It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Undergound Base In Iraan, Tx? A Story From A Friend

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
So I hesitated to post this because I have zero evidence to back it up. I mean Zero. But oh well, I got told a story this morning and I've decided to pass it along.

I had some parts brought to me by a regular vendor that's become a friend. So we got to talking as usual and he started telling me a story about a trucker who had come to their warehouse to unload. This trucker apparently lives off the grid in the hills of Tennessee. He actually gave me the guys name, but for now I'll leave him unnamed. The trucker told my vendor to look him up on pinterest where he has all kinds of things he has built, so it might not be a big deal. The claimed to be an engineer by trade originally. I guess that changed when he went off the grid. Who knows if it's even true? Anywho....he got to telling him all about how he lives off the grid. The guy sounds kind of like a prepper.

To make a long story he short, at one point in the conversation he told him about how he had been to an underground city around Iraan, Tx unloading his truck. Naturally, I took note of this. Did a quick google search and found this youtube video.

This story above is told second hand, but it matches the story the trucker told my friend perfectly. Basically the guy was in the middle of no where and two jeeps came out to him and lead him though some hills to the entrance of the base. Maybe it's a line of bull, maybe it's not. This trucker is quite the character to say the least. He also mentioned he did work for the government in some weapons department before he went off the grid.

Like I said before, zero evidence to prove any of this. But, I'm hoping that maybe someone here on ATS in that area might have at least heard something about this.
edit on 21-1-2014 by solongandgoodnight because: title

edit on 21-1-2014 by solongandgoodnight because: added before he went off the grid

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
First time i heard of it but it wouldnt suprize me at all, there are probaply quite few secret facilities around US that remains hidden and secret.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

Certainly interesting.
An underground city with 7 story buildings?
With tons of military people scurrying around like ants?

it's a tough one to swallow. But I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
What i dont get about these types of stories (underground military bases - top secret) is how do you keep something a secret if thousands n thousands of people know about it.... anything short of mind control cannot explain this. This is beyond compartmentalization.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

combatmaster
What i dont get about these types of stories (underground military bases - top secret) is how do you keep something a secret if thousands n thousands of people know about it.... anything short of mind control cannot explain this. This is beyond compartmentalization.

You could've said the same thing about the NSA before Snowden came along. But I'm with you, it's hard to believe but you can't help but wonder if it's true. And if it is true, why is it there?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

tail makes no sense what so ever - , nor is it original , lastly IMHO the vid is the secondary source

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
May be true, may not be true. I certainly don't know. I do however think that IF the government had a secret base/city underground as the story goes they would NOT have truck drivers delivering directly to the base. That makes no sense to me. Here is a "secret base" and we have truck drivers delivering materials like its a Walmart? I don't see that as plausible.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

As I google map the place, I see no evidence in the form of air vents or large traffic pattern that would indicate a Base. But what i do find is an unusual amount of newer and cleaner cars and truck in the town for a such back water place compared to the surrounding towns. Also the car tags I can see seem to be from out of state on a lot of them. The town also seems much newer in buildings. It all could be from oil revenue but the amount of shiny autos in town leads me to think otherwise...

Sirric

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

combatmaster

This is a fallacy.

Thousands of people work in the Pentagon, but still no one will tell you where certain program offices are located within the walls even though thousands walk right past their doors every single day.

Hell, 5000 sailor work on them but just try to find the location of the entrance to an aircraft carriers reactor room, it isn't going to be talked about.

There are some things "secret" I'm not allowed to talk about and I know for a fact that people don't believe it exists. So what is really out there?

edit on 21/1/14 by sirric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

BugOut
May be true, may not be true. I certainly don't know. I do however think that IF the government had a secret base/city underground as the story goes they would NOT have truck drivers delivering directly to the base. That makes no sense to me. Here is a "secret base" and we have truck drivers delivering materials like its a Walmart? I don't see that as plausible.

Starred, you earned that one.
They take care of keeping it secret, with all the secret files, the late night meetings and MSM bribes but cant find a way of getting goods other than to call some random trucker?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

combatmaster

They way to keep thousands of people from talking are 1.Paying them, 2. Confidentiality clauses with the warning of extreme prosecution if you speak up.
Why does a secret base have to be nefarious? Just because no one knows what goes on there doesn't mean they are up to no good, it kinda reminds me of when we were kids and there is the old house down the street that people say a murderer lives in etc, all born out of lack of facts.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
One thing that TPTB have going for them....
How many people will believe the random trucker that says he was in an underground base that is seven stories deep?

Not many, even on a conspiracy website.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If you zoom in on that town (Iraan, TX) south of the main route there's hundreds of weird dirt roads ending in a rectangular what looks like a pool or pond, and a round spot right next to it that may be a drilling rig or fracking tower. Leading away from that, there's what looks like cables.

Anyone know what these really are?

And yeah, that town looks awful prosperous for something out in the middle of dirt-clod, Texas. Even the hospital is a bit large and new considering the size of the (obvious) population.

For everyone poo-poohing Deep Underground Military Bases, we've known about them for a long time. It's what they're FOR that's the question, and if they're for survival purposes, how come the people paying for them aren't invited?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

signalfire
If you zoom in on that town (Iraan, TX) south of the main route there's hundreds of weird dirt roads ending in a rectangular what looks like a pool or pond, and a round spot right next to it that may be a drilling rig or fracking tower. Leading away from that, there's what looks like cables.

And yeah, that town looks awful prosperous for something out in the middle of dirt-clod, Texas. Even the hospital is a bit large and new considering the size of the (obvious) population.

For everyone poo-poohing Deep Underground Military Bases, we've known about them for a long time. It's what they're FOR that's the question, and if they're for survival purposes, how come the people paying for them aren't invited?

Bing maps has it labeled as a gas plant.

There are tanks, piping and regulators there, so I guess that is what it is.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

combatmaster

I think you have made an error here. There are tons of things that many people within the government/military know about, but these things don't get out to the public. How long did the government maintain a doomsday continuity of government bunker UNDER A WORKING HOTEL, with people going in and out, without anyone finding out? People finally found out about it, and it was built right under their noses, but it took a long time.

And that was in a populated area. We are talking the middle of nowhere here. I live in Texas, and I have long thought that while everyone's attention is focused on bases in New Mexico, Nevada, or Arizona, something could easily have been built underground in West Texas without anyone noticing. It is a huge place.

I am not saying I buy the story, but it is definitely possible. The military definitely has the resources and the motive to want to do it as well. But, there is some truth in the statement that someone, if there were thousands of entry-level military personnel, someone would have said something to someone, and the story would at least have been mentioned online somewhere.

And to the person who mentioned that it didn't make sense to send a regular truck driver into such a place, you might be on to something. It would seem to me that such things are not done regularly, and maybe this was a special case, where an outside driver had to deliver something important. For instance, a key piece of machinery may have been needed immediately, and thus they went outside of standard delivery protocol to get the piece. That is just one possibility. But if there were constantly civilian truckers going in and out, the story would have likely been out in more detail by now. Maybe not, but it seems plausible to think so.

And there is another thing that I don't understand. The vast majority of military bases that have been built underground are structured in such a way that it looks like one giant building. They don't carve out a huge space, and then start constructing buildings like they would on the surface. At least I have never heard of such construction in a military base. But then again, there are not too many underground military basees that I know of. The vast majority of them are on the surface. Even the Groom Lake base is on the surface, although there is likely an underground component to that base. The majority of sub-surface installations are used for housing and launching nuclear ballistic missiles, and then there are bunkers that are designed for nuclear warfare or some other disaster or attack. But an actual base, the entire thing I mean, being underground...I have never heard of such. There is "S4," if you believe in that, which I personally think is garbage.

Such a base, to be built in such a manner, completely underground, would have a very important purpose. It would be either nuclear, or involve testing of some kind, or something that is definitely highly classified and important to national defense. And this being the case, I cannot imagine having thousands of military personnel, many of whom would have to be of low enlisted rank, trudging around the place. It is not impossible, but they wouldn't just send Joe Blow enlisted man to such a base. I have been through the vetting process for a security clearance when I was in the Air Force, and for something this secretive, not that many would pass such a process and be granted that necessary clearance.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

sirric

combatmaster

This is a fallacy.

Thousands of people work in the Pentagon, but still no one will tell you where certain program offices are located within the walls even though thousands walk right past their doors every single day.

Hell, 5000 sailor work on them but just try to find the location of the entrance to an aircraft carriers reactor room, it isn't going to be talked about.

There are some things "secret" I'm not allowed to talk about and I know for a fact that people don't believe it exists. So what is really out there?

edit on 21/1/14 by sirric because: (no reason given)

What you say is true.... but it is not an accurate example of this topic.

Just to be clear.... forget the certain top secret program offices of the pentagon and the reactor room of an aircraft carrier, what im saying is whether its possible to keep the actual Pentagon or the actual aircraft carrier itself a secret. That is what is being implied here, an entire base that is secret, not one room within a base.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

signalfire

Back in the mid 1980s, my family had a deer lease outside of Iraan, TX that we leased from Marathon Oil. There were literally oil/natural gas wells every 500 feet throughout the entire region. So that is what you are seeing in those Google Earth images. It is because of the close proximity of these oil wells and the lack of federal lands to act as a buffer in the area that leads me to doubt this story. There are simply too many eyes in the area for such a base to be constructed without raising questions by the public at large.

With that being said, we did see "strange" lights on a few evenings, but always attributed them to drilling operations that are going on around the clock.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Such a base, to be built in such a manner, completely underground, would have a very important purpose. It would be either nuclear, or involve testing of some kind, or something that is definitely highly classified and important to national defense. And this being the case, I cannot imagine having thousands of military personnel, many of whom would have to be of low enlisted rank, trudging around the place. It is not impossible, but they wouldn't just send Joe Blow enlisted man to such a base. I have been through the vetting process for a security clearance when I was in the Air Force, and for something this secretive, not that many would pass such a process and be granted that necessary clearance.

Thats my point.... if there were really that many personnel then that means secrecy is compromised.... and lets not forget we live in the internet age now, so its really not that hard to reveal a secret anymore!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Underground tunnels "Maine to Washington D.C. to Colorado" Good vid from last year.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

ignorant_ape

tail makes no sense what so ever - , nor is it original , lastly IMHO the vid is the secondary source

I already said it was secondary source.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join