It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elder Scrolls Online

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
Can some people give a brief of how they found the beta. Im comsidering buying this, I have always felt let down since wow. what can replace wow?

elderscrollsonline.com...
edit on 8-2-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I played lots the other week in the beta weekend and to be honest I wasn't overly impressed.
The combat didn't feel like the elder scrolls, arrows didn't stick into my shield and I found it all a bit dull.
Sorry but I will not be spending 40 quid plus a subscription on this...I will wait till it is free to play...or at least when they drop the subscription.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

boymonkey74
I played lots the other week in the beta weekend and to be honest I wasn't overly impressed.
The combat didn't feel like the elder scrolls, arrows didn't stick into my shield and I found it all a bit dull.
Sorry but I will not be spending 40 quid plus a subscription on this...I will wait till it is free to play...or at least when they drop the subscription.

It's not ES VI, I don't know why people keep complaining that the game is not ES VI .. it's an MMO. If you want Skyrim 2 look elsewhere. If you want an MMO and like the ES series this is a good MMO.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Well, I just started watching the PVP videos coming out, and now Im thinking the game looks pretty awesome.

Seems like a lot of reviewers are saying the PVP held back their original doubts.

Since I posted AngryJoes first impressions, I'll post new review after he played PVP. (He basically just says PVP is awesome and has a bunch of gameplay in the video.)

The battle between all 3 factions around 17:00 looks amazing. Isnt there 2,000 players allowed per server map on PVP to? That's quite a battle.

edit on 15-2-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

The PVP is awesome. Even people who have never liked PVP and never did it in other games have commented on loving it.

I would say more but NDA prohibits it.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

The PVP is awesome. Even people who have never liked PVP and never did it in other games have commented on loving it.

If I do end up getting ESO when it first comes out, PVP is what I would be playing for a long time over the PVE. Im glad their able to support a couple thousand people per server, and after watching more videos, it seems they did pretty well with managing lag and the huge number of players on screen all at once. Giant battles are by far my favorite thing about multiplayer games. (I play Battlefield 4 and love how there can be 64 players in some modes, vs Call of Duty, which is a series Ive already gave up on).

The only downsides to the PVP mode, atleast from what Ive been watching today, is the long length of travel from keep to keep. Maybe it seems a bit boring traveling, since it is only the beta version, and will have much more to do once a ton of players hop on after launch day.

The other problem Im hearing, is that you can only have 1 weapon while you're playing PVP. The weapon you start with is the weapon youll have the entire time. In previous ES games, 99% of the time I used a one handed sword and a bow. If im just stuck with only one of those, it may get a bit boring. Again, it's still beta so the final release may be different.

Other than those 2 downsides, the rest looks amazing. Again, Im really impressed on how well they seemed to have managed lag with the huge number of players on screen. Quite an achievement IMO

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Good question. Whilst i thoroughly enjoyed Skyrim, and been too busy to get back into it, ATS right !?! lawl, i had strong expectations for ESO. To hear that the developers have slapped a monthly subscription onto the game, considering that i thought the lack of one a redeeming quality, well, until i've seen it played, and heard a greater range of reviews, they've lost my vote.

Cheers for asking though; Skyrim will always be one of my favorite games, well and above Dragon age. Mass Effect 1, 2 & 3 were some really enjoyable games. Why didn't they create a Mass effect universe, playable to some thing like Eve?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

buni11687

If I do end up getting ESO when it first comes out, PVP is what I would be playing for a long time over the PVE. Im glad their able to support a couple thousand people per server, and after watching more videos, it seems they did pretty well with managing lag and the huge number of players on screen all at once. Giant battles are by far my favorite thing about multiplayer games. (I play Battlefield 4 and love how there can be 64 players in some modes, vs Call of Duty, which is a series Ive already gave up on).

The only downsides to the PVP mode, atleast from what Ive been watching today, is the long length of travel from keep to keep. Maybe it seems a bit boring traveling, since it is only the beta version, and will have much more to do once a ton of players hop on after launch day.

Well when defending you can initially spawn at the castle. The run time is to make death meaningful. If everyone respawned close by then nothing would ever happen, it would just be a zerg fest with no one ever winning. The run really isn't that bad.

The other problem Im hearing, is that you can only have 1 weapon while you're playing PVP. The weapon you start with is the weapon youll have the entire time. In previous ES games, 99% of the time I used a one handed sword and a bow. If im just stuck with only one of those, it may get a bit boring. Again, it's still beta so the final release may be different.

100% false. You can have 2 weapons that you can switch between, each with their own set of 5 skills and 1 ultimate. My preference in pvp is healing staff with all healing abilities, and then sword and shield with damage spells and melee spells.

My preferred for PVP is dropping Rune, which makes my armor and resist higher than heavy armor while wearing light armor (but its a small area of effect), then dropping Purify ritual which increases my healing power by 30% to all allies in area, then spamming my AE heal. I can do this for hours with never running out of mana, and I can take insane amounts of focus fire with never dying. Someone requested I make a video for Youtube after watching me in action this weekend I just might do it.

I use almost all templar skills.

Other than those 2 downsides, the rest looks amazing. Again, Im really impressed on how well they seemed to have managed lag with the huge number of players on screen. Quite an achievement IMO

So far my lag has been very minimal as well.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

100% false. You can have 2 weapons that you can switch between, each with their own set of 5 skills and 1 ultimate.

That's good to hear. I guess the videos I was watching had some bugs or bad info in them. Im fine with just 2 weapons to choose from in PVP, rather than a whole bag of like 50 different swords to choose from like in Skyrim.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Well there are weapon sets ..

You can go...
1h and shield
dual wield
2h
Bow
Destruction staff
Restoration staff

Each weapon set has skills attached to it. So 2h sword and 2h axe both have same skills.

You can get the skills for most (or all) of the weapon sets .. but IN COMBAT you can only switch between the two weapons you have equipped. You can't change gear, or skills.

So bar 1 I have my resto staff and all my healing skills. If I had to do damage, I would have to switch to my 2nd weapon that has my damage skills on it, and my stuns. I can of course place the same healing skills on the 2nd bar as well.

It takes about .5 a second to switch weapons.
edit on 18-2-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Has anybody else been getting "beta session offline" yesterday/today? I see Zenimax/Bethesda lifted the beta NDA on 2/15/14 but haven't tried to login since the stress test a week and a half ago. Anybody else having problems logging in? Is the beta over until release or is it just offline for a time? Any info would be appreciated.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by thov420

The beta is currently over, and they said theyd have 1 or 2 more betas before full release

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

thov420
Has anybody else been getting "beta session offline" yesterday/today? I see Zenimax/Bethesda lifted the beta NDA on 2/15/14 but haven't tried to login since the stress test a week and a half ago. Anybody else having problems logging in? Is the beta over until release or is it just offline for a time? Any info would be appreciated.

The last beta ended. There will be more. Unfortunately my NDA wasn't lifted
I am only able to talk about parts of the game.

There will be an open Beta too I am sure.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Yea I just received another beta invite for this weekend. I can't wait. I'm only lvl 7 and want to get more into the PVP stuff to see if I'm gonna shell out $60+subscription for it. That requires lvl 10 if I remember correctly. The email even contained a beta invite code for a friend so if anybody wants to give it a try PM me.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Another Beta invite went out for this weekend
I think I'm gonna pre order tomorrow

ETA: Oh, there is NO NDA so youtubers film to your hearts content!!!
edit on 2/26/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

HomerinNC
Another Beta invite went out for this weekend
I think I'm gonna pre order tomorrow

ETA: Oh, there is NO NDA so youtubers film to your hearts content!!!
edit on 2/26/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

Yes I'm under NDA
Beta weekend isn't though so definitely film some PvP and put it up. I have to work again this weekend worst luck ever.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   

How are you under beta NDA still? According to the ESO launcher, the beta NDA was lifted 2/14/14. Anyways if any ATS members wanna try it out, I still have that beta key.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

thov420

How are you under beta NDA still? According to the ESO launcher, the beta NDA was lifted 2/14/14. Anyways if any ATS members wanna try it out, I still have that beta key.

Not all beta's are the same .. I am under a different NDA. I can only speak on things up to level 17. Let's just say my access goes quite a bit beyond that.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
well, if anyone wants a key, I have one if youre interested, but you gotta play ebonhart pact

(just joking about the last part, but I will give the key to the first person that u2u's me)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I guess no one wants my beta key.... If you do just U2U me and I'll gladly give it to you!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join