It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Red Cry": A new and explosive documentary on the US genocide against the Lakota nations.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Here I disagree with you in part. Anyone can adapt, this is a fact. Adaptation is not easy, but in order to survive it is necessary. The Lakota as a people are faced with a life where hunting is impossible, therefore, to survive they must adapt.

They must find another way, one that is good for them as a people, and allows their life to be sustainable.

They do not have to BE white, but they have to find their nitch where they are not exploiting themselves, and can make what they have work for them...I think finding that place is easier when they are not facing such extreme measure of prejudice from those who surround them.

This is something that must stop, but I don't think it will stop until they find out how best for them to survive as a people.
edit on 21-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Here I disagree with you in part. Anyone can adapt, this is a fact. Adaptation is not easy, but in order to survive it is necessary. The Lakota as a people are faced with a life where hunting is impossible, therefore, to survive they must adapt.

They must find another way, one that is good for them as a people, and allows their life to be sustainable.

They do not have to BE white, but they have to find their nitch where they are not exploiting themselves, and can make what they have work for them...I think finding that place is easier when they are not facing such extreme measure of prejudice from those who surround them.

This is something that must stop, but I don't think it will stop until they find out how best for them to survive as a people.

You stole their lands, decimated their peoples and cultures, reduced them to second class citizens and now your people treat them worse than dog crap on the side walk. For you to suggest it is they who need to change, that to me is absolutely sickening and a very, very good explanation as to why you are generally hated as a nation around the world.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rollie

I personally did none of the above.

What I am speaking of is life... adaptation is a necessary part of survival. When hunting is bad, you go to other hunting grounds yes? This is adaptation.

Now, the Lakota face the same problem that for millennium humans have faced, looking around them and finding a need to adapt in order to survive.

HOW they are adapting now is making them sick as a people. The only way they have found so far to survive is to either exploit themselves or be something they are not, this would make ANYONE sick.

When white people go to the reservations they see the Natives dance in costume and think ohh my pretty? But does anyone consider how this would hurt a native? Their dances are their prayers, and they are being put on display for people can say ohhh cool.

I would not pray with an audience of people so they could gawk... why should the native? They do so in order to survive... but they MUST find another way... or they will stay sick.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Rollie

I personally did none of the above.

What I am speaking of is life... adaptation is a necessary part of survival. When hunting is bad, you go to other hunting grounds yes? This is adaptation.

Now, the Lakota face the same problem that for millennium humans have faced, looking around them and finding a need to adapt in order to survive.

HOW they are adapting now is making them sick as a people. The only way they have found so far to survive is to either exploit themselves or be something they are not, this would make ANYONE sick.

When white people go to the reservations they see the Natives dance in costume and think ohh my pretty? But does anyone consider how this would hurt a native? Their dances are their prayers, and they are being put on display for people can say ohhh cool.

I would not pray with an audience of people so they could gawk... why should the native? They do so in order to survive... but they MUST find another way... or they will stay sick.

I'm sure you could find a similar way to justify the suffering your country foisted on the Vietnamese so your response is invalid.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rollie

I said nothing to justify suffering. Perhaps you have a difficult time with reading comprehension?

Read my words alone, without reading anything into them. I say nothing between the lines, I am a very blunt person.

It is easier for me to speak, because I know what being hated is like. Yet, there is more hatred for the native american. I know suffering, so it is easy for me to speak, but there is more suffering for a native american.

There are two choices of change. Door one, and door two. Door one is not reasonable, and it is sure to loose presently. That leaves door two.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Rollie

I said nothing to justify suffering. Perhaps you have a difficult time with reading comprehension?

Read my words alone, without reading anything into them. I say nothing between the lines, I am a very blunt person.

Perhaps you have a difficult time with understanding history. Start with the bit where your heinous ancestors holocausted their people and see if you can follow the trail of blame from there.

I'm sure even a US citizen can do that without help. If only your military history was the same.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Rollie

I understand history just fine.

What we need to deal with, is present day... history cannot be changed, only the future can be.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Rollie

I understand history just fine.

What we need to deal with, is present day... history cannot be changed, only the future can be.

Clearly you don't, as you still seem to be exhibiting difficulty with understanding why the natives have to prostitute their culture for your citizenry.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rollie

I understand just fine.

What I am saying, is that there needs to be another way than the present way as it is the exploitation of self, in a demeaning way.

There needs to be a positive way, and new way... on a road not yet traveled.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Rollie

I understand just fine.

What I am saying, is that there needs to be another way than the present way as it is the exploitation of self, in a demeaning way.

How lovely. Such a shame you didn't think that way when you were wiping them out. And yes, it was you. It was your ancestors, the same blood that pulsed through the finger they used to pull the trigger on the women and children, and all the buffaloes, flows through your populace to this day.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Rollie

I pulled no trigger and I killed no one.

Such a shame some people cannot see with clear eyes. Hatred is not good glasses to see through.

The best glasses are the ones which see a positive change that is to the benefit of all who this effects now.

Change is difficult... I know this too.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Rollie

Such a shame some people cannot see with clear eyes. Hatred is not good glasses to see through.

The best glasses are the ones which see a positive change that is to the benefit of all who this effects now.

Change is difficult... I know this too.

Hatred is the opposite of love, and requires the same emotional connection. I do not have love for any aspect of your artificial state whatsoever.

I view you with utter contempt. I look down on you in every way I can find.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Rollie

However you are reaping the benefits of those who did.
edit on 21-1-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rollie

I had a vision, it was of love and unity.

I saw a map, and on this map was every reservation, and people were standing holding hands, from one reservation to another all across the continent, and a circle was formed, unbroken once that chain was complete.

You would be surprised what completes the chain. But you will never see it until your eyes are not full of hatred.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Rollie

I had a vision, it was of love and unity.

I saw a map, and on this map was every reservation, and people were standing holding hands, from one reservation to another all across the continent, and a circle was formed, unbroken once that chain was complete.

You would be surprised what completes the chain. But you will never see it until your eyes are not full of hatred.

As I explained to you earlier before you tried to take up trolling under the guise of some kind of spiritual mumbo-jumbo, I do not reserve hate for you or your people because hate requires the same connection as love. Something I will never, ever, ever have for you.

I suggest you return to the topic.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

halfoldman
reply to post by Metallicus

I'm not giving anyone any advice, but simply sharing my impressions and thoughts.

Yes, I live in South Africa, and it has been democratic since 1994.

Even before then we increased our native population from 4.5 million around 1900 to about 50 million by 1994.
The white and black life expectancy (granted, despite much dire black poverty) was 65 - on Pine Ridge the average male life expectancy is 44.
Although earning more, the white minority in SA was also taxed much higher to develop "the natives", and at least apartheid built hospitals and the best teaching hospitals in Africa.
We once had full employment, and people from other African countries were lining up to work on our mines.
Even apartheid did a better job than you lot, who want to tell everyone else how to live.
You cannot (or don't want to) even take care of a native minority of 50 000 people.

Yes we have a lot of poverty, but also a growing middle class.

And that's exactly why the documentary shocked me, because South Africa has been cast as terribly poor (with masses of Africa's poor streaming in constantly), but after seeing this I don't think we are that poor after all.

It has shattered my illusions on the United States.

edit on 21-1-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

Defending apartheid? Now that will lead into an interesting discussion.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Rollie

OpinionatedB
reply to post by Rollie

I understand just fine.

How lovely. Such a shame you didn't think that way when you were wiping them out. And yes, it was you. It was your ancestors, the same blood that pulsed through the finger they used to pull the trigger on the women and children, and all the buffaloes, flows through your populace to this day.

Oh, nonsense. Give us your ancestral background and I bet I can find a time where your ancestors abused someone else's ancestors. Your hypocritical hysterical faux outrage notwithstanding.

A lot of # happened in the past. It is illogical to blame someone for something that happened a hundred years ago to people long dead by people long dead.

For the people living in the here and now, logical and reasonable solutions must be considered.

The reservation system must be done away with, IMHO. When you are dependent on a system, you are vulnerable to abuse from that system.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Funny how we don't get to choose our parents. What we can choose is who we are, and how we deal with what is around us.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Thank you for the video.. Some of the stuff I was aware of... The whole broken Indian treaty thing just goes to show the government spoke with a forked tongue.

Indigence populations from Canada to the tip of south America have not faired well at the hands of the conquerors; not in the beginning, middle, or present day. It would seem that looking at the history of any continent those who did not or could not assimilate to the customs and rules of the then TPTB have never faired well..

If I had been borne an Indian I would have rather died fighting in some long forgotten battle than to have to put up with the corruption and broken treaties they face even today.. If one takes a look at all the Indians slaughtered in the 80s/90s in places like Guatemala and many other South American countries the life of an indigence soul has been one of death and destruction the world over. Those who adapt and are strong survive; welcome to the way it has been if history is read.

Watch the sun dance of a Native American or look at how it is done and you will find their religion is every bit as strong in their minds as any on the planet... When the famous Apache warrior Geronimo (not same as lakota Sioux ) was fighting the Calvary (and was actually very successful for a time) he only had 23 warriors... Amazing. He died an old man in Oklahoma...

Geronimo (Mescalero-Chiricahua: Goyaałé [kòjàːɬɛ́] "one who yawns"; June 1829 – February 17, 1909) was a prominent leader of the Bedonkohe Apache who fought against Mexico and the United States for their expansion into Apache tribal lands for several decades during the Apache Wars. "Geronimo" was the name given to him during a battle with Mexican soldiers. Geronimo's Chiricahua name is often rendered as Goyathlay or Goyahkla in English.

After a Mexican attack on his tribe, where soldiers killed his mother, wife, and his three children in 1851, Geronimo joined a number of revenge attacks against the Mexicans. During his career as a war chief, he was notorious for consistently leading raids upon Mexican provinces and towns, and later against Anglo settlements across Arizona, New Mexico and Western Texas.

In 1886, Geronimo surrendered to US authorities after a lengthy pursuit as a prisoner of war. At an old age, he became a celebrity; appearing in fairs but was never allowed to return to the land of his birth. He later regretted his surrender and claimed that the US government had broken promises it made to secure his surrender. Geronimo died in 1909 from complications of pneumonia at Fort Sill, Oklahoma.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by alldaylong

Funny how we don't get to choose our parents. What we can choose is who we are, and how we deal with what is around us.

That is correct.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join