It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elder Scrolls Online

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

hum yeah wtf? I mean if I choose a Realm because I like it and I want to be associated to it, I don't understand how the DEV thinks that it's a good idea?! I'm really disapointed about this :/

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Keradith

Me too. I think the best option is to make it so that guilds have to choose a faction to support, and anyone in that guild will play under that faction in Cyrodil. It would solve so many problems I think.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Nah they must do it old school, you choose your realm and deal with it, I think in mmo there's too much improvement made to simplify the gameplay(LFG finder, teleportation to dungeon,server switch,realm switch with $ etc.)

I think that the real definition of a MMO isn't

''it's hard because you have to farm 10 hours for f**** reputation points''

But this:

''it's hard because you have to travel 10 minutes on your mount in a RvR Zone to get to the Dungeon and it's hard to get endgame OP stuff because of the drop rate is low and the difficulty of the last boss wich could be killed only by a structured group.''

Sadly,this type of MMORPG is rare.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Oh I agree, but unfortunately guilds are all biracial. All 3 factions can join the same guilds. That was their solution to make guilds account based rather than character based. I would prefer you being stuck with just 1 faction, especially since you actually end up playing the entire zones of the other 2 factions anyways. So you don't actually miss out on anything by sticking to 1 faction.

The game itself I love .. the way they are letting all factions join the same guilds I am not a fan of.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

The game itself I love .. the way they are letting all factions join the same guilds I am not a fan of.

Same here, they did like Rift

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I did just have a blast trying to take some keeps though. We spent 30 minutes sieging it .. and right when victory was ours .. the 3rd faction came in and killed us and took the keep.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Hehe welcome in 1V1V1 RvR system

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Awolscout
TESO is going to flop so hard it isn't even funny. Like there's a reason why the bulk of beta testers have lost complete interest in the game and have suggested that Zenimax go back to the drawing board and redo it completely from the ground up. It's kinda sad really, but just run far, far away from it.

I was super super excited for ESO, but my faith in it is dwindling rapidly.

A good amount of media reviews have came out within the past couple days, and they're mostly echoing what you said. (Media was allowed to release their own limited footage the other day) This game is going to be VERY VERY hard to sell with a monthly sub. fee. The only thing that "may" revive the "want" to actually pay a monthly sub., is when they release the PVP and let the media give their take on it. I personally don't have much hope for ESO after what Ive heard.

Here's a couple of youtube video reviews from channels that I generally agree with on their reviews of games. (Angry Joe is by far my favorite youtube video game reviewer. I agree with 99.9% of his opinions on game reviews).

If the game didnt require a monthly sub., then I would buy this right on launch day. Unfortunantly at the moment, it's monthly sub., and if all the developers do from now to launch day (about 2 months, and that's really a very small amount of time left) is just do a little polish up the graphics, animations, etc.... I wont buy it, and this will completely FLOP and will have to go free-to-play if they actually want the game to sell.

ETA - My views are coming from the Elder Scrolls fanbase, not from someone who is hardcore into a bunch of MMO's. Skyrim blew me away, and rate that as one of the best games ever made. Oblivion also blew my mind away. I don't play WoW n stuff.

edit on 8-2-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

For the most part the reviews I have read basically say "I love Skyrim and ESO is not Skyrim 2 so I don't like it".
Let me read Angry Joe. Btw. It's a beta weekend, go to Curse.com for a beta key my email said.

ETA: NVM it's 24 min. I don't have time for it. If there any points Joe makes you want to share I will give you my take on it.

If you do NOT like the idea of an MMO, you won't like ESO. It's not Skyrim 2, it's an MMO. If you DO like the idea of an MMO, you will probably enjoy ESO.
edit on 8-2-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Angry Joe basically says - if the game didn't require a $15 a month sub, it would be one of the best MMO's out there. It's a slightly lowered Skyrim, with a large multiplayer. Unfortunately, with the $15 monthly sub., it makes it fall down to the "general/nothing too awesome" category of pay to play MMO's. It doesn't warrant a $180 a year in sub. fees, in addition to the $60 to buy the game. $240 for a video game (in 1 year) is an insane price.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

That I can agree with. I think in better economic times ...

With that said, when you think about it .. what else can you do that only costs $15 a month. So for time spent enjoying / $ spent .. it's hard to beat.

I have played the F2P options, ESO blows them away. In fact, despite it being beta, with some very annoying bugs, I have played it longer than any of the F2P options.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

For me, it's just really the amount of money it takes to play the game. Even though I love how in depth the previous Elder Scrolls games were, and although ESO has scaled that down and substituted that for multiplayer, I would still play it and probably love it. That is, if I had plenty of disposable cash.

If the monthly sub. was something cheaper like $5, then I would definitely buy ESO (that is, waiting after a month or 2 to work out the launch bugs). The $15 a month just builds up to too much over the long run.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I can't disagree. I would only play it if my Fiance were to play with me. But that is true with or without the sub I suppose. I definitely see the sub being a pain .. but then again, what else will give you the same amount of enjoyment per month for $15?

ETA: Let's say you buy 10 games a year. That's $600. Let's say because of ESO you only buy 5. That's $300 plus the $180 sub fee for a total of $480.

So while a lot of that goes to ESO, your total expenditure is down. That won't be true for everyone, but very few games can be played for the total hours an MMO can. Thus they cost more, but in the end they cost less than if your time went into other games.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

I can't disagree. I would only play it if my Fiance were to play with me. But that is true with or without the sub I suppose. I definitely see the sub being a pain .. but then again, what else will give you the same amount of enjoyment per month for $15?

ETA: Let's say you buy 10 games a year. That's $600. Let's say because of ESO you only buy 5. That's $300 plus the $180 sub fee for a total of $480.

So while a lot of that goes to ESO, your total expenditure is down. That won't be true for everyone, but very few games can be played for the total hours an MMO can. Thus they cost more, but in the end they cost less than if your time went into other games.

I would love to have a bunch of friends all jump in at once. We all start playing at generally the same time, and now we have our own crew out there wrecking shop. All of us progressing in a game together. That's an awesome experience, especially if it's friends/family that you actually know (outside of the internet).

As for the amount of games I buy per year, it's generally around 5, but that was for PS3. Im probably going to follow the same route on my PS4. I do have a PC but I only use that for the "Total War" games, and genre like that, I don't include those expenses in regards to this.

That being said, there's only a few games coming out in 2014 for PS4 that I know I will buy, or atleast currently plan on purchasing. Watch Dogs, Thief, the new Metal Gear, and that new zombie game, "Dying Light?". (And those really depend on the reviews I hear about them. Im assuming 1 or 2 of those have a possibility of being a fail). If ESO wants me to pay $15 a month, then I really hope they make giant leaps and bounds within the next few months before release for me to justify the fee. The games I listed are pretty much single player, and those I assume will take up a limited amount of time. With ESO being an unlimited amount of time for gameplay, I have to be really really impressed to pay that fee, since other games will take up "x" amount of gameplay time.

ETA - Basically, I have for example 100 hours (just a simple random number, not the actual amount of time played per year) per year of time to play video games. I'll spend $240 on the single player games (assuming just 1 from above gets really horrible reviews and I don't buy it), then another $240 for ESO, (over the counter for disk + sub fee). I want ESO to keep my interest and take up atleast half of my time spent playing video games that year, with the amount of money being spent.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Yes, if I had people I knew playing I would be tempted with ESO. Right now .. it's a big if.

Anyways you can get a beta key, go to Curse.com

Beta runs until midnight Monday night.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I really wanted to like this game, I really did...

BUT...

I've been spoilt over the years. I started out with Ultima Online when it first launched and most of the games thereafter and after playing this Beta it has become very obvious that mmo's have been dumbed down.
The thing is you see, when I have a hero, I see a monster, it sees me... I draw my sword, ready myself, nervous anticipation grows.. how strong is it, how does it fight... ARGH!! No time to think, here it comes...
A bloody struggle of life and death begins, argh it hit me pretty strong, ok think again, plan a strategy... It's hit me again!!

Ok, I can do this... this is personal now..

PHTOOM PHTOOM!!

What? Wait?

The two idiots casually walking past just fireballed my nemesis, taking with it any feeling of satisfaction or joy, there goes my chance to learn how to play my paticular class. Not only that, they just looted the chest the monster was guarding whilst I was fightig for it.

Yeah.. I've been spoilt over the years as games have been dumbed down.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm playing the beta this weekend.

Since the LAST update from the previous BETA things are even better.

I'm 100% supportive of this direction for MMO purposes.

The crafting is ridiculous.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Sigh wish I could jump in with you, I'm working 12 hour shifts this weekend

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Anyone want a beta key?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Can some people give a brief of how they found the beta. Im comsidering buying this, I have always felt let down since wow. what can replace wow?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join