It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maryland mom kills 2 of her children during attempted exorcism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Mother Kills her two children, age 1 and 2 during an attempted exorcism. They died from stab wounds.

A second woman, who was briefly hospitalized after the incident, was also charged in the two deaths. Police believe she is not related to the family, but lived at the same residence in Germantown.
Norell Harris, 1, and his sister, Zyana Harris, 2, suffered fatal stab wounds while their siblings, ages 5 and 8, were hospitalized with injuries, authorities said.
"Cases like this are heartbreaking," county Police Chief Tom Manger said. "Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the victims."
Police said they found the four children Friday morning after a neighbor called 911 to report suspicious activity at the home. The neighbor reported seeing a car with a door open and a knife next to it.
Exorcism is a ritual aimed at defeating purported evil spirits or demons. Authorities did not provide additional details on why they suspected exorcism.
continue to source article at edition.cnn.com

How does something like this happen? Their pastor didn't have any idea that something was wrong. This is sad, sick, and just plain crazy. None of it makes any sense to me. I think there has to be more to the story than what people are saying.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Religious & American fearmongering...

hard at work!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ps: wouldnt 'Kills her 2 children' be more respectful to the dead kids than '2 of her children'?

RIP

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

If you are interested in the story maybe you should check the link. You would then realise she has other kids.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Seems as though the wrong person(s) was/were exorcised. That is one evil idiot. I hope when she is in prison they find a way to "exorcise" the hell out her.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

I want to know what role her the other played in it all and how she got stabbed. The entire thing is creepy.

edit on 20-1-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Wow! So sad. It sounds to me like the two women were partaking of some bath salts
or something more nefarious, in which they thought they were seeing "demons" in the children, and just went nuts. I've seen that look in some drugged up people that made my skin crawl. Because of their religious affiliations they may have thought they were performing an exorcism, my in my opinion it was a drug induced attack of the crazies!

edit on 20-1-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The only thing evil in that room was the mom and the woman who helped her IMO. This is just one of the many reasons religion gets a bad name. Normal people don't do things like this. Overly religious people don't do things like this.... sick, twisted people do things like this

Maybe the electrical current in Ol Sparky can exorcise these women from their evil?

Even more tragic are the surviving children. This is the legacy they are left with. No mother and their siblings murdered by the one who should have protected them all. Words can't express that kind of sadness and I hope they can come through this and have some sort of normalcy restored to their lives in the future.

Can I just say that women who kill their children are BY FAR the worst people to ever walk the face of the planet. Every time I read something like this it makes my head feel like it's going to implode. Dads are important no doubt... but a mother. A mother is the one person everyone should have in their life that they KNOW without a shadow of a doubt would give their life for them, protect them from anybody trying to harm them in any way, keep them warm, fed, and loved. Any mother that breaks that unwritten promise should suffer a far worse fate than what she doled out or sat back and allowed to happen. Just my 2 cents. I know some will disagree... but it is what it is.
edit on 1/21/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I agree with the sentiments so far on how disgusting this is. If drugs are involved then I guess I will have to chalk it up to that. At this point they haven't released much info on the case aside from whats in the article.

The whole thing seems just insane to me but what I can't get past is there were two women involved in this, as to what capacity the second woman played in the murders I don't know but I hope it comes to light. If drugs are at play then what kind? I don't even know what bath salts are or how they are used. I do know from all the stories they are nasty stuff.

I remember the quote from the movie The Crow "mother is the name of god in the hearts and minds of children". I can't even imagine what her surviving children will have to face through life now.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I read the story and thats why I commented sayin her 2 kids is more respectful than talking like 2 of a litter or something

Can I take back my star for the bitter response? =D

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Sure go ahead. The title is strait from the article. And here you can have a star.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
POLICE AND PASTOR SAY THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE OF ANY SORT OF EXORCISM

No Bible, no literature . . . . .

Way to tout this as a homicide by exorcism when the police and pastor claim otherwise.

The exorcism is the claim made by the accused murderer.

A little clarification would have been a nice thing to put in here OP . . . .

-FBB

edit on 21-1-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Haha so what you are saying here is you are upset that I didn't disagree with CNN and their title, and I didn't write down what was said in the video which the link I supplied led you to.

I guess you are saying a "REAL" exorcism would make some kind of difference here.

OK got it.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Grimpachi

Haha so what you are saying here is you are upset that I didn't disagree with CNN and their title, and I didn't write down what was said in the video which the link I supplied led you to.

I guess you are saying a "REAL" exorcism would make some kind of difference here.

OK got it.

It is pathetic that in every response you try and put words in my mouth and accuse me of things.

The police are saying there is no evidence of any sort of exorcism ritual taking place. If there is it will most likely be some sort of Voodoo or Santeria. I am pointing out the fact that there is ZERO evidence being given that there was any sort of exorcism was conducted.

You merely are continuing on in your rabble rousing, misinforming ATS members as to what the evidence and police are saying.

Denying ignorance is the moto of ATS, I am merely assisting fellow members in being fooled by you OP.

Cry about it and accuse me of whatever you want, facts are facts and all I am doing is reiterating them to anyone who reads your circus of a thread.

-FBB

PS
Even the 'Son of Sam' murderer recanted his 'the devil made me do it' claim after he admitted to the murders saying it was just a desperate act of self preservation.
edit on 21-1-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

As far as I am concerned, they can take the "mother" and drop her in an industrial strength wood chipper!
but reading a sentence that says 'pastor AND police' wrt exorcism is like pouring liquid helium down my spine! not that i'd ever believe what a pastor has to say anyway, but the police? that's pretty scary right there !

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

HA Ha sorry if I had known you would be reading the thread I would have tailor made it just for you.(end sarcasm)

Jeez I know you can't please everyone but some people are never happy. lol Some kind of persecution complex judging by this and other threads.

I am just wondering by chance have you contacted CNN to express your disapproval of their headline and article?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

gardener

hard at work!

Imagine the defense. 'Jebus tolds me to kills mah babies.'

The religious (all branches) have the audacity to question the theory of evolution, or science in general, but at least we don't read about killings on a weekly basis by believers of evolution killing their kids to prevent them from 'evolving'.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Lipton

gardener

hard at work!

Imagine the defense. 'Jebus tolds me to kills mah babies.'

The religious (all branches) have the audacity to question the theory of evolution, or science in general, but at least we don't read about killings on a weekly basis by believers of evolution killing their kids to prevent them from 'evolving'.

Death is a fundamental force of evolution . . . there is no evolving after birth. The idea is that the 'random' mutations of DNA over long periods of time leads each successive generation to evolve.

If you are going to talk down on people who don't believe in evolution at least demonstrate an understanding of the theory.

Here is an update for those interested in the case:

Police release 911 recordings in Germantown exorcism deaths
www.myfoxdc.com...

"I suspect you are going to find that they thought they were doing a righteous act," says Dr. William Stuart, a professor of anthropology at the University of Maryland.

He is an expert on exorcisms who says what happened in this case does not have the earmarks of a traditional exorcism -- formal or otherwise.

"Because in general, this level of killing a person, especially if it's your own child or children, seems to be beyond the pale of legitimacy," he says.

According to those who knew the family, the killings were more than likely a manifestation of the mother's mental illness.

-FBB

top topics

<<   2 >>

join