It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Second Polar Vortex May Hit Parts of the US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Semantics! I meant to say longer in duration rather than intensity. Sheesh...

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Oh lord not again. Well either way I'm making the drive home to see my folks Vortex or not!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SM2

I'm pretty sure that they dumb it down, not because they're dumb themselves, but because the average person (like me!!) doesn't know the difference. I'm assuming Arctic blast would be the correct term? I don't know.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by watchesfromwall

I'm pretty sure it mentioned hitting the US. Why would they mention it if it wouldn't? That was a rhetorical question.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
For people who are nit-picking about the way I wrote the post, or about something being factually incorrect, it's not a big deal. You want it exactly the way you want it... we get it. The point is that there may or may not be a repeat to the last Arctic blast we got just recently. If you've got a complaint, keep it to yourself.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

HUMBLEONE
I suppose that this is just a bullsh$t way to prop up the "Global Warming" scam . Even though we're all freezing our asses off, it's all because of "Global Warming" right?

Well over here in california it's about a 75 average and no rain.

So saying we are ALL freeZing is just ignorant. Just because where you are is having a bad year doesn't mean that all that moisture is being displaced from somewhere.

We all wish here that we could have just a glimpse of what you have. We haven't even had a burn day yet and it's January. No slopes are open in the mountains.

But I guess global warming is a sham

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I watched CNN put about 20 minutes into reporting the weather from New York, from a couple of different angles, from standing in the snow shivering, and from inside a car being driven around.

I thought someplace like New York was northerly enough to get winter every year, but I guess I was mistaken.

Canada also spent 5 minutes reporting on how badly the winter weather affects the larger cities in the US, and they found an elderly woman who stated she liked the snow. They made her an honorary Cdn

To be fair, the US gets a lot of horrendous tornadoes and hurricanes, and they terrify me.
I'll keep moving north if we start getting more of those....

SM2

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by SM2

I'm pretty sure that they dumb it down, not because they're dumb themselves, but because the average person (like me!!) doesn't know the difference. I'm assuming Arctic blast would be the correct term? I don't know.

Not to be nit pickey, but to correct the inaccurate information put out there, and to bring things back to a truthful, non sensationalized reality. All this "arctic blast" talk is just a way to make a COLD FRONT seem more extreme, just like all the "temperatures" they are reporting are the temperatures with wind chill factored in.

So, to recap, the Polar Vortex is ALWAYS present, every day of every year, it is constantly there. It isn't some freak storm. An "arctic blast" is a cold front, just like the hundreds of them you have seen in your life time. Wind chill numbers are not the real temperatures.

Now, a more accurate representation would be....

Due to a wobbly polar vortex that is a result of an slight deviation of the polar night jet (the jet stream) caused by some strong weather systems in the northern hemisphere, we will see a significant cold front move across North America similar to the previous front that carried below normal temperatures and higher than usual snowfall.

sorry that representation doesn't play into any personal agendas, but it is the truth.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

Actually if you knew anything about climate, which you should if you're going to dismiss global warming... people wouldn't need to explain why cold weather doesn't negate warmer global temperatures.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Wow.

Cold temps and snow......during winter.......

Who would have thought?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

Buffalo N.Y. 1977...........A Snowstorm . No Polar Vortex back then , just Another Harsh Winter . They Come and Go .

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
-38 today in Quebec...and its supposed to get colder in the next few days....

all I have to say is BBRRRRrrrrrrrr

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

I just watched on Météomédia for my hometown, in Québec, and while it says it is currently minus 22, it also uses the word arctic to describe the actual/coming cold wave.
The last time it was cold, about 2 weeks ago they didn't say that it was an arctic cold, and it was much colder than now.

It shows at least a consensus in the media to use the same words.

Go Media Go!!! lol

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

Yes, it must be Global Warming, after all its a bunch of Experts who told us and we must believe what they say eh .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join