn't fully realized...before that moment..just *HOW* extreme some people are in hating someone I don't like either...but have natural human limits of perspective as to how personally I can ever take dislike of a public figure. Even that one.

With that in mind...I'll disagree with the premise someone on Fox was selling this time. Err.... It don't compute for me.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I never thought OBAMA to be the AntiChrist, I think he is evil with evil intentions, perhaps a false prophet. Being a false prophet I could see him paving the way for the AntiChrist. I could also see the new Pope being a false prophet and paving the way. I do believe we are in the end times and things are just going to get worse from here. Joel Osteen is a false prophet big time as well. I do not think the AC will be Hillary or Michelle either. The AC is supposed to be someone that the world trusts. I don't think the world will embrace a female US leader. Could be the new Pope but I think this one is paving the way for the AC.
edit on Tue Jan 21 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
While I think the preacher is gravely mistaken, I also believes he performs a valuable public service. American religion has continually called out the ruling elite, and spoken up against evil when the press wouldn't do it.

It was nuttier-than-hell preachers like John Brown that finally go the Abolition movement to quit passing resolutions and start doing something about slavery.

Likewise, it wasn't a politician or a soldier that got rid of Jim Crow laws in the South. It was a Black preacher: MLK jr.

Even prohibition, which was completely misguided, was an example of religion (crazy preachers again) taking on the liquor syndicate, like Anheuser-Busch. The press was totally silent on the evils of alcoholism, and its role in family violence. The unregulated sale of alcohol, usually where working-men could "stop in for a drink" on the way home, meant that workers wasted their paychecks and impoverished their own families. Beer and liquor sold advertizing, and so the press was completely silent about alcohol and its drag on working people.

When a tyrant takes over the presidency, and the senate abdicates their role for the sake of the "strong leader," it will be the nutty preachers who will stand screaming against "The Beast" in the mall parking lot. Shouting and waving a Bible, they will be the only ones with the courage to say what it is.

Sure, they are an obnoxious presence.

Still, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Keep in mind what the pastor was saying ... the shift in values and the convincing of people to give up their individual liberties for the good of the masses is dulling the senses of the population. The rise of secularism and loss of faith in The Savior is making it possible for the Anti-Christ to rise and bring about the incidents predicted in the Bible. As a "believer" I love this quote ,"The devil's finest trick is to persuade you that he does not exist."― Charles Baudelaire, Paris Spleen.

He is not saying President Obama is the Anti-Christ, nor is he saying President Obama is in league with the Anti-Christ or the Devil. He is saying that as one of the most influential people in the world, President Obama's support of sinful decisions (same gender marriages, legalization of drugs), his justification of falsehoods (if you like your insurance you can keep your insurance), and his pro-Palestine (anti-Israel) stances, all aid in creating a more ignorant populace willing to sell out, support, and even clamor for someone willing to sell damnation draped in fancy terms and disguised as for the good of mankind. In this context you could replace President Obama with the MSM, numerous popular celebrities, current authors, musicians, etc.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Obama is a christian and he follows Jesus lead in caring for the poor. It's easy to see Satan working in Christian churches with clowns like this around.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

I don't think that's accurate at all. That would make OBAMA the false profiteer.

Ok maybe?
edit on Tue Jan 21 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The antichrist is coming? I could have sworn he/she/it was already here?

1 John 4
3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

According to the bible the antichrist has been here for at least 2,000 years and has been working his magic all that time.
edit on 32011616CST323 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Obama has a really sketchy pass. I would not be surprised that he is unknowingly paving a easy path for the next dictator to take over. Some people may see evil as the spirit of anti Christ like Hitler etc. Perhaps we may get a Hitler in the near future after all the presidential powers are getting exceedingly more powerful. Because Obama and Bush has set a precedent that the lemmons will do nothing when they over reach, so they will continue to push forward more executive powers as long as no one has the balls to stop them. It will get worst after every election in the future, until the people say no and impeach the president.
edit on 21-1-2014 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think the pastor is trying to sell his book. By the way...anyone try any of that "miracle water?"

Someone told me to order some and my cataracts will go away....

Ive digressed from the OP I know, but was making a point.

Any claim to sell the products...in this case...his new book.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

OBAMA is not Christian.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I actually thought his plans were worst than that, but I guess I can go with the lessor of two evils in this case.....

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Oh, I saw this guy while flipping through the channels.

A complete nut job.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

AY6111306
Keep in mind what the pastor was saying ... the shift in values and the convincing of people to give up their individual liberties for the good of the masses is dulling the senses of the population.

You know who convinced everyone they should give up their liberties? GWB and Dick Cheney, by passing the PATRIOT act in less than 11 days after 9/11.

That single piece of legislation took away more Constitutional freedoms than any other piece of legislation before or since.

And Americans THANKED Bush / Cheney for keeping them safe by reelecting them.
edit on 21-1-2014 by babybunnies because: spelling

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The "spirit " of "antichrist" is alive and well just as John wrote 2 thousand years ago.John is the only one who wrote of antichrist and contrary to common belief not one time is"antichrist" mentioned in the book of Revelation.
In Greek anti means "in place of" In Hebrew christ is "mashiach (messiah)and means to rub with oil.It was done when a priest,prophet or King was imbued with the power of the creator God.

The word antichrist means "in place of those imbued with the power of the creator God". The anointed ones is who John was talking about.The only anointed ones at that time who were "christ" (the few are chosen)were himself and the other apostles.The "antichrists" were the upstarts that were trying to undermined them by their "religion". Contrary to popular belief neither the apostles nor for that matter even Yahoshua were "christians".

That same "spirit of antichrist is present today it is not THE Antichrist..that "article (THE) was added and not in the original text the scriptures were translated from however Yahoshua did said who the antichrist are.

MANY will come in my NAME and say I am christ and will deceive many". There is only one group of "many" that come in the "name of "christ" saying THEY are "christs".,,,

It is not difficult to figure who these "many" are out yet NONE of them can understand it or believe it.That is why so many of them believe these lies.God has caused a strong delusion that they would believe a lie....There is another scripture they cannot and will not believe is them.

"MANY will come to me in that day and say :LORD LORD" didn't we do Many works in YOUR NAME and he will say depart from me you who do evil I never knew you".

The"antichrists" are not pagans or atheists or agnostic or Muslims or Buddhist etc etc... Yahoshua was speaking of.John and Yahoshua had it right. There will be Many in that day (from that time up until now and beyond) that are "antichrist" and will not know it .They think they have done "many" works in the "name of christ" however it is only in "place of christ"...antichrist....

I am not condemning anyone.It is just the facts..the facts are the "antichrists" can't see the truth so they have "concocted a bogeyman"THE Antichrist" as a patsy unknowingly.

The fact is there is no"The Antichrist" it isn't in the in book of Revelation( which is ALL metaphors and signs and NOT prophecies or predictions of past present of future historical events).THE Antichrist is not even in the books John wrote of either only "antichrists" ..those many that are in place of christ. who believe they are "anointed of God" and are anything but.

edit on 22-1-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join