It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass graves filled with napalm-charred bodies of victims of Phantom Fury

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Sunday 21 November 2004 - Residents of neighbouring Saqlawiya village have told Aljazeera that they helped bury the bodies of 73 women and children who were burned beyond recognition.

"We buried them here, but we could not identify them because they were charred by the use of napalm bombs used by the Americans," said one Saqlawiya resident in footage aired on Sunday.

There have been no reports of the US military using napalm in Falluja and no independent verification of the above statements.

It remains unclear how the women and children were killed.

www.uruknet.info...

I remember the hype among Bush-supporters about Saddam's mass graves. Less hyped now ?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
And despite this mention:

There have been no reports of the US military using napalm in Falluja and no independent verification of the above statements.

You then counter with:

I remember the hype among Bush-supporters about Saddam's mass graves. Less hyped now ?

Answer: Ummm, no!
Why: Because what you present hasn't been made 'fact', whereas, Saddam's mass graves have.
Please keep us up-to-date on any new confirmed information on this.

seekerof

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The US was accused of using Napalm at the start of the war but that was denied.
They did mention the US of 'Mark 77 firebombs' which are similar to Napalm.
I haven't heard any reports they were used in the assault on Fallujah.

San Diego Tribune (Aug 05 2003)
During the war, Pentagon spokesmen disputed reports that napalm was being used, saying the Pentagon's stockpile had been destroyed two years ago.

Apparently the spokesmen were drawing a distinction between the terms "firebomb" and "napalm." If reporters had asked about firebombs, officials said yesterday they would have confirmed their use.

What the Marines dropped, the spokesmen said yesterday, were "Mark 77 firebombs." They acknowledged those are incendiary devices with a function "remarkably similar" to napalm weapons.

Rather than using gasoline and benzene as the fuel, the firebombs use kerosene-based jet fuel, which has a smaller concentration of benzene.

There were reports of phosphorus shells called 'Tall Boys' being used in Fallujah which can burn through metal bunkers. It's possible they could have burned the bodies like it was mentioned in the article but I doubt the number of civilians killed in that manner is that high.

Fox News, Nov 09 2004, Fallujah assault (streaming media)

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

More than 400 detainees have since been released after being deemed to be non-combatants," the military said, adding than 100 more were due to be released on Sunday.

This quote from the same story was encouraging. At least they are taking the time to make an effort to determine if someone is an insurgent and not just lining everyone up against the wall. Seems to me this report (in Al Jazeera no less!) would tend to refute the reports of 'heartless cruelty' posed by some.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I don't believe that Nepal was use in Fallujah, but I do believe is a lot of civilians "casualties" from the assault in the city.

Now I wonder about the mass graves, I have been asking around about that, if we have so many bodies from insurgents and civilians, what they are going to do with them?

Is the US digging mass graves to bury them? or is the US allowing identification of the bodies? or are the bodies to deteriorated by the way they die that they can not be identify.

Can somebody answer all these? or the human lost in Iraq is of not consequence.

I feel very sad to find out that most of these "casualties" of liberation are going to be relegated to a sandy grave in the desert just because liberation comes with a prices.

What a pity.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
...smells like victory!

Only 73 terrorists killed? Somebody should lose a stripe over this. In an urban area, we should be getting at least 200 women and children from each drop. Outrageous!

Also, I hear that our troops are letting too many terrorists get away. Remember, when you're shooting a machinegun out the door of a helicopter, there are two kinds of Iraqis:

The ones that run are terrorists. The ones that stand still are well-disciplined terrorists.

[edit on 11/21/2004 by Majic]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If they couldn't identify them, then they can't prove that they weren't insurgents. If the bodies even existed (which I doubt), they were obviously killed in self defense.

Women can be killers and I'm pretty sure that there are Islamic midgets, too. The little ones don't have to babies, they could be squads of dwarf islamic insurgents. They're very dangerous you know.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
...smells like victory!

Only 73 terrorists killed? Somebody should lose a stripe over this. In an urban area, we should be getting at least 200 women and children from each drop. Outrageous!

The ones that run are terrorists. The ones that stand still are well-disciplined terrorists.
.[edit on 11/21/2004 by Majic]

Its nice to make fun of Insurgents death but it seems to me that nobody cares about the "inocent" casualties death, children and women together with insurgents death bodies is easier to tag all of them "insurgents" that making sure that the inocent casualties for freedom get their do respect.

This war is starting to smell nasty everyday. And then some wonder this people in iraq is fighting US when all US wants is to liberated them.

Things like this should make any person think about what kind of liberation is US performing in Iraq.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
...smells like victory!

Smells like a heartless monger to me, who would gladly shoot down civilians just for the heck of it.

Surf

[edit on 11/21/2004 by surfup]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
ITS NICE TO MAKE FUN OF INSURGENTS DEATHS?!?!??!
where do we live that this is an acceptable viewpoint
it is this blindness and denial of self that allows injustice
to hold the scales in this age of ignorance.
we are liberating them alright,out of theirhomes, history,
and lives.

top topics

join