It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Broadcast Antenna Network : The Saywana System and other Andean Ethno Scientific Tools

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Usually, when we talk about Incas and Pre-Columbian Cultures we wonder how they built all those incredible strutures. Now it's time for some good answers.

I'll try to put together some new sources I found and some other that I already shared, forgive me if I used spanish language sources, some of the items exposed here haven't been discussed here and information about them is limited.

Even if the artifacts or devices you are about to read about might look rudimental, thinking about the overwhelming intelligence applied to reach those concepts, bring more questions to our minds.

I imagine altruist ancient visitors teaching people how to apply advanced technlology using limited resources available like stones and wood. There were gods in ancient times and they started the first sparks of our knowledge, hope one day we meet again just to say "Thank you".

THE SAYWANA - Andean Broadcast Antenna Network.

This device was used to communicate agricultural and astronomical information from one area to another with a system of movable mirrors called "Lurpukunas".

The mirrors projected the light from one device to another, displayed in distant mountains.

The Saywanas were controlled by the "Pachap Onanchac", the scientists of the Inca's Empire. The light was projected in pulses, using a code which had to be interpreted by another Pachap Onanchac.

The receiver transfered the information recording it in Quipus (knot code system). Any aditional mathematical calculation would require a "Yupana" or a Hakjuña. A device used to perform complex calculations.

The broadcasting wasn't limited to the sunlight, they kept it operatonal at night using fire, so they stayed "online" all the time.

In this video (I only found spanish audio version), you can observe how they used of the Yakuapana to make the water come down in equal amounts at both sides of the water fountain, also you'll see a basic version of the Saywana, without mirrors.

In this other video, you will see a museum in Peru, "Museo Cosmoastronomico Puruchuco", in Lima. It was built as a full size example, using the concepts and instruments dicussed here, also has a simple version of the Saywana on top of the building, enough to confirm its practical functions.

It's possible that the Saywana was used as a geodetic instrument by the Nazca People to make their famous geoglyphs, with an upgraded version that combines other ancient instruments like the "YAKUAPANA" which is a Inclinometer or tilt meter.

The Yakuapana was also the key of the hydraulic technology, used to mesure the angle on aqueducts, avoiding overflows and saving water resources. Probably used in combination with mesurements made using the "Allpa Pampachana" (a topographic instrument).

The Allpa Pampachana helped to create the Qapac Ñan, a road network that covered the whole Inca's Empire.

Another device used in combination with the Saywana was the "Chakana", as an star finder. I translated the terms described in the next picture, in order to help understand its complexity.

Well, now it's time to click "Post" and wait for your always welcomed comments my friends. Thank you !

webdecoracora.galeon.com...
www.foroexplayate.com...
fredysalinasmelendez.com...
sisbib.unmsm.edu.pe...
www.scribd.com...
www.fredysalinasmelendez.com...
www.scribd.com...
codigoscristalinos.blogspot.com...
edit on 20-1-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Just to help out the OP -- in the first picture, the first block of text describes what seems to be the first station. The text reads: Winter Solstice. The second block of text (the second station pictured) reads: Vernal (spring) Equinox. The third block of text (the third station) reads: Autumnal (fall) Equinox. The third block of text reads: Summer Solstice. The four mirror stations pictured also represent the four seasons (las cuatro estaciones). I hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Flagged!

Will return.......at work!

However, it may take me some time to let all this soak in! Good job mate!

Talk later\.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Your contribution is very appreciated !

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

CaptainBeno
Flagged!

Will return.......at work!

However, it may take me some time to let all this soak in! Good job mate!

Talk later\.

Yes, I understand. Very complex and it might take some time to understand it. I hope you like it.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

No probs!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Outstanding! Damn Spanish explorers. All that history, destroyed.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Too bad there wasn't an Incan Gandalf shouting "light the beacon!" when the Spaniards were approaching...

But seriously, great post, and maybe greater exposure of ancient Peruvian technology and skills will help people understand how the Nazca lines came into being, as opposed to crediting it to space aliens.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

That's what we've been told. I'm sure the knowledge is still available and the main reason of my threads on this topic is to help rediscovering it. I know I can count with ATS members assistance

Anyway, for me what the spaniards did is unforgivable thru the centuries, considering they never regretted what their ancestors caused.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

That's really fascinating Trueman. I am woefully ignorant about these matters. I might have to pick your brains about the insignia found on Pictish stones, however, because the sun-code machine (I know that's not it's real name) looks quite similar to a design which is still undeciphered - the Z-rod.

That's not relevant here, so I won't derail you but it did make me wonder. Great thread S&F

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Hi Friend,

You did excellent job. I really desire the appreciations. The way you are explaining about " SAYWANA ". Excellent.

I would like to say "Thanks".

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
nice work on putting this together
reminds me of a similar setup
where light signals were used
for ships to safely navigate a reef

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

The stones you mention are very interesting, I promise to give you my opinion about them when I'm back at home. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Trueman

bigfatfurrytexan

That's what we've been told. I'm sure the knowledge is still available and the main reason of my threads on this topic is to help rediscovering it. I know I can count with ATS members assistance

Anyway, for me what the spaniards did is unforgivable thru the centuries, considering they never regretted what their ancestors caused.

I agree wholly. My wife is a latina, and we have talked before about how her "people's" history was stolen from them. In her case, it was more due to the American Government squashing the indians in the area. They killed all the buffalo as a way to crush the indians (at least, the Comanche in the area). Settlers used to collect the bones to sell for bonemeal (a way to make subsistance money).

I love reading the stuff you put up, Trueman. Mesoamerican history is among my top passions.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Trueman
reply to post by beansidhe

The stones you mention are very interesting, I promise to give you my opinion about them when I'm back at home. Thank you.

Brilliant! Thanks!
I'll get a thread together in the next couple of weeks and u2u you the link.
Cheers, Trueman

B x

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
That's really quite ingenious stuff. When there is so little to work with in terms of manufactured goods, bringing these sorts of things together at all, let alone with any complexity, is amazing. Thanks OP, very cool.

new topics

top topics

join