It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the biggest sacrifice you've ever made for another person?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fossilera

Here's the selfless part - I found out while walking him back that he didn't have a car, all the groceries he was carrying was all he could afford for the next couple weeks, and may have been into drugs, and admitted to at least some jail time. Didn't care - he was getting home alive under my watch, or we'd both be dead. Looking back, I can say I was pretty stupid; dangerous neighborhood, helping a felon, no-one out that late. But when someone is howling in pain because he had to walk miles in the cold weather, and looks like he's about dead and mumbling (learned in boy scouts that if you are not able to pronounce words, you need to get inside asap, because once the cold is on your mind, your willpower to get to your destination is shot), I'm willing to help. I'd do it all again, if it ever comes to that.

I enjoy all the stories, a LOT. But I especially enjoy this one.

I've been in situations like that before, and I don't think it was stupid in the least bit. I mean, risky? Yes... but not stupid. Its those moments when we really define who we are as people. Nothing good comes without risk. I say power to you, those experiences are mentally and emotionally enlightening for all the people involved.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

I adopted 3 children from disadvantaged countries and families in order to provide them with a better life. I did so as a gay man, starting in the late 90's when that sort of thing was illegal in most places, and certainly not socially acceptable.

For my efforts, as well as my husbands, there now stands 3 well on their way to being, wonderful people in our world.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Last year i decided to move out of my kids home, my now ex wife and me where going through tough times, she was unhappy with me at home, and going through a depression. I moved out on ok terms.

She is now the same woman i fell in love with, she is an awsome mom for my 2 angels, but where just friends...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I sat here thinking about it for a little while before writing this. There are number of things that would probably be considered selfless to others that I've done. But none of them were selfless to me. It's just common human decency, nothing more nothing less.

**but I do enjoy the reading and thread

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I have never sacrificed a thing. Sacrifice means loss.

Everything I have ever done, I gained from it.

So nope. No sacrifices from me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join