It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIV positive student filmed himself having unprotected sex with more than 30 PEOPLE he met online

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Dianec
reply to post by flammadraco

I had no idea there was even more than one strain! Thanks for the information.

There are at least 60 different strains of HIV-1 (human immunodeficiency virus). HIV-1 types have the shortest development period, rapidly growing from an infection to AIDS in about five years, when compared to other strains.

www.natureworldnews.com...

I think there is both a good and a bad for AZT or whatever they are using today. They keep the disease at bay but this may make a way for the disease to get stronger, resistance can develop, and it allows more of an opportunity for the disease to spread.

And thank you for the comment about my friend. I believe he was on AZT (or there were studies being done on it at the time and he was participating). I can't remember. It didn't help him much based on how he quickly he went downhill. Maybe it wasn't fine tuned at that time so was ineffective.

Anytime

HIV patients can also catch more than one strain, a patient could be on a course of antiviral drugs that works with one strain and not the other. It gets rather complicated with medication and your more likely to succumb to the disease.

The new Anti viral drugs actually makes the virus hide and it becomes dormant in bone marrow, giving the patient the ability to increase their T Cells.

Unfortunatly like you I have had friends pass away from this disease and so thankful now that the generation of today actually have medication that can help. Shame it came to late for some people.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

flammadraco

People newly diagnosed with HIV today can expect a normal life expectancy if they are diagnosed early and receive treatment.

Isn't that assuming costly multiple daily doses of medications over decades upon decades will somehow be made availably without interruption for the diseased's lifetime? (And how do most die, anyways?)

It seems to me, people have forgotten that regardless of what miracles the US med-pharma industry comes up with to extend peoples lives some, HIV remains human IMMUNOSUPPRESSIVE virus that deactives the human immune response that is necessary to overcome the common cold, and plethora of other pathogens the human body is exposed to but relies on a healthy immune system to overcome.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by flammadraco

I failed to stay up to date with knowledge on this for a long time. It's still hard to believe one can live a full life with it. As far a stigma goes - it still exists. When my friend was ill a part of his bitterness was that his boyfriend had left him and he had not contracted the disease - and my friend told me he had been 100% faithful to him. He believed it was due to the stigma (I would say more than that but for sure that too).

When someone had this disease it's my opinion they should tell another before sleeping with them. I also think its a good idea to let a friend know you have the flu before letting them take a drink out of your cup but that's just me. If we can avoid spreading "any" illness to another why not do so.
The only reason I can think this guy might have done what he is accused of - the stigma attached - no one would ever sleep with him again unless love was involved - and maybe he felt that wouldn't happen.

Everyone needs to be more responsible with sex. Wear condoms if just have to sleep with as many people as possible - or just hold off for the right person (unless that's too old fashioned for this day and age).

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

First, it's not explicitly stated that they would like to decriminalize the boinking without informing your partner you're infected before 3rd hand or vag. That may very well be the case, but it's not all too clear from what I read.

Second, what is the exact science today? How many average boinkings are needed to transfer the virus? I think there was some points which have validity. The current average notion of HIV/AIDS is based on the fear that was present during the 80's, based on what little we knew, and what little we could do for it. We've vastly improved in both domains. You get on the drugs, and don't have to much worry in most cases. Yes, you could have one of the newer more virilant strains, and yes, your genes could be on the poo-end of the stick for dealing with the virus, but overall most HIV people keep on a keepin' on.

Third, I somewhat agree. I think that, despite all of the improvements, people should still look down unprotected, and promiscuous sex in general. I don't think that we should be looking down on people with HIV/AIDS in general, though. I'm for the criminalization of someone who knew they were infected, and choose not to inform their partner beforehand.

Lastly, I'm for two individuals to spread around their nasties to each other, if they inform each other of what they have to offer, and don't mind. Plenty of messed up people out there who get off (literally) on knowing they are the boinking with bunches of nasties to go around. As long as it's consensual, let them do their best to die out early. Toothless methwhores worldwide agree with me on this one.

edit on 20-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This sounds suspicious. There is a lot going on with healthcare conspiracy, IMO.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Thanks so much to everyone for such good input…not only about the story but about the disease and it's implications.
Really great stuff!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Second, what is the exact science today? How many average boinkings are needed to transfer the virus?
reply to post by webedoomed

One

Transferred through bodily fluids such as those present during sex, blood, mucous, breast milk, and amniotic fluid.
Ways to contact HIV/AIDS - Blood transfusions (although all blood donations are screened); sexual intercourse; open sores touching anyone else's sores, blood, bodily fluids (other than saliva); sharing needles; carrying a child while having the infection - may pass it on. Those are the only ways I know of. But it only takes one time.

You probably already know this but everyone a person has sex with probably has a history - so...your essentially sleeping with everyone they slept with - and every person those people slept with and so forth. That is why HIV spreads. I don't know how fast they can detect it today but back when it was fairly new it took 3-6 months for it to show up. So the 30 or so men he exposed - who have they been with since? And who have those people been with. This may not have only infected 30 others.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

You can't be serious.

I think you misread what I said.

How many the boinkings, ON AVERAGE, does it take to transfer HIV/AIDS?

Not how many times does it take, TO POSSIBLY catch HIV/AIDS.

If your number is still less than 2, I know not to trust you as a reliable source of information.

A follow up question. How many people have HIV that lays dormant, and can't be detected? As in, how many people's immune system effectively fight the virus into hiding? Do we even have a clue?

A follow up to my follow up: what about can be detected, but never become symptomatic?

I get the impression this virus is more related to lifestyle choices in general, not just the boinking in the bum.

As in, you tend to get tested once you're symptomatic, which may happen more to the boinking lots, and not taking care of yourself in general

(see: toothless methwhore previous post)
edit on 20-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
That's murder,it IS on the books.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

webedoomed
A follow up question. How many people have HIV that lays dormant, and can't be detected? As in, how many people's immune system effectively fight the virus into hiding? Do we even have a clue?

Yep. About ZERO. HIV is not directly detected ... antibodies are. If your immune system suppresses the virus, antibodies will still be detectable. Some folks will tell you that since HIV is an autoimmune infection, your immune system won't function because that is exactly what is under attack.

webedoomed
A follow up to my follow up: what about can be detected, but never become symptomatic?

A better question ... and one TPTB don't want to talk about. Modern medicine has, to date, defeated exactly ZERO viruses. They run their course. TPTB don't want the general public to think about this (viral infections 'running their course') because they lose all of the fear-mongering power they've worked so hard to gain.

Were I to be accidentally left 'in charge' for just a few minutes, there would be a lot of lying tongues cut out of worthless throats.

webedoomed
I get the impression this virus is more related to lifestyle choices in general, not just the boinking in the bum.

Wishful thinking.
I still can't believe this guy boinked 30+ people (secretly) on video. That, in itself, is depraved.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Dianec
I don't know how fast they can detect it today

In about an hour.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Nevermind, I informed myself. You're correct, the antibodies will still show up even when the virus lies dormant. The antibodies from any virus will continue to be pumped out by the immune system, increasing in quantity as need be (within it's capabilities).

edit on 21-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Having looked at the video, and the articles and the postings the following can be stated:

In this day and age, with all of the nasty bugs that are out there, the question is what is the responsibility of both parties involved in having sex? While what this man did was wrong, of that there can be no doubt. But the other people who were recorded, the question is did they willingly participate in risky behavior that could have led to them being infected with a few STD’s?

While the laws are very clear cut that someone who has HIV must reveal his or her status, before engaged in sexual activities, it also should be that a person who engages in risky sexual activities should also bear some of that burden. The mindset should be first and foremost, that if a person is going to have sex, they should be under the belief that the person that they are getting intimate with, has any and every STD out there and demand that they engage in safe sex. If they did not, then they should take some of the responsibility for the risks and the results of that behavior.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

webedoomed
Is this incorrect thinking?

Yup.

webedoomed
Which proves my point above. This "running the course" means they bunker up and stop fighting until reactivated when the body is in a weakened state. They can reactivate years, or even decades later.

That would be AIDS ... and people DO die from AIDS ... just not as many as those infected with HIV (see Magic Johnson). Why the medical community claimed to have defeated the virus in him ... is absolutely beyond belief.

webedoomed
An hour to get your results after being tested, or an hour after the boinking in which you can be properly tested for the virus?

An hour after you develop symptoms similar to what is experienced by many after a flu vaccination. This may, in fact, be years after the boinking. No one can tell you if you're 'hot' prior to being tested positive, but I suspect that is the case all too often.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I'm reading in general it will show up within 6 months, but will take your word that it can take longer.

Oh man, that really changes my view on the virus.

So when a woman tells me she only has hep-c, and I'm willing to take the risk with a condom... I could very well be taking more of a risk than just getting hep-c

Glad I choose to cut her out my life instead of the boinking.

Thanks for the info.
edit on 21-1-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

gardener

flammadraco

People newly diagnosed with HIV today can expect a normal life expectancy if they are diagnosed early and receive treatment.

Isn't that assuming costly multiple daily doses of medications over decades upon decades will somehow be made availably without interruption for the diseased's lifetime? (And how do most die, anyways?)

It seems to me, people have forgotten that regardless of what miracles the US med-pharma industry comes up with to extend peoples lives some, HIV remains human IMMUNOSUPPRESSIVE virus that deactives the human immune response that is necessary to overcome the common cold, and plethora of other pathogens the human body is exposed to but relies on a healthy immune system to overcome.

The cost of these drugs are going down all the time, when the patents run out they will be even cheaper as other companies will be able to make them.

Whilst the rest if your post is nearly accurate, the antiviral drugs today suppress the virus into a dormant state meaning the body's immune system is able to function and improve.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It does not take six months anymore for antibodies to appear from infection

The "window period," or the time it takes for antibodies to develop, usually ranges from 2 to 8 weeks following exposure. The average is 25 days, though some individuals will take longer to produce detectable antibodies.

A lot of info being given on this thread is years out of date
edit on 21.1.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

edit on 21.1.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

edit on 21.1.2014 by flammadraco because: grammer

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Don't let him in the olympics

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Snarl

Dianec
I don't know how fast they can detect it today

In about an hour.

Yup.

Used to work on the virus. If there was a accident you had 1 hour to get to the hospital and take a crap load of anti virals. If you did that it didnt set up. After the hour that was it HIV has set up its home for life.
edit on 21-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

When I was in college a girl I was close with said she had a friend that had herpes and was intentionally trying to give it to men. I thought wtf! But she later stated that she felt it was psychological...like if more people had it then it wouldnt be a big deal she had it. Eventually she did indeed give it to some guy and they later got married and both have it haha....so weird. This all through stories though, but thought it was an interesting one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join