It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Kind to Ourselves First - A Powerful Gift

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

i agree with you with the replacement of 'bad' thoughts with 'good' thoughts. it is the only way that works so far for me.

i mentioned in other threads, that sometimes i have huge conflicts between 'good' and 'evil' within, whenever i do any random act of kindness.

what i usually 'do' may 'sound' like forcing the positivity to appear.
but somehow i see the 'bad' like 'devil trick'
which is why i usually just either laugh it off or if i cant i just accept a that feeling then let go immediately when i feel the 'space'.

i dunno if i do it right (im still learning)

i appreciate any inputs from any of you

peace.

edit on 22-1-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Good one OP... hAve found that out myself, recently... if i am doing well, i can pass that feeling on... otherwise i will pass on only negative stuff... if you re doing well, the world does well

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

dodol

i agree with you with the replacement of 'bad' thoughts with 'good' thoughts. it is the only way that works so far for me.

i mentioned in other threads, that sometimes i have huge conflicts between 'good' and 'evil' within, whenever i do any random act of kindness.

what i usually 'do' may 'sound' like forcing the positivity to appear.
but somehow i see the 'bad' like 'devil trick'
which is why i usually just either laugh it off or if i cant i just accept a that feeling then let go immediately when i feel the 'space'.

i dunno if i do it right (im still learning)

i appreciate any inputs from any of you

peace.

I think the best way to do it is don't be judgmental whenever a thought or feeling comes, just acknowledge it, then replace it with what you want your world to be like.

I don't think it's forcing at all, but rather being aware.

I also do my mantra, saying, or whatever the phrase I have chosen throughout the day, whether it is needed or not. Repeating it over and over, so as to re-enforce the state of my world.

No rights, or wrongs to any of this, just what works for each one of us. What I do recommend though is persistence.

Peace,

RT

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

judgmental is one of the things i need to overcome

sometimes there is a strong urge want to label the thoughts haha

thanks!

peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Love is certainly contagious. But one has to be infected before one can spread the love right? Buddhism has explored this idea very extensively, and according to their ancient accumulation of wisdom, you're absolutely right. "It's the thought that counts; not the deed." All genuinely happy and peaceful people say the same thing - you can only help others to be happy and peaceful by filling your own cup first and then letting it overflow.

If you want the world to be peaceful but you're agitated inside, then the world will be a perfect reflection of that agitation and apathy. If you are engaged and full of life and love for yourself as an extension of the cosmos itself, and you don't let yourself become too attached to the transient ego identity and its lavish requirements, then you live in the Buddha and Bodhisattva realms. Which is to say, you see happiness and joy and peace in everything you see - even others' frustrations. Because you yourself are free from the prison of wandering thoughts.

The other two things you said in particular really rang true for me too: the change of your presence in a room (people are unconsciously fascinated with your genuine air of tranquility and desperately want to know your secret), and it's a "work in progress". The realization of your self-nature (or enlightenment) is a process, not a destination. So if you learn to find the process exciting and fulfilling in and of itself, then it's even easier to let go of that harsh vice of cruel self-judgment and vicious self-destructive thought habits.

Namaste! Best of luck in your process. Stay positive. Peace

"Be the change you want to see in the world"! - Gandhi

"You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection." - Gautama Buddha

edit on 23/1/2014 by TheAnarchist because: ~

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

S&F nice read. I'm in charge of my happiness. Sometimes I step away, and when I do I ask myself this. What is this going to add up in the scheme of things? Or I ask myself are these people or this situation really worth ones sanity. The answer for the most part is no. Peace.

edit on 24-1-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join