It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carnival Paradise Cruise Ghost...Ashley Barnett? RIP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I just came from a family cruise, our group was over 20 family members, the ship was the Carnival Paradise.

I have been always interested on the paranormal, so a week before boarding I found this website while searching for overboard deaths etc. And to my surprise I found that 1 person died on 2005 on the cruise I was going... Carnival Paradise www.cruiseshipdeaths.com...

After a little searching online I found the room this girl died R149 just feets away from our rooms. I only told my wife about this since she is also interested on the subject.

After we boarded the ship, between eating, running behind my two daughters 2 year old and 7 year old, eating again and family meetings for pictures etc. I totally forgot about the Ashley Barnett and room R149. it wasn't until the third night while everyone was at dinner that I heard my cousin in the other table talking about what happened to her boyfriend the night before, I only heard HE SAW A GHOST, I quickly went to their table and ask him what he saw.

His story: (they are in their 20's)
He was sleeping with my cousin, when he suddenly woke up because he heard a banging in the wall, after he opened his eyes he saw a girl by the door, he tough it was my cousin because it had a brown/blonde hair just like my cousin has, but when he realized my cousin was sleeping in the bed by his side, he freak out, he stand up to see if it was the cleaning lady but girl banished. He went to the door and felt someone grabbing his leg. He quickly turned the lights on and looked around when he was walking to the bed to wake up my cousin he looks at the mirror and saw a crew member in the reflection behind him or at least is how he describes the guy, it had a vest like all the other employees on the ship and it looked from another country, after that, the crew member banished.

After hearing this, I told him what I knew about the death of a young woman on the ship and that it looked similar to his girlfriend "my cousin" and it died just feets away from his room. His face turned white after I told him this. I told them I knew a website that had a picture of the girl who died and as soon we returned to Florida and got my Sprint signal back I was going to show him the picture of her. I never said the name to him and as soon we were close to Florida and got my phone signal back, I took 3 pictures from the internet one of Ashley Barnett and 2 other girls. He choose Ashley Barnett from the 3 pictures and he was freak out.

This is the picture I show him

After dinner when he told me his experience, I went to my room and got my camera and went to room R149 area where Ashley Barnett died, I took a few pictures on the hallway but didn't see anything, but when passing by her room you can hear some banging in the wall, now I wonder if it has to do with her or just normal ship sounds.

This is a layout on how close the rooms are in the ship.(blue are my family members rooms)

Just wanted to share this to see if anyone has similar experiences on other cruises or on this one "Paradise from Carnival"?

edit on 21-1-2014 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
That is a wicked awesome ghost story. Too bad she died cause she is gorgeous. Not saying I wouldnt feel any different if she was ugly. Terrible how some people have to die. Very cool story though! 2 thumbs up!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Daver2056
That is a wicked awesome ghost story. Too bad she died cause she is gorgeous. Not saying I wouldnt feel any different if she was ugly. Terrible how some people have to die. Very cool story though! 2 thumbs up!

Yeah is very sad how she died and how it was handle by Carnival, we asked a carnival employee if they have heard about ghost reports and he told us that some cruisers had some experiences but they "crew members" are not allowed to say anything.

I wonder if she died banging at the wall for people to hear her and help her.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

Great story any idea how the girl died?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

There is more info here www.cruiseshipdeaths.com... but it looks like a accidental drug overdose, long story short... she took what she believe was advils, but her boyfriend had other drugs inside the bottle and she overdosed.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cdesigns

How terrible what a shocking waste of a young life .Drugs the curse of our age
It seems highly probable that it was the young ladies spirit roaming those corridors for evermore

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Daver2056

Great story . gave me goose bumps.
Thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I know this thread is old, but I randomly googled my sisters name because I was missing her. Well this is what i found. Needless to say its a little bit upsetting but interesting at the same time. Her death was very hard on our entire family, we still have a lot of unasnwered questions about what really happened.

Thanks for posting this. As weird as it sounds, hearing a story about my sister that i hadnt heard before is nice. Considering we are coming up on 10 years since she passed. Have a great day everyone.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rsbarnett9

My condolences.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: lifecitizen

My condolences.

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
So sorry for your lost, I didn't want to upset anyone, much less a family member, but the thing that still shocks me to this day, is that when we were close to the coast and I got my phone signal back, I downloaded your sister picture and 2 other girl pictures at random with similar looks to her. I showed the pictures to my cousin's boyfriend, and he choose Ashley's picture without gesitation, he was very sure it was the same girl she saw at his room.

Once again, sorry for your lost.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

And it's not weird hearing a story about your sister and you finding solace in that. I would too.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: cdesigns

As an atheist and a huge skeptic, ghost stories are the one thing that makes me think there could be life after death. Its not proof to me but makes me wonder.

new topics

top topics

join