It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIV positive student filmed himself having unprotected sex with more than 30 PEOPLE he met online

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

I posted on page 2 the answer to your question. A straight person can have unprotected sex up to 999 times with someone HIV+ and not get it. Homosexuals is 300. My doctor told me. This is no excuse to not practice safe sex. I'm not sure if this info is in writing on the web....maybe...

The easiest way to get HIV is a direct injection with a needle. You can even be making out with cuts in your mouth and not get it. There are many factors, but the overall message from the medical industry is safe sex.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

I need you to clarify your wording. It is 999 times on average, or up to 999 times.

As in, a low probability exists that someone can go up to 999 times without getting it, or that it's 50/50 at 999 times?

There is a difference. Sorry to be so in need of specifics, but considering the issue at hand, it needs clarity.

Oh, I looked at your post, you didn't extract the correct information from the nurse, else misinterpreted her.

You can get any STD someone else has from a single the boinking. You can also go a while and not get it.

These are irrelevant. What is relevant is the average the boinkings before it being transmitted. I think this is referred to as "rate of transmission".

As is usually needed, I informed myself:

The average rate of HIV transmission was 0.0082/coital act (95% confidence interval [CI], 0.0039–0.0150) within ∼2.5 months after seroconversion of the index partner; 0.0015/coital act within 6–15 months after seroconversion of the index partner (95% CI, 0.0002–0.0055); 0.0007/coital act (95% CI, 0.0005–0.0010) among HIV-prevalent index partners; and 0.0028/coital act (95% CI, 0.0015–0.0041) 6–25 months before the death of the index partner. In adjusted models, early- and late-stage infection, higher HIV load, genital ulcer disease, and younger age of the index partner were significantly associated with higher rates of transmission
Linky

Depending on when you are the boinking relative to the stage of your partners condition, the rate of transmission varies, from an average of 1/1428 - 1/122 .

Basically, you have a low chance of catching it at any stage, from a single the boinking, but it can STILL happen at any one session of funzies.
edit on 21-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
As a nurse, I've taken care of many people who had AIDS and something I've noticed is that most people with AIDS are just like anyone else with any other illness/disease. Some take more precautions than others to prevent infecting their fellow man. However, if the HIV- infected person has AIDS dementia (not everyone infected with HIV gets the dementia aspect) then THOSE people will deliberately try to infect any and everyone they meet. Whenever I take care of someone diagnosed with AIDS dementia, I am actively defensive because I know that at some point they WILL try to cause a needle stick, spit in my face, urinate in my eyes, something!

As far as AIDS not being considered as big a deal as it once was, I noticed during a parent-teacher conference that sex education classes (at least in Oklahoma) are forbidden to mention HIV at all. When I questioned the reasoning for that since other sexually transmitted diseases are allowed to be mentioned, I was told by the teacher that they've asked the same question and have been told that it's due to discrimination against gays since HIV is primarily associated with homosexual activity. That is a patently ridiculous premise, imho, since anyone can get HIV, not just gays. And when did diseases (not people with them but the disease itself) become politically protected?

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join