It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I read today that Scientist believe the fuel in reactor 3 has melted down into the groundwater..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
We'll according to ENE news scientists believe the nuclear fuel has melted through containment and has reached groundwater. They came to this conclusion by radiation levels being altered with the ebb an flow of the tides.
I'm not anywhere near knowledgable on the subject but I was under the impression that if this happened it would explode or would be catastrophic to Japan in Various other ways. Since it seams to of already happened with no major explosions or anything is there really anything to worry about if it happens to the other reactors???
I've tried to upload the pics from the website showing what they believe to be the situation but it doesn't seem to work from my iPhone. What's the worse case scenario if this happened an why is it such a danger if it's already happened ??
I understand it is poisoning groundwater but so is their continuos pumping water into leaky containers so I don't really see a difference other than if they are underground wouldn't that benefit everybody because there wouldn't be anymore airborne radiation.

enenews.com...

edit on 20-1-2014 by NewsWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

NewsWorthy
We'll according to ENE news scientists believe the nuclear fuel has melted through containment and has reached groundwater. They came to this conclusion by radiation levels being altered with the ebb an flow of the tides.
I'm not anywhere near knowledgable on the subject but I was under the impression that if this happened it would explode or would be catastrophic to Japan in Various other ways. Since it seams to of already happened with no major explosions or anything is there really anything to worry about if it happens to the other reactors???
I've tried to upload the pics from the website showing what they believe to be the situation but it doesn't seem to work from my iPhone. What's the worse case scenario if this happened an why is it such a danger if it's already happened ??
I understand it is poisoning groundwater but so is their continuos pumping water into leaky containers so I don't really see a difference other than if they are underground wouldn't that benefit everybody because there wouldn't be anymore airborne radiation.

Source?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
enenews.com...
Oops forgot the source, here's the link

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

why isn't the entire planet working to get this under control!!?

also.....why aren't we actively decom-ing all nuke sites on the planet? I know GE would lose a fortune but do we care about that?

The new clean burn coal plants are amazingly clean and efficient and yet the Obama admin is shutting them down....no, this isn't about Obama.....I'm sure any president would do the same because they are being told to.

I just don't understand why we (the people of earth) and the environment has to pay for corporate greed. Everyone is wrapped up in this whole global warming or....sorry....global climate change hoax when the real issues to the environment and human health is the aging nuke plant fleet.

Our elected officials and government agencies really have betrayed our trust as far as the nuke plants go.....

I have become death....

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

why aren't we actively decom-ing all nuke sites on the planet? I know GE would lose a fortune but do we care about that?

The typical uneducated knee jerk reaction. If a Nuclear power plant is in a area safe from Earthquaks and Tsunamis and has full safety systems then I dont see the danger. We should just stop people from building plants in danger zones or with substandard systems.

edit on 20-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Because there is no way to stop it. Its a blob of burning radioactive fuel.

You volunteering to hop in the hole and dig it out?

Not even the Japanese are willing, and they live on that island.

It was over the minute the wave hit the plant and took out the generators.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

also.....why aren't we actively decom-ing all nuke sites on the planet? I know GE would lose a fortune but do we care about that?

The new clean burn coal plants are amazingly clean and efficient and yet the Obama admin is shutting them down....no, this isn't about Obama.....I'm sure any president would do the same because they are being told to.

I just don't understand why we (the people of earth) and the environment has to pay for corporate greed. Everyone is wrapped up in this whole global warming or....sorry....global climate change hoax when the real issues to the environment and human health is the aging nuke plant fleet.

Our elected officials and government agencies really have betrayed our trust as far as the nuke plants go.....

I have become death....

Love the Oppenheimer reference....
As far as why we let it happen as people of the same planet..... I'd have to say it's my belief the majority of the world doesn't even know the dangers since nobody will cover it on the news.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

crazyewok

UxoriousMagnus

why aren't we actively decom-ing all nuke sites on the planet? I know GE would lose a fortune but do we care about that?

The typical uneducated knee jerk reaction. If a Nuclear power plant is in a area safe from Earthquaks and Tsunamis and has full safety systems then I dont see the danger. We should just stop people from building plants in danger zones or with substandard systems.

and you say I am uneducated?!....might want to do a little research on how many are on fault lines and near coasts that get hit by hurricanes. We can never get rid of the waste that is produced by these plants and they are only supposed to be good for 20 to 25 years......maybe you should check the age of most of ours.....you don't see the danger.....sheesh

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

NewsWorthy

UxoriousMagnus

I have become death....

Love the Oppenheimer reference....
As far as why we let it happen as people of the same planet..... I'd have to say it's my belief the majority of the world doesn't even know the dangers since nobody will cover it on the news.

I agree....because GE owns large portions of most of the news outlets....you make a good point there

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Finalyzing final calculations.... Loading.... Loading.... Load... error... Error... GODZILLA inevetable... GODZILLA!!!

________________________________________________________________________Sarcasm

Maybe... Iradiated super japanese kakaroaches??? OF GODZILLA PROPORTION...? Just throwing that on the table....

Sooner or later it will effect all plant life??? Super sized Killer Tomatos?

Just saying...

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

shaneslaughta
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Because there is no way to stop it. Its a blob of burning radioactive fuel.

You volunteering to hop in the hole and dig it out?

Not even the Japanese are willing, and they live on that island.

It was over the minute the wave hit the plant and took out the generators.

A wave.....that hit a meaningless little island out in the Pacific.....destroys the entire ocean and slow kills the entire planet....that's just great man, why don't you put her in charge then!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

A wave.....that hit a meaningless little island out in the Pacific.....destroys the entire ocean and slow kills the entire planet....that's just great man, why don't you put her in charge then!!!

Who?

No one said its killing the entire planet.

There will be repercussions though.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I've never been to Japan but from what I understand the general population are a honorable bunch of folks.
If the public ever was to find out that TEPCO has purposefully deceived them an the Government went along with it then maybe we'd see the first modern day 1st world revolution.
Wouldn't that be something... If they rose up as a mass, toppled the government and TEPCO, then buried them in they're radioactive wasteland as a tit for tat type of solution

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

I would hardly call Japan "meaningless".

Infact thats rather offenisive and Im not even Japanese!

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The melted fuel pile is unaccounted for. This is a very different situation than Chernobyl. They were able to sequester and entomb the fuel pile. The Fukushima disaster is still completely out of control and has no precedent. The presumption is that it would reach the water table and beyond. Looks like the evidence is indicating that has happened. The significant amount of steam coming out of that hole is carrying nucleotides; iodine, strontium and Cesium. The danger to Japan is most prominent but the prevailing wind carries it away from the island. Out of sight out of mind? It's infuriating.

CS137 readily dissolves in water. The idea most people have is some particle getting propagated. Ions in solution can slowly travel up hill in the water table. Ion's will travel much farther, faster and more completely in solution. My guess is the Japan's media has been muzzled in an attempt to stem the fear and outrage. If things were improving, why not opt for more transparency? Test the ground water 1km up hill from the meltdown and see what happens.

The Cs137 with a half-life of about 30 years is currently concentrating at the top of the food chain. Think tuna is the top of the food chain? Sorry to inform, but if you are reading this, you are the top of the food chain. There is no safe amount of radiation for the human reproductive cycle. Humans are extraordinarily poor at reproduction so it's a real threat.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I thought it is very strange that the Swiss Report do not
mentioned the "China Syndrome" with even one Word
but everything else.

I send a Mail to get further Information already,
maybe i will call them even later, like many other.

Why do Enenews do not waited and Researched this?
edit on 20-1-2014 by Human0815 because: removed one "already"!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

reply to post by crazyewok

Like Chernobyl?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

reply to post by crazyewok

Like Chernobyl?

with substandard systems

Again the typical uneducated Knee Jerk Response.

Chernobyl happened as it was built by a failing empire with substanded systems and terrible saftey protacols. It would be impossibe for the same thing to happen at Chernobyl to one of our own western power plants! To get a melt down you would have to be stupid like build a plant in a earthquake zone!

Fact it is if you build a plant tp western standards in SAFE regions theres no problem.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

shaneslaughta

UxoriousMagnus

Who?

No one said its killing the entire planet.

There will be repercussions though.

it is much worse than 3 mile island or Chernobyl and those raised the ambient radiation of the whole planet....cancer rates raised considerably after those and the nuke testing that was done by Russia and the USA.

Have you not read that the Pacific ocean is basically dying?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

crazyewok

UxoriousMagnus

I would hardly call Japan "meaningless".

Infact thats rather offenisive and Im not even Japanese!

don't care if I offend anyone.....we are talking about foolishly building nuke plants and how it is destroying the planet....not whether you are offended by my use of the word "meaningless".....did you do your homework yet to see how old our plants are and how many are built on fault lines and coast lines?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join