It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could what you are looking for be Potential?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I wanted to share some thoughts I have had recently that have been inspired by the participants of ATS.
Lately there has been some very interesting subject matter coming to light, some very serious "pieces of the puzzle" floating around in close proximity to one another.

I suppose this is always the case though and it is my own unique perspective that I am observing with, so what is a 'piece' for me is not necessarily for another but I digress

There has been a lot of interesting thoughts relating to intelligent design and it is clear that what people seek is the source of everything. How can it be quantified?
I think many people are starting to become aware of the similarities between the micro and macro observations of the Universe and it has become at least clear to me that the only way to quantify the source is simply "Potential".
The more I study the micro effect, the more it become apparent there is not much here, but what is here can exist because it has an opposite counterpart, something that is quite literally an equal but opposing "force".
I believe consciousness is able to move between these forces but the awareness point is the physical reality we are located in. Consciousness is the 'potential', the ability to craft something from both 'forces' (nothing), both the medium and intent but located in between

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Everything is potential because every action will have a reaction and every reaction in turn creates a reaction of its own. Time is potential because we are always moving forward and motion always equals potential.

In reality all actions and reactions are the same thing only tranformed by this ever expanding potential. Are big and small really opposites or are they just different points on the same scale? Nothing has an "opposite", it's only this change in potential on this one scale that we see as opposite or opposing. Duality is only an illusion, everything is One, everything is a part of the one scale, only different facets of it.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. That was like poetry in motion

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The potential to be good, the potential to be bad, the potential to be great, the potential to become a failure.

All that people see now is only the potential to fail. Never what they might achieve if they try at whatever it is they fear they will fail at.
The whole world we live in is made up of potential. The potential that we would kill and betray another or the potential we will help everyone we know in someway.

Just like the universe we live in nothing is ever a certainty even when it comes to potential

Now do you have the potential to read this?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

blueyezblkdragon
The potential to be good, the potential to be bad, the potential to be great, the potential to become a failure.

All that people see now is only the potential to fail. Never what they might achieve if they try at whatever it is they fear they will fail at.
The whole world we live in is made up of potential. The potential that we would kill and betray another or the potential we will help everyone we know in someway.

Just like the universe we live in nothing is ever a certainty even when it comes to potential

Now do you have the potential to read this?

That is the thing about potential is it not. It is nothing until it becomes something.
Thank you for sharing some wisdom that everyone has the 'potential' to determine

People will forever be chasing their 'tale', never really certain of where the start begins or ends, if there is even such a thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
the only thing i'm looking for is an "herbal" supplement that when properly prepared and placed in some form of atomzer or heat gun,, and inhaled in the human lugs, produces a sense of bliss, a healthy appetite, an expanded appreciation of what a groovy Universe we live in, and a complete disregard for law enforcement and government officials anywhere in the known Universal. Also, on that would get Gort really hammered andin the mood for a trip to denny's for some killer cheese burgers and the chance to plan the annihilation of the worst resteraunt in the known universe. I=HOP !

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tencap77

LOL that sounds pretty cool

I am quite fond of that cycle myself

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I have been looking at neurological chemicals, what they do, and how they play a part in human consciousness.

When we say that we are all different, it is completely described by natural neurological chemicals being produced in our mind. Our consciousness is literally like a galaxy, or even a universe, because our consciousness has as many 'stars' inside of it as there are stars inside the galaxy, and also as many galaxies there are inside the universe. These stars in our mind are called neurons. Thankfully we can grasp the concept through the midst of this large galaxy because there are comparatively a small number of transmitter chemicals that are being produced, and even through that many we can narrow down only 3 chemicals that are very active in earth beings. That is Serotonin, Epinephrine, and Dopamine. Now the reason why we can have three important chemicals and more than 6 billion personalities on earth is because the neurons that receive these chemicals have sub types, which can be confusing at first but when understood they essentially explain all different personalities.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

greyer
I have been looking at neurological chemicals, what they do, and how they play a part in human consciousness.

When we say that we are all different, it is completely described by natural neurological chemicals being produced in our mind. Our consciousness is literally like a galaxy, or even a universe, because our consciousness has as many 'stars' inside of it as there are stars inside the galaxy, and also as many galaxies there are inside the universe. These stars in our mind are called neurons. Thankfully we can grasp the concept through the midst of this large galaxy because there are comparatively a small number of transmitter chemicals that are being produced, and even through that many we can narrow down only 3 chemicals that are very active in earth beings. That is Serotonin, Epinephrine, and Dopamine. Now the reason why we can have three important chemicals and more than 6 billion personalities on earth is because the neurons that receive these chemicals have sub types, which can be confusing at first but when understood they essentially explain all different personalities.

I think you just handed me a more than a few hours worth of information once I unravel it. Thank you, this is very interesting.
If you would like to share some more of your thoughts they would be welcome, or if you have a post to redirect me to I would appreciate very much.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

Hey thanks for the feedback. I was pretty abstract but there may be a connection here. In that our mind resembles the universe surprisingly.

Here is a picture detailing a neuron. This is an astonishment, because it shows the compelling fact again that nature exists in extremely small and microscopic ways which seem almost impossible, and yet they mimic the large tremendous ways of cosmic existence, seemingly magical. We have a large physical organization of planets and stars on a miraculous level, and yet we have the same type of miraculous realities even at the molecular level.

Here is a real picture of an animal neuron.

Now here is a produced image from the last decade with the best technology we have, of the early universe before the galaxies expanded out into space.

Everything has an answer in the molecular level. Every aspect of our conscious state is derived from the creation of neurological chemicals, like microscopic bursts of electricity filled with a special substance. Dopamine will give the feeling of well being, without this chemical there would be a lack of drive or motivation, different than Epinephrine which is pure energy. Serotonin is the happy chemical, it can be produced from protein and potassium combined together. GABA is the chemical which slows down the mind's electrical impulses. These all are interchangeable, to different degrees, and are also based on past experiences besides genes. They also have subtypes which together will have a specific reaction that causes a certain process within the mind. When people have inspirations, the thought of the action will produce Dopamine, the subtypes (called opioid receptors simply because scientists found the poppy to have a component which is the best known substance to induce Dopamine) will determine the route and direction in how to accomplish the action, and as many as they are the neuro chemicals and subtypes together will define the conscious personality as a whole.

join