It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Police Officer Plays Football With Lonely Kid full dashcam video

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The softer side of policing: Dashcam captures heart-warming moment officer takes time out of fighting crime to play catch with a lonely child on the street

Footage from the in-car camera was uploaded by Rosenberg Police Department in Texas to their Facebook page, with the caption: 'While a 2 minute game of football might not mean anything, to some it could mean everything!'

The officer has been praised for reaching out to the community and helping to engage with the 10-year-old, who now says he wants to be a policeman or a professional football player.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
S&F for sharing this
Makes a change from all the hate

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
At 1:03 he turns off or down, his personal radio.

Amazing. Made my day.
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Saw this on UK news a couple of hours ago.

Well done officer

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ha good man doing a good thing.

Brings honor to the badge for a change, excellent role model for others in the force. Lets hope they take a page from his book too and act like servants of the people and not prison guards of the citizens.

edit on 21-1-2014 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Thought most dash-cams only record when the lights get turned on...

Seems like a PR stunt or the policeman wanted to impress a lady.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

I wondered how long it would take for someones negative take on the situation....5 posts.

It's sad some people can't see any good in the world and if something happens there has to be another motive involved.

Sometimes good things happen in the world, don't be so damn cynical you can't see it when it does happen.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

mwood

I wondered how long it would take for someones negative take on the situation....5 posts.

It's sad some people can't see any good in the world and if something happens there has to be another motive involved.

Sometimes good things happen in the world, don't be so damn cynical you can't see it when it does happen.

Good call.

I am still insanely jealous of your avi, can't believe how many of us there are down here in Texas, I thought they would all be cowboys fans, but no, green and gold everywhere.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Dash cams on all the time, they record various systems as switched on e.g. Light, siren, speed etc.

Pity about your negativity chum, but it's still a relatively free world in the States.

Looking forward to your views about the Thin Blue Line if the real anarchists come out to play in your neighbourhood.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Makes you think, this is both nice and sad...

It's nice because simple things like these can really change for the better a young kid.
But it's also sad because it's SO out of the norm, that we almost can't believe our eyes.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

mwood

I wondered how long it would take for someones negative take on the situation....5 posts

Okay I will bite. The officer later beat tazed and arrested the child for blocking traffic & public endangerment.
The boy is facing 25 to life and is being charged as an adult for hurting the officers fist against his face.

D

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

mwood

Nothing negative about that. I'm 100% pro LEO.. But this footage does look suspicious. Not sure about that state, but modern dash cams come active under certain conditions.

Still thinking he did it for a lady.

...so damn cynical? Really? Never stated hate, just some fun humor into this. Learn to live a bit before prejudice. But glad you feel the way I do on most police threads. &

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Shuftystick

Dash cams on all the time, they record various systems as switched on e.g. Light, siren, speed etc.

Pity about your negativity chum, but it's still a relatively free world in the States.

Looking forward to your views about the Thin Blue Line if the real anarchists come out to play in your neighbourhood.

See above post.

Sorry you can't get beyond your own thinking chum.

edit on 22-1-2014 by ChuckNasty because: added chum.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

mwood

It seems it was a PR thing. Another link to this story:
game of catch...

An ongoing thing they do. Not bad for a police dept. Wish they did that here..

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

HomerinNC

The softer side of policing: Dashcam captures heart-warming moment officer takes time out of fighting crime to play catch with a lonely child on the street

Footage from the in-car camera was uploaded by Rosenberg Police Department in Texas to their Facebook page, with the caption: 'While a 2 minute game of football might not mean anything, to some it could mean everything!'

The officer has been praised for reaching out to the community and helping to engage with the 10-year-old, who now says he wants to be a policeman or a professional football player.
Maybe they should show this at the Academy..

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Never fails to amaze me how many people simply hate the police. Sure, there are a bunch of asses among them but a lot of that is because there are so many asses among us. Can you imagine dealing with today's public on a daily basis as a cop? The drunks, the women who call but won't file charges, the scum among us, etc.? I'm not a cop but I know they should be paid much better. Hell...I don't even want to go to Walmart and deal with us.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Not to take away from the gesture of the officer but this is what community policing should look like. This is how people get to know police officers and vice versa...

I recall when I was younger I policeman and his partner playing a game of horse with some other kids at a park. A lady rolled by me with her carriage and was upset that they were not out arresting drug dealers...

Sometimes you just can't win...

Made me feel good that this policeman took the time out to play some catch...thanks OP

We need more of that community interaction..

new topics

top topics

join