It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Motivates You To Participate In A Holographic Universe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I have seen many posts regarding the universe being a illusion or hologram. I have always felt that the physical universe is no more real than the dreams I have when I am sleeping. The problem I have is the more I embrace this idea, the less I feel like participating in life. What is the point of participating in a world where nothing is real?

Now I believe the people in the world are real and treating them with respect and kindness is important, but this alone isn't enough to make me want to immerse myself in this life of illusion. How does one maintain a passion for a hologram?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Nothing motivates me. I'm just passing the time until I die.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Metallicus
I have seen many posts regarding the universe being a illusion or hologram. I have always felt that the physical universe is no more real than the dreams I have when I am sleeping. The problem I have is the more I embrace this idea, the less I feel like participating in life. What is the point of participating in a world where nothing is real?

Now I believe the people in the world are real and treating them with respect and kindness is important, but this alone isn't enough to make me want to immerse myself in this life of illusion. How does one maintain a passion for a hologram?

Well.... since there is no free will, we are all just "riders on the bus." What you are examining right now (and what I am responding to) is simply a very small part of a complex 4 dimensional movie. Everything is scripted as far as I am concerned. If civilization is supposed to fail, it will. If we are going to have an ELE or be invaded by aliens, we will. I don't think there is a lot any of us can do about it, except maybe search inside ourselves to see if we can figure out a way to peek behind the curtain of virtual reality. However, if any of us manages to do that, it's just part of the script anyway.

ETA: Just as an added note, I am quite sure that if you could talk to our "wardens," meaning the people with all the money and power, you would find that there is a "Play Book" for our civilization. I think we have been through this many times in the past where our civilizations have grown only to collapse under their own weight ushering in a new ice age and period of cleansing and forgetting our past for the most part. So, enjoy the ride if you can and look at the scenery every once in a while.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/20.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: the ETA

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

I was hoping you would tell me life is not as depressing as it appears. Instead you confirmed my feelings. Ouch!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Metallicus

AfterInfinity

I was hoping you would tell me life is not as depressing as it appears. Instead you confirmed my feelings. Ouch!

You give your own life meaning.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The best thing about living in a holographic universe is that I can make my penis any size I want.

Ducks from Admins

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

In no particular order.......my wife and kids, beer, sex, my WRX, travelling, eating nice food, meeting interesting people and beer.

No, there is no mistake in mentioning that twice.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

That is the ultimate question each person will eventually come to ask themselves somewhere along the line.

But the answer is more difficult to come by. Its going to be a unique answer as well, per the individual asking the question. Everyone came here (and continues to return) for different reasons, though some may be very similar to one another.

I personally echo your sentiment: what is the point if its all unreal? And for me as well, Im not sure what compelled me to come here, but I have some ideas.

Ultimately I think my personal presence comes to down a desire to co-build a masterpiece, akin to creating a true work of art and beauty, using strange materials and odd methods, which I think epitomizes what the universe is made of and its functional laws. That, I think, is the most plausible explanation for why I started to play this game, so to speak.

More recently, as in the past several thousands or tens of thousand years, I have a stronger feeling that I have continued to return, ie incarnate, here on Earth to recapture something that was present long ago, a powerful potential, but never reached its ultimate expression and fell apart too soon, of course due to human error. That old place with that potential I like to call Atlantis, whether the name technically would fit or not, which is always debatable.

I think America was the best shot at recapturing that old potential, and truly creating an interactive, global work of both abstract and concrete art in the form of both spirit and material. I feel I was here since the beginning, the revolutionary war, and most recently WW2. But seeing how things have progressed, and seeing what has manifested which can only be a result of the true heart desires of a people, I sense that, once again, Im riding a sinking ship on a course to rock bottom. The deja vu is subtle, but present.

Ive thought about it a long time, and Im fairly convinced that the above is true for me. Knowing that, I plan to not return after this particular life is over to this place. I think the art project, as it were, has utterly failed, and is beyond redemption at this point in time.

For me, its time to find a new canvas with new artists to co-create with. Coming to that decision has probably taken many, many lifetimes. Ive come to accept the world is what it is: the manifest will of the people, and that its not what I desire now, in the past, or ever will, and that its time to move on.

Ill chalk the lifetimes on this planet up to being learning experiences.

Unfortunately I nor anyone else can directly guide you to find YOUR reason for being here. But I do hope by giving my own interpretation and thoughts of why I am here, it will indirectly help you along as well.

edit on 1/20/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Hologram is a bad analogy.

Instead, think of it like the light of a mental image. The light is the body or image of the manifested thought. It is the image of conceptualization.

A hologram suggests that there is a physical reality separate from the reality in which we live -- as if our reality is not real, but the light, along with thought and will, is what makes up physicality.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Metallicus

The words "I" "me" and "one" are ego-words spoken by the portion of your entity that inhabits this hologram. But that part has no real control over participating or not participating, unless you count self-destruction, which won't really do anything to the hologram itself or even your participation in it. You'll just change your perspective and probably say, "Hmm, I wish I hadn't done that." because you'll probably have to start all over again.

Inn other words, your personal passion is irrelevant. We may "live" in a very totalitarian and dictatorial universe that suffers us the illusion of free-will. Whether or not that is true doesn't matter all that much. The real point is that we are not in control.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What motivates me to participate is human interaction, bringing joy to another being. Enriching the life of another, relieving another of emotional "hell" and turmoil. Being love and truth in action.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If this is illusion than we clearly have no concept of reality. If reality defines this existence as illusion than we do not know illusion either. Pretty simply huh?

The only way you can dislike this existence is if you are living someone else's life. Like me!

We need to break out, hurt those we are afraid will be hurt by us living as we wish. That's the sacrifice. Us or them.
We've put ourselves first by putting ourselves second, in the service of others that would object to our authentic lives. Ultimately we are serving ourselves by attempting to earn karma and love via self sacrifice. It's a double edged sword on both ends.

Bottom line, you are going to start living when you kill this false life. Indeed, the life we know, is an illusion until we get real. Unfortunately, those we love will be seen as suffering when we thrive. Tell me how to fix that and I'll gladly step into a life full of my every wish being filled.
edit on 20-1-2014 by Atlantican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The "experiance" is what is most enjoyable and "hair pulling", though more enjoyable pending perception.

Like, experiancing in this lifetime (Pending, perception of spirituality) becoming a father, growing old, possibly being fired, "doozing" it with many counterparts until I found someone I want to spend the rest of this existence with.

Lastly, dying! Jumping ship whenever it rounds my dock, and voyaging to the unknown! Or is it??? Dun dun dun!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Stop thinking of life and reality as a 'hologram' - iit is not.
you have a real existance and presence and it is this you need to rekindle in yoursel. MAKE your own meaning. life can be amazing and awesome by thinking positively and sowing the seeds for your own long and short term future. come down to earth and find your (inner) core.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

the problem is that we have all be taught that we NEED motivation to participate in life.. and to me this is not much different than telling bald people that they would have more hair if they just TRIED harder to grow their hair..

everyone is taught they must feel "swooped up" by inspiration to do anything of real worth but i say this is a bunch of crap and definitely part of "the conspiracy" we've all heard so much about haha..

If you are uncomfortable with the idea that "nothing is real" then simply try the other extreme where "EVERYTHING IS REAL" and see how that fits haha. This means: Scooby Doo and Stephen Hawking are equally real to you and i (unless of course you know Hawking by some chance haha) and your imagination communicates information that is just as "factual" and "real" as your eyes and ears.. people tend to ignore this, and usually it manifests as bizarre experiences which seem to be in the external world, but have their origins inside of the psyche.

personally, I'm satisfied with neither of these extremes and i find that one must oscillate between them, depending on your intents and purposes..

but instead of feeling "motivated" or "driven" to do something, just DO what you WANT to do.. even if that includes eating ice cream all day and watching every Twilight Zone episode.. twice..!

just remember: IGNORE ANY GUILT...

once you have followed your intent to its "conclusion", you will find that it gains momentum like dominos and suddenly there is nothing in your life that you do not openly welcome..

edit on 20-1-2014 by HyphenSt1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

We indeed do live in what might be understood as a hologram. How we perceive it is most certainly a lie.

Consider the world on an atomic scale. What is there in an atom if not pure energy itself floating in space? Every thing upon this earth and the earth itself is mostly space peppered with particles whirling about a nucleus of energy, either attracted to or repelling each other depending upon their charge and vibrating at different frequencies. If they didn't, a thrown rock would pass through a window instead of breaking it.

No solid is truly solid but our eyes only see the big picture and we assume it to be reality. When it comes right down to people, we are mostly H20 with a few mineral elements thrown in to give us a solid structure, otherwise, should one bump into another, instead of a thump, it would be a slosh.

Why we exist in such a hologram is the Great Unanswered Question, of course, and any number of old men on mountains are there to answer that better than I, but I think our purpose is to experience and experiment with that perceived reality. I'm rolling with that...

edit on 20/1/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

What you are examining right now (and what I am responding to) is simply a very small part of a complex 4 dimensional movie.

Apparently many of us are suffering an existential crisis (myself included.)

One thing is for sure though, when I get out of this hologram I'm going to punch the designer in his 4th dimensional nose for making such a crappy simulation.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
[Certaii] Metallicus

Think of it like this. You're here because your higher self decided it was best for you / it. You're here to play a role, Evolve, and or support other organisms in the unfolding of the cosmic universe. In order for the magic to happen, Certain events and processes are necessary. You gotta pay the cost to be the boss. Nothing is free, and the artistic sculpturing of consciousness in this hologram takes an immense amount of time/energy and energy conversions to process. And of course, some of this energy may have to go through unpleasant experiences in order to grow and feel different states of existence which helps to expand Consciousness.

The way it's designed is to be infinite in possibilities macro to microcosmically so as to be a game that lasts for eternity and be ever self sustaining/new. Part of what keeps the illusion going is cyclical activities which keeps phenomena balanced and the laws of nature which are God's laws. It is possible that the universe will reach a point where everything is in perfect balance and the strings having tension that creates the illusion of time that are gradually becoming less tense will lose all tension at the peak of the universes expansion and either one there will be a state of infinite perfection or two the universe will reverse it's expansion at that point and begin to devolve back to the point of the big bang and do it all over again. Hopefully not in the exact same sequence of events as that would mean free will is also an illusion and that we're Slave to the cycle of energy expansion and contraction.
How long does it take for god to realize he's god and how long til he's bores of being god and wants to experience vulnerability again so he can re remember who he is later and get a high off it. Just saying everything worth having took time and energy because that's what gave it significance. So far we are I ams greatest creation
How does that make you feel
Life worth living now?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

One thing is for sure though, when I get out of this hologram I'm going to punch the designer in his 4th dimensional nose for making such a crappy simulation.

You don't like getting your nose punched. That's why you are stuck in here. It's "safe".

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You ever experience the maddening sensation there was something you were supposed to do that you wanted to get done or accomplished but forgot?

manifestation does not occur without deliberate intention the whole hapless where here anyway and nothing here matters bs can gloriusly be dispelled by you pinching yourself.

This isnt a dream this is a life you intended to create and accomplish for better or worse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join