It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit guides

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Does anyone have any stories to tell on spirit guides. I work with a few native Americans and a nun guide.

Another healer I know has a Chinese guide that wears different coloured robes when he sees him.

One of my friends during a guided meditation met with one of her guides - a Victorian lawyer with his head buried in a load of books. He looked up and told her to go away as he was too busy. The next guide she bumped into said 'well I've always been here hahaha' with a little chuckle.

I think you would have to experience it to believe it but hey the more the merrier. Friends in the physical world and friends in the non physical.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LouiseCTaylor

I have understanding and experience with guides,but I have no stories I would tell.

Most of my experience in this led my to question the source of the guidance....if a spirit tells you they are something or someone how do you not know if they are deceiving or not?

Better to trust your own spirit and the spirit of the highest, whatever you might call it, than some lesser unknown quantity.

I have also felt the presence of family spirits but again the motives are not any clearer than my own so better to trust my spirit and the highest spirit.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think we all can have a spirit guide but we are told to ignore them. Strange that even Christianity says the spirit of god can come in you but if you say it speaks to you they usually lock you up or everyone avoids you. How is the Messiah ever going to get anything done when people think the one he is in is crazy. Maybe that is the intent, use the technique of discrediting god and maybe he will get pissed off and leave. That will work only so long till he decides to create big disasters and wipe out all those who went against him.

Maybe some of these people who deny god's presence in a person only believe ministers trained in religion can be the messiah. Then why do they believe in Jesus if that is the case. He was not a pope or a minister, he was a carpenter by trade. Bet he would love all the carpenter tools we have nowadays, maybe he would have stayed doing carpenter work instead of starting a new religion. Who would want to be a messiah anyway, trying to save people who think they are already doing everything right?

Ok, enough about religion. I have a spirit guide, it is a woman I think...if they actually have women or men in the spirit world. She says that most people are good even though their religions may have gone astray. Now that everyone knows I am nuts, it is time to go make some coffee, nuts and coffee go good together you know.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I really don't know if these are so-called spirit guides or not OP.

My personal theory, for what it's worth, is that what people see isn't a spirit, but an accidental (or fortunate rather than accidental) accessing of stored memory from a long dead ancestor encoded into DNA. The form the 'spirit guide takes' in my opinion, may be dependent on how the data is being accessed, the mechanisms involved (meditative, drug induced, panic stricken state of mind or dreaming etc.) The form the data may be presented would probably have to be in one that we could relate to, on a level that would facilitate real full duplex communication and also on how the conscious mind is most comfortable or efficient at interpreting the data.

As i say, i don't know, but it's interesting all the same.

edit on 20-1-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

'Everyone avoids you?' So that's where I've been going wrong all this time. LOL.

Jeeeeeez that's a deep analysis u wrote there my friend. Nuts is okay as long as it's NICE nuts. The world would be a boring place if everyone were the same :-)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Treespeaker

I totally agree one does need to be vigilent in such matters. Some of the guides we work with in my church are well known ones that have been channeled many times before. 'Silver birch' is one of them.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I have three guides at the moment

Cacria (pronounced kack ria i think) A Roman man with short black hair he wears a robe and sandals, he died in 306 AD, he seems to enjoy music, He chose to be my guide and loves me, as i do him.

Ladgeab (pronounced Lad Gee ab) He is Celtic, he has whitish grey shoulder length hair and a beard, He used to live in Poland before it was called Poland, he was a farmer, he lived with his mate (wife) they had no children
, i asked him about their boats, he said he never went on one, but saw them when he and his mate would pull their cart loaded with produce for trading. He said he couldn't read, write or count like we do now, but he knew the runes. He also chose to be my guide, he also loves me, i feel very close to him,he is a very compassionate man.

I have trouble understanding when he was born and when he passed away.

then I have a Roman Empress who doesn't much like me, who didn't choose to be with me and who i try not to bother, She prefers i call her Lady, ironically enough when i was growing up i had a dog called Lady.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I find your reply interesting. All I have chosen to channel in the last several years are animals and plants along with conversing with that which I perceive as the highest.

I find the topic very interesting, I was wondering how your church views spirits other than mans as well as your personal view.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

That's a lovely story. I suppose in the bigger scheme of things it doesn't matter if we can read / write - it's soul & spirit connection with each other + heart 2 heart I guess when it comes to the non physical

edit on 20-1-2014 by LouiseCTaylor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Was wondering what you meant by mans ? In our church we meditate which is how we connect with our guides. They communicate clairvoyantly, clairsentiently or clairaudiently depending on which of these skills we use. The guides choose whoever they wish to guide and there are quite a few books in the church on some of the guides that have come through over the years.

My personal view is I think it's wonderful. I love having them in my life. I feel they drip feed me bits of wisdom all the time through my third eye chakra and I'm finally starting to decipher between what is my own thoughts and spirit. I've learnt so much from them in a spiritual sense & I feel the world would be much more enlightened if everyone did the same. Just my humble opinion

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I have experience with what would be called "my guides" as well as those of a few others.

I have a few stories I could tell, but I will share this one - as I think it might be the most thought provoking to those drawn to the thread.

Quite a few years ago, I had encountered a visual image a number of times of a particular guide that was assisting me. I had an interesting exchange with him about his appearance. He told me that the image I was seeing was specifically in a form that could best be interacted with by me. When I was shown the form of "this guide" without the "for me" visage, it was a very powerful experience. Words can't approach describing it, so I won't try. I would be happy to answer questions about it, but really can't describe it in a summary few sentences and do it justice.

For all those interested in the subject of guides, just remember that however you experience them, you are doing so with your own unique human "lens" and "filter" - and this greatly impacts how you interpret (see, experience, feel, etc.) this energy.

Thank you for the thread. I am looking forward to seeing others stories, and perhaps sharing another of my own later in the thread

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by luminosity

Your welcome - That's an interesting thought about the human filter. Of course everyone experiences their reality differently. A lot of people in my group have clairvoyance and see their guides. I on the other hand mostly experience clairsentience (clear feeling)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Who am I? Who are you? Can we start with that?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
what's the point of a guide that tells you to go away?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

maybe they'll explain that in season 4?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

I suppose It means their not doing a very good job and can be called back by the council and downgraded.

I have talked at some length with my guides and spirits, apparently there is a council, which i also have some problems with due to some of them are what i call out of touch with modern society, from what i have gathered there are seven levels/realms for spirit progression.

in the higher realms what they think or imagine can become, so im guessing not many recently departed can be there, due to the fact our minds often think terrible things or we remember some pretty bad stuff.
it doeskin mean you have a bad soul, just sometimes its hard to shake off memory's of what we have seen.

For example,if i see something or hear something bad its not too hard to get upset by something especially with the internet, you could be happily reading something fascinating and all of a sudden an ad for cruelty against animals will pop up sending you in a mass of anger and tears. im not saying we should ignore them, but sometimes we cant shake it off, now what you can do is ask your guides to take the thought away, it doesn't mean you have forgotten it, it just helps you emotionally, they may choose to give you a new thought pushing the one that you don't want back, its like a priority list

some people have an apprentice type guide so they are there just observing and cant really help you that much, if you find yourself feeling alone try this, when you wake scream in your mind WAKE UP GUYS ... TODAY IS A DAY TO ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING. that should get their attention

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Im always cautious of where the information i get is coming from too.

communicating with my guides has been trial and error, after finding out that all of my guides have lived and died left me with even more questions for them.

i asked if humans have always had spirit guides, the answer is yes, then i asked well who were the guides for the first humans, the answer was they didn't have any, they didn't have guides until they started asking for the help from their departed loved ones, apparently that is when we started evolving spiritually (our immortal soul) our soul is our consciousness, our spirit is the body for the soul, our spirited soul resides inside our organic body, our body's being organic evolved and adapted naturally.

I have asked if human spirits are guides for animals, the answer was no, unless that soul has lived as that animal.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I think that there are levels of 'truth' and the 'truth' is adjusted to what you can understand.

Rather like you would not be able to explain a car to a child as well as you would to an adult. You could still say that it had 4 wheels and people rode in it, but there are many other things to know about a car. Asking questions is a way to find out what you can understand so, using the same analagy, a child probably would not ask about the gearbox straight away after being told about a car.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

If ya need a guide you are unfit for this journey and need to be recycled.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I experience guidance from various sources, beings, family, some recognized within, and other systems, those I would call angel-ets even. Heros. Not a guidance I seek, but at key moments, they get through. Often to pick me up and get me to put things in a new perspective, to not get bogged down here. In some cases to remind me of what I already knew, so as to not go deeper than needed into the mudpile so to speak. At times, when its a new perspective, to see it as a counselor with compassion and understanding would, its myself, Higher Self, that is comunicating.
edit on 24-1-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join