Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Overlooked deaths of 2013

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
We all got to hear about the lives and deaths of Paul walker and Nelson Mandela. But they were not the only people to die last year that have impacted our lives one way or another. Here are a few that didn't get enough attention.

Richard griffiths aka harry potters uncle dursley.
Check him out in Hugo. He's an unappreciated actor.

Joseph Farman. He's the scientist that discovered the hole in the ozone layer. How this mans passing went so quietly in an era of environmental awareness is beyond me.

Doug engelbart. This is the man that invented something many of you use every day. The computer mouse. Wonder how bill gates didn't steal that idea from him?

Last but not least,
Ray Dolby. We've all "heard" Dolby sound. His early work was removing the hiss from record players.

I'm sure you guys and gals can come up with a few more.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well crap, I put this in the wrong category. Sorry bout that.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
Joseph Farman. He's the scientist that discovered the hole in the ozone layer. How this mans passing went so quietly in an era of environmental awareness is beyond me.

Simple, Paul Walker's death will make people watch TV and rush to see Fast n' Furious.

Joseph Farman's death would force people to actually think about their environment and the threats we face everyday in our lovely modern world.

Other than that, thanks for these names, didn't know all of them passed away.

R.I.P

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
We all got to hear about the lives and deaths of Paul walker and Nelson Mandela. But they were not the only people to die last year that have impacted our lives one way or another. Here are a few that didn't get enough attention.

Richard griffiths aka harry potters uncle dursley.
Check him out in Hugo. He's an unappreciated actor.

Doug engelbart. This is the man that invented something many of you use every day. The computer mouse. Wonder how bill gates didn't steal that idea from him?

Last but not least,
Ray Dolby. We've all "heard" Dolby sound. His early work was removing the hiss from record players.

I'm sure you guys and gals can come up with a few more.

Bill Gates DID steal it from him!!!

How about everyone that died by drone strikes.
How about everyone that died by cop beatings and tazerings (just made up a new word there)
How about all the people that died serving in the military in countries we shouldn't even be in?

sorry....got off topic a bit there but I hate how we get so wrapped up in the lives and deaths of "famous" people.....instead of actual important people....like my wife's grand father...he died in 2013....was a WWII tail gunner on a bomber...

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Sorry for your loss Magnus. We all lose someone close to us from time to time but that doesn't make it any easier.

top topics

join