It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIV positive student filmed himself having unprotected sex with more than 30 PEOPLE he met online

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Mamatus
Michael Johnson is a sick dickhead...... Wanna bet is was "revenge" for getting HIV in the first place?

Exactly! It's not like a sexophile is going to admit it feels that way...

but ACTIONS speak louder than WORDS

I don't buy the 'didnt know excuse' because when you're that promiscuous that you FILMED UPROTECTED SEX WITH 30 PPL it's obvious you don't give a damn what you're spreading around, anyways

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
And the band played on. This is like that flight attendant guy who was spreading it - patient zero for the U. S.

Then it spread via bathhouses and gay brothels in cities like New York and San Francisco in the 80's. In a health class I took in the early 90's this was pretty much all the instructor talked about. He was completely freaked about where HIV/AIDS would go.

I had a childhood friend die of this. Came to stay with me at the end of his life. I remember knowing in my head that it couldn't spread via toilet seats, utensils, etc - (living in close quarters) but he was so deathly ill I recall (shamefully) feeling fearful of catching it. I did not let my fears be known but I'm sure he picked up on it at some points - was young and much less was known about it. I've never seen someone look so much like death - ever. This disease has to be the absolute worst of this generation.

To spread it on purpose - the guy has no faith that perhaps something better is on the other side - also bitter and spiteful. I will say my childhood friend was bitter about it - was not sleeping with others but behaved as if the world owed him an explanation. I think today I see it differently. He was likely full of shame and loneliness - life was over yet he was still walking around. No one wanted to be near him due to the evidence of AIDS. He just stayed inside. It is one of the saddest memories I have.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm against branding people but that has a limit as well what this guy has done makes me want it branded on his face due to the fact he can't seem to tell them on his own.

Honestly I can't think of a good enough punishment. Perhaps lock him away off all medication so this disease can run it's course.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Sorry to hear about your childhood friend, and how nice of you to take them into your home at the end of their life, karma to you.

The antiviral drugs now available for HIV are that good that your more likely to die from diabetes. HIV is now a controllable condition. However there are new strains of the virus and the most scary one (I think it's called the Brazilian strain) is that potent, it goes from infection to full blown AIDS in 6 months. No antiviral drugs are effective at the moment, as scary in my mind as the start of the eighties.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
So after reading more about this,

ohnson told detectives that over the past year he has had five to 10 sexual partners. Documents said Johnson neither wore a condom nor told the partners that he has HIV. Two of them asked Johnson if he has any diseases, to which he said no.

He is an unrepentant liar.

The man told police that he was diagnosed with HIV and gonorrhea about a month after he and Johnson had sex in Johnson’s dorm on the Lindenwood campus, according to court records.

He doesn't appear to care about anyone, including himself.

I think he is going to deserve worse than what he actually gets.

Source

And thanks for the additional sources OP!
edit on 20-1-2014 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I just hope they keep him away from the general population in prison.

United States in only country where more men are raped than women, because of the prison society we now have.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This story is crazy, wow, so sad. A few months ago I was dating a nurse who I met online and she told me a story of someone knowingly spreading HIV. I had never heard an actual account of this before.

A man and a woman in a relationship were living together. The woman became really sick and her boyfriend would ask her, what's the matter? She would make things up, even told him she has cancer, but then eventually told him the truth that she was HIV positive.

The HIV positive man and nurse who told me this story are mutual friends through a tae kwon do class.

My relationship with the nurse ended quickly, in terms of I wasn't what she had been looking for. Oddly enough, we both got tested while we were dating and showed eachother our results.

After we broke up, I went back to my doctor and told her about this HIV story. Apparently depending if you are straight or not, there is a certain number of times you can have sex with someone who is positive before you get it. I found that pretty interesting. I think straight was 999 times, and gay was 300 times. Of course it just takes one mistake, but apparently there is some medical science behind why you can have so many different unprotected intercourses and not get it.

edit on 20-1-2014 by game over man because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2014 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The US has the highst rate of STD's of any developed nation!

It's the same stupid people with the same lack of common sense who are the boinking without protection.

Now, if only the STD's could be more aggressive and just wipe out stupidity once and for all.

Instead, they're staying healthy enough to remain sexually active, and wrecking havoc on an already over-burdened health care system.

Boo!!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by flammadraco

They were. The thing is that there has been a push on to decriminalize and destigmatize people who are HIV positive so that they don't feel bad. You know because people like this guy obviously shouldn't be made to feel any shame over their HIV status and what they have done about it whatsoever.

There is a reason why it remains a criminal act to know you are HIV positive and to knowingly have unprotected sex with uninfected partners. HIV still winds up killing you in the end.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

freakjive
This is the type of scum that I fully believe in the death penalty for.

Michael Johnson, 22, was charged with exposing gay lover to HIV

Police discover 32 sex tapes showing Johnson and a string of other people

Most films were made in room at Lindenwood University in St. Charles, Missouri, police said 31 unidentified men are captured in the explicit tapes

Investigation launched after a man claimed he caught HIV from Johnson

An HIV positive student accused of exposing a gay lover to the disease allegedly filmed himself having unprotected sex with other men in his university dorm room, police have claimed.

Detectives investigating Michael Johnson, 22, say they have seized a cache of videos allegedly filmed covertly showing him with a string of, as yet, unidentified people he picked up via social media.

Officers fear Johnson may have had intimate contact with more than 30 other men who might not know they are at risk of sexual diseases.

Sickening!

I hear ya. This is the kind of person the death penalty is for... How evil are you that you expose a terminal illness to 30+ people and film it. This IMHO is the equivalent of a serial killer...his methods just take longer. Those poor people.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

ketsuko

They were. The thing is that there has been a push on to decriminalize and destigmatize people who are HIV positive so that they don't feel bad. You know because people like this guy obviously shouldn't be made to feel any shame over their HIV status and what they have done about it whatsoever.

There is a reason why it remains a criminal act to know you are HIV positive and to knowingly have unprotected sex with uninfected partners. HIV still winds up killing you in the end.

Not sure how to take your post, in one way I agree with you with regards to it should be illegal to infect another person knowingly and without telling their sexual partner their status.

Not so sure about your comment about the stigma attached to people with HIV. The sad thing is a lot of Children, women who have been raped etc that have contracted the disease through no fault of their own as well as these thirty partners of this selfish guy in the OP. Surely its a good thing that these people do not feel stigmatised by other people, or shame as you mention?
edit on 20.1.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
And so the question is.. How many more hundreds, thousands of Johnsons are there out there, in our US population of 300million?

1 in 5 Gay/Bi men have HIV AND DON'T KNOW IT:

www.webmd.com...

Again, my comment is since you're promiscuously screwing around or having unprotected sex with multiple partners, as well as mainstream media mentioning the statistics like the above here and there in public view, who are you kidding that 'you don't know' you're one of the TENS of THOUSANDS of more new Americans who contract HIV every year?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The thing is that they want to decriminalize things like this because they think it will help the stigma attached to people with HIV.

I'm sorry, but things like this deserve to have a stigma attached to them. If that causes some spillover onto others who are positive and doing things right, well, that can't be helped and I'm sorry about it. But, you tell me, which is worse: decriminalizing what this piece of trash did in order to spare any perceived hurt to these mythical others who may or may not exist or leaving the penalties in place and risking some potential spillover to those others that really can't be quantified?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I had no idea there was even more than one strain! Thanks for the information.

There are at least 60 different strains of HIV-1 (human immunodeficiency virus). HIV-1 types have the shortest development period, rapidly growing from an infection to AIDS in about five years, when compared to other strains.

www.natureworldnews.com...

I think there is both a good and a bad for AZT or whatever they are using today. They keep the disease at bay but this may make a way for the disease to get stronger, resistance can develop, and it allows more of an opportunity for the disease to spread.

And thank you for the comment about my friend. I believe he was on AZT (or there were studies being done on it at the time and he was participating). I can't remember. It didn't help him much based on how he quickly he went downhill. Maybe it wasn't fine tuned at that time so was ineffective.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Obviously there isn't enough stigma to stop tens of thousands of new HIV diagnoses in American every year.

It's startling to know US has the highest infection rate than any other developed nation.

The question is why? I say, arrogance. They will pretend they don't know when they damn well know, and actually want to spread it all around.

Does anyone recall Spain's epidemic of folks getting HIV just to go on public aid? That's how pathetic HIV has become, with the advent of 'cocktails' and special medical preference for HIV patients, society has lost sight of how HIV is contracted and why it is being spread.

Just wait until this mutates (or is deviantly mutated) and becomes an airborne contagion. Then you're see stigma.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

You present a false dichotomy, in relation to the question at hand.

There are three things you're attempting to combine into two.

1. Stigma of STD's.

2. Criminalization of knowingly spreading STD's to unsuspecting victims.

3. Decriminalization of knowingly spreading STD's to unsuspecting victims.

Who is this "they" which are trying to decriminalize this?

How does 1, relate to 2, or 3?

It doesn't. You can either have the stigma or not, and still have 2, or 3.

You can have a cultural more which does not relate to a legal law.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
In 2012, less than 1% of people living with a diagnosed HIV infection in the UK died. This is about the same as for the UK population as a whole.

People newly diagnosed with HIV today can expect a normal life expectancy if they are diagnosed early and receive treatment.

- See more at: www.nat.org.uk...

HIV if caught early enough is no longer a death sentence that some folk have mentioned in this thread, especially in the Western World. That is by no means trying to undermine what Johnson has done and he should have the full force of the law used against him. Just trying to correct some info on this thread. 

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

ketsuko

The thing is that they want to decriminalize things like this because they think it will help the stigma attached to people with HIV.

I'm sorry, but things like this deserve to have a stigma attached to them. If that causes some spillover onto others who are positive and doing things right, well, that can't be helped and I'm sorry about it. But, you tell me, which is worse: decriminalizing what this piece of trash did in order to spare any perceived hurt to these mythical others who may or may not exist or leaving the penalties in place and risking some potential spillover to those others that really can't be quantified?

Sorry for my ignorance, been a long day. I don't understand what you are saying, are you saying the society should treat people with HIV as shameful despite some sufferers contracting the disease through no fault of their own? So in your reasoning because of animals like Johnson, everyone else should be stigmatised?

Let's put this another way, a guy with syphilis infects numerous partners knowingly and without informing his partners. Some people miss the first two stages of this disease or just think its something else, the third stage is death if not treated and this can happen within ten years from infection. In your opinion should everyone with syphilis be treated in the same way as a HiV patient with a stigma?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

Sen. Chris Coons of the Senate Judiciary seeking to override state laws penalizing things like what we're discussing.

“It’s simply not fair that someone having been diagnosed with a chronic, treatable medical condition should automatically be subjected to a different set of criminal laws,” Coons said. “A disturbing number of state and local criminal laws pertaining to individuals with HIV/AIDS are rooted not in science, but in outdated fear. They run counter to effective public health strategies, discourage HIV testing, and perpetuate unfair stigma and discrimination against people living with HIV/AIDS – people who are our friends, family, and neighbors.”

“Rather than recognizing that HIV/AIDS is a treatable medical condition, these laws perpetuate the idea that HIV is a deadly weapon and people with HIV/AIDS are dangerous criminals,” he continued. “Our laws need to catch up to our science, and this bill would take an important step in that direction.”

Coons said his bill, which would require an interagency review of federal and state laws that criminalize certain actions by people living with HIV, came about because of charges levied against HIV-positive defendants including aggravated assault, attempted murder, and bioterrorism.

His bill complements a House effort introduced in May by Reps. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) and Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.), which expresses the sense of Congress that federal and state laws “not place unique or additional burdens on such individuals solely as a result of their HIV status.”

I guess the way these fine congresscritters see it. This guy "just wanted to have sex." Where is the responsibility he has to other human beings? If he knew he had HIV, he has some degree of responsibility to his partners. I don't care if he feels it stigmatizes him ... he's sick. It should carry some degree of stigma. Most healthy people don't want to get sick and will do what they can to avoid getting ill, even if that means not having sex with this guy.

In this day and age, there is no reason to carry any stigma any further than that or not sharing a needle ...

I mean, is it an unfair stigma for the local hospital or nursing home to keep you from visiting grandma if you feel sick? Is that an "unfair stigma" related to a treatable condition?

Honestly, this guy deserves at least to be charged with assault.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This is an interesting case from a legal point of view...and a
moral POV as well.

Legally he should be charged with 30 counts of attempted
murder with malice aforethought.
This crime is very similar in nature to disseminating anthrax
(or some other deadly biological agent) in a public place. Not
only that, but this man's actions were "terroristic" in nature
(as much as I hate to use that word) and it should be considered
whether or not he should be charged with terrorism.

Morally, I've always felt the punishment should fit the crime,
And in this instance he has ruined the lives of 30 people. The few
that will eventually contract the disease is apparent, but of those
not infected, the enjoyment of the sexuality of the rest of their
lives will be destroyed, as well as their peace of mind.

That is ALOT of harm to answer for.

I'd say he has given up his right to freedom for the rest of his
life. The death penalty wouldn't be too far off the mark either.
edit on 20-1-2014 by rival because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join