It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visually Confirmed: Enormous Craft Detected on Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I like UFO theories. So when a new juicy piece of gossip goes across the wire contemplating such scenarios...

I'm tickled pink and enjoy reading the discourse. I saw the Daily Mail too and like the fossilized iguana on Mars photo. I instantly thought of Arken and other Mar's rock thread posters.

We just sent a bunch of stuff into space. Other countries are sending crap into space. All with a huge veil of secrecy and no responsibility to discoursing anything to the general public... all in the name of each countries "national security". What in the world is going on up there? Yesterday I participated in the who would you want to be for an hour thread... and I'm now - wanting to be an astronaut in space.

It should be an interesting year in conspiracy land hypothesizing about it, regardless. I guess if we are allowed to. I saw some posters asking for this thread to be shut down as a hoax. Why? It's a genuine story out there right now. Regardless as to whether or not it turns out to be identifiable or shown to be an image artifact or that the original discover of the sighting hoaxed it.... it's worthy of discussion isn't it? As it's a current story buzzing about right now?

CdT

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I find it interesting that it is being covered on sites such as the New York Daily News and I also find it curious that we had so much activity recently with regards to US and Chinese governments.

Are they anticipating something? Or, scarier yet, will this be a grand PSYOP?

I think I'd fear madmen with big toys over a type-1+ civilization. That's just me though.
edit on 20-1-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I wanna believe it, but there'd be more coverage an amateur astronomers would be all over it.
I can fully believe there is ETs on the moon/earth because some of what I have seen is unexplainable just about any other way. My problem is the image is crap, there's no better images taken from anywhere and the story has been around for a few years now with no new developments.
Sure the DOD launched Something today but that would have been done years ago when the story first surfaced if it was connected somehow

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
if i remember correctly, the daily fail just reported on the story, rather than reporting on the reality. it's a matter of context. if it was on the guardian's science pages as a real story with quotes from nasa and proper pics then it's credibilty goes up.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

100 days to position something in Lunar Orbit. That should have leaped out right away that this is a big fat fail. unless it was nasa that was controlling the payload, those losers i would totally believe could screw up that bad.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

You mean there is another one ? Remember this .........>

i297.photobucket.com...

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

taoistguy
if i remember correctly, the daily fail just reported on the story, rather than reporting on the reality. it's a matter of context. if it was on the guardian's science pages as a real story with quotes from nasa and proper pics then it's credibilty goes up.

Disclosure from Never A Straight Answer?

Here, how about some statements from men who worked for NASA and were in space.

UFO Sightings by NASA Astronauts

I think NASA has to go through too many channels and too much red tape to be completely candid with the general public. Just my own hunch...

CdT

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Wasnt this picture debunked already days ago?
i smell Sorcha

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

once again for all the folks who are inquiring minds that "want to know" the truth about this.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

NewsWorthy
I wanna believe it, but there'd be more coverage an amateur astronomers would be all over it.
I can fully believe there is ETs on the moon/earth because some of what I have seen is unexplainable just about any other way. My problem is the image is crap, there's no better images taken from anywhere and the story has been around for a few years now with no new developments.
Sure the DOD launched Something today but that would have been done years ago when the story first surfaced if it was connected somehow

I wouldnt if to alien ships showed up the size of a city they arent friendly. But no worries the doctor is feeding you a line of bull. For one he would have no idea what an incoming craft is made of spectral analysis wouldnt work since light needs to travel through a gas. So that means he just made that up then there is the photo notice the picture of the craft has a weird lighting source you see almost the entire craft. But the only light source would be our sun and looking at an incoming object we would just see light reflected back at us we would see as white dots.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

hmmmm...seems like another dodgy website.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

double post.

edit on 20-1-2014 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

InterestedReader

Mamatus
reply to post by berkeleygal

This is interesting although if memory serves, this particular photo has not been proven to be anything. Best guesses are an imaging artifact. The single largest problem I have with the article is the source. TRN is not a site that is known for breaking as many stories as they are the rules of responsible journalism.....

Just my two cents but if they have been there for two years I think an upcoming invasion may not be on the immediate horizon.

Your criticism seems misplaced. The article clearly references similar stories about this same image from the moon run by the London Daily Mail, the New York Daily News and even the Hindustan Times of India, with links to the articles at all 3 "reputable" sources. Strange that you seem to hold TRN to a different standard than the three mass-media outlets mentioned.

Actually I hold them all to the same standard. They are all equally worthless as valid sources. That you seem to think they are valid sources? Well, you fill in the rest.

edit on 20-1-2014 by Mamatus because: for civility

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 20-1-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
dAMMIT, why can't ONE of these be the real thing? I click the link and read and cross my fingers and everytime I'm let down. I'd like just for once to have my world shook upside down. A freakin alien spaceship detected would be straight out of science fiction and god knows what tale it'd tell.

Have to wait for SETI to receive a garbled alien message from 2800 light years and theo nly thing they'll say is it's alien. Probably will happen in a few thousand years. Unfortunately, the aliens will be long dead by the time they recieve our response because they blew htemselves up in one final hurrah. Lately I been thinking we're alone in our galaxy and so the only source of intelligence from which to gather inspiration will have to be us. Maybe there's no life out there just an endless sea of rocks for us to colonize. A universe of humans killing each ohter and getting bored with everythig.
edit on 20-1-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Mamatus
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Yet the flags roll on......... The collective intelligence of ATS this last few months is underwhelming at best....

Awe
Is someone's opinion not getting the respect they think it deserves? *snif* Buck up little camper. There will be plenty more spaceships for you to debunk.

I see no reason to disbelieve this out of hand. The info we get at the citizen level is sketchy at best no matter the source. If it is true, id expect lots of attempts in assorted media to throw people off the trail.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

InterestedReader
No credible sources? The article specifically links to three other sources in the "mass-media" who also ran the story:

London daily Mail www.dailymail.co.uk... tml

New York Daily News www.nydailynews.com...

Hindustan Times of India [url]http://www.hindustantimes.com/news-feed/science/researcher-finds-mysterious-triangular-object-on-moon-through-google-earth/article1-1174563.aspx[ /url]

A quick search of Google also shows sites like Huffington Post and many others ran with the story too. How much more "credible" do articles need to be to meet YOUR standard?
edit on 20-1-2014 by InterestedReader because: (no reason given)

They are not reporting that there is an alien spacecraft on the moon, they are reporting that someone is claiming to have found one on the moon - there's a difference. And the Daily Mail will never be a credible source of anything apart from toilet paper.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

tencap77
reply to post by NewsWorthy

100 days to position something in Lunar Orbit. That should have leaped out right away that this is a big fat fail. unless it was nasa that was controlling the payload, those losers i would totally believe could screw up that bad.

It's a fuel efficient way of getting things to the moon, and that in itself should be a clue that there was no need to get there in a hurry.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I can't find the exact source for this picture:

Is it one of these photos?

TRN has obtained photos of the unknown spacecraft and has an audio interview with an outside consultant from NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office (MEO) who confirms that for almost two years the U.S. government used the MacDonald Observatory in Texas to track the approach of two of these enormous objects.

Photos? Why just show one?

Also... according to the article:

A year ago, in January 2013, the objects had gotten to within 200,000 miles of Mars when they suddenly vanished.

And later...

By January, 2013, the objects had been tracked to about 200,000 miles past the planet Mars.

A bit confusing if you ask me.

But let's pretend that 200,000 miles past the planet Mars is the most accurate statement... Let's consider the approximate arrival date:

... in October, 2013 just before the US Government budget shutdown, when Norton telephoned a colleague and found out the enormous objects had suddenly re-appeared at our moon and had taken-up positions behind -- or on -- the moon...

That means that it took more than +/-273 days (9 months more or less) for it to travel from Mars to earth?! Not very fast, considering that our recent achievement was 253 days to Mars (see Curiosity) or the record of 210 days for MRO.

Oh, and when you're going to name-drop, please be a tiny bit more accurate with your facts... It's McDonald Observatory and not MacDonald Observatory...

And then the long list of "wrongs" already pointed out by other members.

In conclusion: What a load of hogwash!

edit on 21-1-2014 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Here's the original video with the above image in it.

youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join