It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sex offenders..how would you deal with them?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Why should we the taxpayers have to support those people for the rest of their natural lives--to the tune of $50,000 per year in the US?

That--too--is crazy.

Besides, somebody might survive the arctic; but he'd sure have to be in touch with God, to do so.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I have told this story a couple times but its worth repeating.

We had a baby raper move into our neighborhood, back when my kids were small. We let him know that people like him werent welcome around here but he didnt liston and one night a few guys in ski masks busted into his home and beat him pretty bad. He could not ID the men and none of us saw anything.

When he got out of the hospital he moved FAR away

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rbailey7160
When I was married to my first husband, he would "rape" me when I was sick in bed with 102 degree fever or was on the rag. It didn't matter to him how I felt. (yeah, he was a crappy lover) So I belive that a wife can be raped by her husband. If we say no, we mean NO! And if the husband forces himself on the wife, then it's rape in my eyes.

I agree. Just because you are married is not a free ticket to TAKE what you want, I was just saying that ALL men are not like that

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
ALL men are not rapists--thank God.

But rape is a problem that society has to deal with because a strong man can overcome nearly any woman's strength or will to say NO.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
i can't believe we are all discussing such barbaric punishments! No matter the crime, we are a civilized society! Law is reason free from passion, remember?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by General Zapata
i can't believe we are all discussing such barbaric punishments! No matter the crime, we are a civilized society! Law is reason free from passion, remember?

Apparently we've all put that on temporary hiatus until further notice.

You can take the monkey out of the jungle, but you can't....

Well, you know.

[edit on 23-11-2004 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
You can take the monkey out of the jungle, but you can't....

When you dedicate your self to the abusing of the weakest members of society for fun you have given up any right to civilizations protections.

If you dont want to be treated like an animal dont act like one

LL1

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
They need to be removed from society.

I wonder how many of those who are lenient have children????

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

Castration and a term in prison. With no future desire for sex the problem would be solved.

[edit on 23-11-2004 by Kriz_4]

I'm with you!

I was reading the posters on the wall at my vets office, and the one about why you should neuter your dog was hilarious. Neutering (castration) prevents them from impregnating, lowers testosterone related hostility and aggression, stops unwanted mounting (I guess rape could be considered unwanted mounting), and stops most roaming. There were some other health benefits like less risk of cancer too.

Seems like it's more humane than some punishments. The guy might even be eligible for work release someday if he's permanently unable to commit that crime again. It seems wacked to either house these people on our dime until they die, or spend all this money trying to reintegrate them into society. I think they should either be executed or castrated, depending on severity of the crime. And I mean out and out violent crimes beyond all shadow of a doubt. Not the cases where it could be overturned some day and the perp is already dead.

I've lived near a couple sex offenders. One of them's house was burnt down, and the other was murdered by someone they never caught. There are better way to handle this.

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
I wonder how many of those who are lenient have children????

since when does having children make you less civilized?

Also, as i mentioned before, what about those that are wrongly convicted. If this whole rape hysteria thing keeps going, whenever a woman cries rape or a child cries molestation, it will be more likely that the person accused will be convicted, whether guilty or innocent. This is why emotion must be kept out of law.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by General Zapata
If this whole rape hysteria thing keeps going,

What.. actually addressing an issue rather than pretending it's rare and sweeping it under the carpet?

whenever a woman cries rape or a child cries molestation,

'cries' molestation?!
Jes I hope you don't intend on becoming a lawyer one day.

it will be more likely that the person accused will be convicted, whether guilty or innocent. This is why emotion must be kept out of law.

If somone gets raped.. a rape kit is done.. a DNA sample is collected [unless he protects himself from prosecution with a condom]. Then it has to be proved it was forced ..so probably only women/ children strong enough to fight back will end up with bruises [unless he adds the bruises for fun].. otherwise it's his word/her word. THEN she, or the child is publicly humilated when she is told to not only relive the rape.. but in a woman's case [even a 14 yo 'woman'] her whole entire sexual history is dragged up to prove 'she's a slut anyway so probably consented'.. where as his is not. Only about 1/4 of rapes are reported.. and only a minority of them are convicted.. and given DNA evidence and having to prove force.. wrongful conviction is highly unlikely these days.. you needn't be concerned either way.
I don't mean to sound harsh but the prospect of rape is scary enough without having to worry about being called a liar.. your attitude [common as it is sadly] is the main reason women don't report in the first place.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by riley]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I understand that most times the rape allegations will be genuine, because a rape is a very distressing affair. However, there HAVE been some cases where the rape allegations have not stood up to scrutiny, and ALL allegations must always be scrutinized. I was merely mentioning that in the prosecutor's zealous persuit for justice, it is possible that something may be overlooked, and this is more likely to happen when the prosecution can easily identify with the alleged victim and vilify the alleged perpetrator.

[edit on 4-12-2004 by General Zapata]

[edit on 4-12-2004 by General Zapata]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join