It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman spends 6 weeks trying to disenroll from ObamaCare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Strange things happen when you have a health plan that you bought on the exchange.

A Missouri woman who had been covered by high risk insurance was forced to go to the exchange when her current plan was expiring.

Fine. She did that and then found out she could get a better plan on her own outside the exchange.

She spent 6 weeks trying to get the exchange plan cancelled.

After endless phone calls and numerous emails to the Governor and Congress people, she finally got it straightened out.

And one cool thing is that she is a graduate student finishing her master's in psychology. I bet she could write a whole chapter in political psychology now.

Bureaucratic red tape unraveled !!
Woman spends 6 weeks trying to disenroll from ObamaCare

Think it's hard to enroll in ObamaCare? Try getting out of it.

Missouri resident Lesli Hill learned the hard way that terminating an Affordable Care Act plan can be far more difficult than navigating the website to buy one. She spent six weeks being bounced from operator to operator, calling the help line, using the online chat, blasting out emails to anyone who would listen, before ultimately driving to Kansas City last week to enlist her insurance company's help. Only then was she able to break through the bureaucratic logjam, and cancel her policy.

"It's consumed my whole life," she told FoxNews.com, albeit with a hint of relief in her voice as she described the Kafkaesque experience behind her.

"I felt like I'd slipped into a parallel universe. ... It's just as hard to go off as it is to get on."

Haste makes waste.

cancelcare.gov

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
My Buddy actually had a Heath Care Consultant come out to try to figure out O'care. Basically it's gonna cost him 200 a month more than the private plan he had. Nice as he now gets to pay a $800.00 a month bill for Healthcare on a 2k income. No biggie though as he only has Lupis.

Screw heath care. I will choose to die when it's time. Till then I will pay my "fine" for continuing to be one of Americas uninsured.

Affordable Health Care starts with the removal of insurance company middlemen. Followed by the reduction in the costs of goods and services from providers. Until then it is nothing more than a forced plan to make the insurance companies more money.

It has been an insurance company scam from the start. I have not spoken to one single person that can afford health care that did not already have it. Nor have I seen one single person pay less through the exchanges.

It's all BS.

edit on 20-1-2014 by Mamatus because: added content.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I cant even get my moms healthcare straitened around. It is endless calls and phone tag.
The phone shuffle so to speak. No one at these exchanges want to work for minimum.
Let alone listening to peoples problems all day. They pass me off form one person to the next.
Exchanges dont know what insurance company's are doing and vice versa.
I'm my situation its all because there are two applications open and so they wont let us pay for the premium.

So this comes as no surprise at all to me. Its a giant circle jerk with the people in the middle.

I feel sorry for this lady, hell i feel sorry for us all. They dont care about us. Just more money for big corporations.

Don't forget to be good little boys and girls and pay your dues.

edit on 1/20/2014 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
She should tackle trying to get out of FaceBook. Now that would be a monumental feat!

Perhaps Obama took a lesson from this?

Once you have them, never let them off the hook.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Repeal....Root and Branch.

Then let's pass something that we read first.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Thank God for Fox news. Without them we may have never learned of this breaking story. Oh the hardship this poor woman endured. Please! More propaganda.
edit on 20-1-2014 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

kurthall

Thank God for Fox news. Without them we may have never learned of this breaking story. Oh the hardship this poor woman endured. Please! More propaganda.
edit on 20-1-2014 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

If you support OBCARE...Just say so/

\[Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Why is it, anymore, that the more I hear about Obamacare, this picture comes to mind?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That was hystercial!

Considering all the alien movies was about anti corporatism.

James Cameron hates them.

Aliens!

Should come as no surprise the private sector aint perfect, but it is still better than what the government does.
edit on 20-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Kinda reminds me of this software for PC Cleaning I bought last year that had a 60 day money-back guarantee

Well, after a week of use, I was not happy and requested a refund due to added problems thanks to the product
So I sent them numerous e-mails and each time, they sent me a canned response and I could tell they had no intention of doing as they stated about a refund.

After the 3rd e-mail, I got firm and in all caps stated I.WANT.A.REFUND.
Well, over all I had over 14 letters within the 60 days demanding my money back
And each time I said, 'What part of I want a refund don't you guys understand?'
It was only $29.99 but by now, it was the principle of the matter and I did not like the way they kept blowing me off.

So on the deadline -61 days- I received a letter stating that they would grant me a refund
Cool, I thought, finally

Well that didn't work out
I received a letter from ClikBank that handles the online credit
They claimed that since it was past the 60 day limit, my guarantee was void.
Boy I was pissed!!
It took me a while but I finally got a hold of a live person there at ClikBank and explained my situation

The guy was super nice and asked if I had any e-mails where I had asked for a refund before the 60 days
I was like 'oh hell yeah!'
He gave me his e-mail and told me to forward what I had to him
After the 4th one he e-mailed me back and said 'Okay.... you'll get your refund and apologized for the company doing me that way
Thank goodness for e-mails and the dates on them

Obamacare sounds like a bad virus that you can't get rid of
The lady is lucky she was able to get out of it

------

ETA: Needless to say, I had to send that company one more e-mail to let them know that I did get my money back after all, thank you very much.....and that I appreciated all their wonderful courteous help

edit on 22-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

snarky412
Needless to say, I had to send that company one more e-mail to let them know that I did get my money back after all, thank you very much.....and that I appreciated all their wonderful courteous help.
At least you could get out of it.
Try that with the "ACA" and you still get a bill.

top topics

join