The Elder Scrolls Online

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Having played the beta (which I can't talk about yet) I am really excited about this game. It has flaws, and a few things I don't like, and a few mechanics I am not sold on as of yet, but overall I love the feel of the game, and the way it plays, and the way you are immersed in the game rather than looking for the next quest for XP.

Anyone else plan on playing?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

$14.99 monthly subscription fee

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   

MadHatter364

$14.99 monthly subscription fee

Hey so when does it come out? Is it for PC? Xbox 360? Xbox One? How do I get beta? Is the beta reset?

It looks like April 4, 2014 for PC and June 2014 for Xbox One... at least I'll be able to afford it by then...
edit on 21amTue, 21 Jan 2014 02:01:34 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
they should float it with a life time VIP deal

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

next 2 months or so and it covers PC,one and PS4

link   
I also played the beta..

Yea, a lot to like and hate about the game, but just like any MMORPG it's going to end up being dumbed down for the kiddies. Especially when and if they introduce PVP.

I've been burnt out on MMORPG's for the last year, and especially when a group I got in good with turned out to be a bunch of back-stabbing punks.

I might play ESO, it could be a nice change, but, yea, lots of little things in this one. I dunno if I wanna invest in another one tho. Getting too old to wanna deal with the drama. Tho, trying to make new friends IRL seems to be like playing an MMO..

Art imitates life, and vise-versa.

I'm still enjoying skyrim. At least there, ~ console "Kill" works to fix my stress, as a last resort. LMAO.

4-4-14 will be interesting for sure.. I'd like to play longer than a day or two to check it out, and decide..

link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

I think I might pay an extra $60 for a lifetime pass on that game. I have a tendency to play that series a lot.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I was hoping to get a beta key to check it out as im getting tired of the grind in MMO i currently play, i payed around $150- for 12months so i would pay it for ESO if it was better than the one I'm with now.
edit on 21-1-2014 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Would never buy anything I did not beta test. I have been burned a couple of times. Really ticks me off to throw away money. MMORPG's are like. Give us your money and see if you want to buy this. Sorry that's not how it works. So I only buy games that have trials or I can torrent then buy. If I am not mistaken you have to get off of your horse in that game to engage in combat. That's when I uninstalled the single player.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04
Having played the beta (which I can't talk about yet) I am really excited about this game. It has flaws, and a few things I don't like, and a few mechanics I am not sold on as of yet, but overall I love the feel of the game, and the way it plays, and the way you are immersed in the game rather than looking for the next quest for XP.

I saw the exhibition last year for it. They walked you through the ins and outs of the game but I wasn't too impressed. It showed nothing new in terms of an MMO infact appeared to back pedal some what. It's also not cross platform, meaning PC/MAC players are on PC/MAC servers, PS4 players on PS4 servers and xbox1 players on xbox1 servers.

They need to manage it correctly otherwise they could end up having their subscribers spread thinly across all 3 leaving game worlds not very populated.

I think the PC version will be most popular and fans of the elder scrolls series will almost certainly buy. I am a fan im still playing Skyrim but I dont think ESO warrants my £9/month.

My MMO experience is probably limited compared to some. I started with Final Fantasy 11 over a decade ago, played it for about a year. I played WoW for many years but it became tiresome and since de-activating my account 2 years ago I tried GW2 and the old republic but neither were as good. I'm looking for something new and revolutionary unfortunately I dont see it in ESO

Wish I did because I had high hopes for it
edit on 21-1-2014 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I don't think I'll play it, for multiple reasons.

1. $14.99/month fee. I know why they want to charge for it, but with so many great f2p games out there(that aren't all p2win), it's hard to want to pay a subscription. The game will have to be REALLY good to warrant it.

2. I didn't ask for this game. I know, that makes me sound like an entitled brat, but I really didn't. I always wanted a multiplayer Elder Scrolls game, sure. I love playing coop games with my wife. But I didn't want an MMO version of Elder Scrolls. Like, if we could coop Skyrim, that would be awesome! I don't want a game where there's too many people running around. Granted, with how they're doing the server, I don't think it'll be too over-crowded. But still, I always wanted a multiplayer one, not a MMO one.

3. Mods. I always mod my Elder Scrolls game. In a lot of ways, I feel like you have to. Bethesda makes great games, but they're always buggy as hell, and need many, MANY improvements(opinion). So if this one is online, will modding be allowed for it?? Will I be able to mod the water, the sky, the details in the grass?? Will I be able to change the character models to be better looking than they were?? Will I be able to add costumes, customize things how I like it, add my own home, or any of that stuff that I've been allowed to do in all Elder Scrolls/Fallout games?? Probably not, because it's all online, and competitive now.

4. This one ties in with 3. With no modding, means everyone will just have to deal with all of Bethesda's bugs. No more unofficial patches that not only fix, but improve the game.

So yeah, with those 4 points there, I don't see myself getting into ESO. For those of you that do play, I hope you have a lot of fun.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
TESO is going to flop so hard it isn't even funny. Like there's a reason why the bulk of beta testers have lost complete interest in the game and have suggested that Zenimax go back to the drawing board and redo it completely from the ground up. It's kinda sad really, but just run far, far away from it.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04

Having played the beta and MMORPG for the very first time, I can definitely say that I'm never going to play MMORPG again.

ESO might be a valid sequal to Skyrim, but I find it far from immersive.

Loads of players swarming the countryside, standing still while they presumably read up on something or rearrange stuff.
Loads of players swarming around crouching, jumping, running, walking. Not interacting one bit. A few I tried to contact to help me out on a specific problem simply left or gave rude remarks.
It seems that most MMORPG'rs are content with themselves and their group.

Immersive? I think not.

Great game if you look at scenery and coming from Skyrim mede it kind of easy to grasp most of what went on. Only parts of the MMORPG side of the game eluded me.

I'm sure I would play if I could get a sand box with no other players in it. Pure me and NPC's.
That would be good.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

It comes out for PC and consoles .. they play on different servers (as PC players would have a huge advantage over console players).

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Cygnis
I also played the beta..

Yea, a lot to like and hate about the game, but just like any MMORPG it's going to end up being dumbed down for the kiddies. Especially when and if they introduce PVP.

There are new PVP videos you can check out. It's a lot like DAoC for pvp.

I've been burnt out on MMORPG's for the last year, and especially when a group I got in good with turned out to be a bunch of back-stabbing punks.

I might play ESO, it could be a nice change, but, yea, lots of little things in this one. I dunno if I wanna invest in another one tho. Getting too old to wanna deal with the drama. Tho, trying to make new friends IRL seems to be like playing an MMO..

I only have a few issues not lots.
Art imitates life, and vise-versa.

I'm still enjoying skyrim. At least there, ~ console "Kill" works to fix my stress, as a last resort. LMAO.

4-4-14 will be interesting for sure.. I'd like to play longer than a day or two to check it out, and decide..

I am sure there will be an open beta, check it out ... and I have played for a lot longer than a few days, I can't really say anything else though even naming the beta I am in breaks NDA.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I played the beta.

I was against the game until I did.

The 14.99 price point is WELL worth it folks.

No really.

Take my word for it. I would NEVER pay for a sub game.

ESO is incredible.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

What do you think they back pedaled on? You do realize that was a very early release. In fact crafting just got a complete rework .. and so far I love the crafting more than any other MMO I have seen by far.

PC and consoles can't play together, PC players would win every time with = skill levels, it would be completely unfair to anyone on a console.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

The crafting is amazing. The variety available is almost unheard of in an MMORPG.

The leveling of equipment and skills is also right on par with what I would expect from them as well.

I'm replaying skyrim now cause I got into the mood and ESO is really just going to blow the socks of the market if you ask me.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Necrobile

I don't think I'll play it, for multiple reasons.

1. $14.99/month fee. I know why they want to charge for it, but with so many great f2p games out there(that aren't all p2win), it's hard to want to pay a subscription. The game will have to be REALLY good to warrant it.

Which ones, I've checked out a lot of f2p games and they are all p2win, and none were great.

3. Mods. I always mod my Elder Scrolls game. In a lot of ways, I feel like you have to. Bethesda makes great games, but they're always buggy as hell, and need many, MANY improvements(opinion). So if this one is online, will modding be allowed for it?? Will I be able to mod the water, the sky, the details in the grass?? Will I be able to change the character models to be better looking than they were?? Will I be able to add costumes, customize things how I like it, add my own home, or any of that stuff that I've been allowed to do in all Elder Scrolls/Fallout games?? Probably not, because it's all online, and competitive now.

It's not ESVI, it's ESO. Modding like that is 100% impossible as it would make cheating to win a necessity. (change walls to invisible, change enemy characters to make them easy to see impossible to use stealth etc).

4. This one ties in with 3. With no modding, means everyone will just have to deal with all of Bethesda's bugs. No more unofficial patches that not only fix, but improve the game.

So yeah, with those 4 points there, I don't see myself getting into ESO. For those of you that do play, I hope you have a lot of fun.

There will be no bugs, not like other ES games, it being an MMO will prevent that, along with the fact it's a different team working on it.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Awolscout
TESO is going to flop so hard it isn't even funny. Like there's a reason why the bulk of beta testers have lost complete interest in the game and have suggested that Zenimax go back to the drawing board and redo it completely from the ground up. It's kinda sad really, but just run far, far away from it.

Everyone I know who has played the beta has loved it. Very very few people have complained, so I have no idea what you are even talking about, it's a complete lie. Did you play beta, what would you say they need to redesign completely?

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join