It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sex offenders..how would you deal with them?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Hmmm. If its the shooting part that troubles you, you may be comforted that most states have Lethal Injection now. Much more humane way to put them down IMHO

Isn't that good to hear? Injections, instead of shooting, wow we have matured a lot.

Violence only brings more violence upon ourselves.

Surf

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

How did this happen? I tell my age and people think my vocabulary is limited to 3 syllabel words.

Nope your ANSWERS made us think that

Its been fun guys but I gotta go. If I meet any childmolesters I will tell them I know a 16 year old that would LOVE to have them stay with him
J/K

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
The problem is you don't have anything to say except a bunch of BS gotten off a web site

OH yeah you are saying a child molesters life is just as important as the child he raped, if you feel that way do your family a favor and don't bring any kids into this world that you will stand back and make excuses for the man that raped them.

Your childishness and lack of understanding of the nature of people and the world truly shows through

If I only had any clue to what website you are referring to.

I could argue on about who I support and who I don't, but I can see you have selective blindness problems, which is why you conviently left out the other parts of my post, so shout on.

Thank you, I too, like you, think I still have my childishness and haven't turned into all stone and resorted to violence, like, take a guess, yeah you!

Surf

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Nope your ANSWERS made us think that

Its been fun guys but I gotta go. If I meet any childmolesters I will tell them I know a 16 year old that would LOVE to have them stay with him
J/K

Haha. I guess my english teacher was right. Simple minds get turned on by simple things. Laugh on.

Well tell them my address. I will try and put some sense into them and try to send them back to society as a meaningful beings, instead of just shooting them.

I wish I could say this has been meaningful, but I can clearly see it wasn't. You still want to kill them, and I still want to reform them.

See you Amuk, I just want to let you know that I have no thoughts of you being a chicken and running away in middle of a debate.

Surf

[edit on 11/21/2004 by surfup]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Surf, I see where you are going wrong here. This is not a criminal pursuit of pleasure. You are confusing the sexual drive of NORMAL people and transposing it to these animals. Sex is not what it's about for them. It's about subjugation, power, VIOLATION. Sex is just the outlet.

I don't think I am going wrong.

Exactly I too think it is about subjugation, power and violation, these are just things everyone has inside of them. These people show it on the outside, through sex, which is why I think we can reform them.

Surf

LL1

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
So you think you can reform them do you.....

Take alook at what FBI considers dangerous.

Now you think you can reform.....

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Surf, I wish it could be as you say, I REALLY do but it can't be, due to the nature of the people involved. BTW, in 10 years I'm betting you will feel different. Once you have a family to take care of, it changes a lot of perceptions.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hello,
To respond to the topic " sex offenders... how would you deal with them"
If i were to tackle this issue, and I have given it some thought before I read the Topic here on ATS.
First things fisrt, Pedophilia is a sick perverted act. and serial rape is also. now a sex offender like this should be put on a ISLAND away from civilization, with others just like him or her. They should be made to live out there sick desires with each other ONLY, not our children and Family or US.
Not one penny should be spent of out tax dollars to house these people, but used to help the victims.
Second, there should be a clear defenition of SEX OFFENDER... Now two teens drunk and things get out of control is diffrent from a serial rapists. I would think. Or a situation like this should be handeled diffrent, like their is diffrent prison sentences for diffrent crimes.
I say ship them off to an ISLAND and Take the ones who have LIFE with no possibility of parol there also, and let them live out there days doing what they love best. Acting like ANIMALS

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Surf, I wish it could be as you say, I REALLY do but it can't be, due to the nature of the people involved. BTW, in 10 years I'm betting you will feel different. Once you have a family to take care of, it changes a lot of perceptions.

Maybe I would feel a lot responsible, but I would never say, mark my words, that I would shoot them because they did something that was unlawful, even outrageous toward my family.

Maybe I would get a little physcial, but I wouldn't shoot him for crying out loud.

Intrepid, maybe we can't change them all, but that shouldn't stop us from trying to change at least some of them.

Surf

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I have always thought in the extreme when it comes to this question. A woman I was dating was raped and I have some idea of what she went through and continues to go through.

1. They will never be rehabilitated. Letting them live in prison for the small amount of time they will serve only gives them the incentive to be good prisoners. Giving them life sentences without parole only gives them the chance to escape and commit even worse crimes later on.

2. Castration; whether chemical or actual will only give them the chance to kill someone in an attempt to get some excitement thay can no longer achieve through rape.

3. Change the laws so that the states are responsible for making sure they never have the chance later on to commit these crimes. Right now it is against the law to sue your state for damages for criminal acts.

4. If the states knew that they could be held liabel for millions of dollars per case of a "rehabilitated criminal" committing another crime and they were negligent, I bet they would not be worried about the cost of building new prisons then.

5. Since none of these will ever be the solution then just shoot them. Donate thier organs. 2 problems solved at one time.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Well like they say, (the law) is every dog gets one free bite. But there is unanimous public approval of a new cure for second time offenders that obviously wont reform, and is especially effective when the offense is on a child, its called Hydrogen Cyanide! But like any other cure there is to much bureacracy getting it approved! What a shame because it works the first time every time! If you are a sex affender give it a try the results are astounding!.

Warning Do not try the suggested product unless you are are danger to society!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 11/22/04 by Iwunder]

IBM

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I believe they should get a beating by the male relatives of the victim, which will usually be a young female. Beat the bastard senseless but let him live to feel the pain of dying a slow death. After the bastard dies, sell his body to a farm as animal feed and give the proceeds to the victims family. After that has been taken care of, bill the parents the cost of finding the bastard and beating him. Then visit the parents and threaten them a few times not to screw up again and if they wanted to have a kid they should have thought about it. Once that is said and done, if the guy is still alive, make him wear a T-shirt that says "I am a rapist, stay away." If he refuses, automatic castration(which should be part of the inital punishment anyway). His penis should be inserted with a tracking device kindof like a LOJACK for his happy rod. If the govenment sensors pick up "arousal" they will immediately hit a self destruct button and you know what will happen. If he manages to survive all that, his picture will be posted in a prison with the title "Needs Sex, Wanted by You." If this still does not work. He can be put on an island to work mines. Once his mine working days are over and he is too weak to work, he will be administered flooggings in exchage for minimum food rations. Before he finally dies, he will be kept alive to feel pain for one last event. He will be taken to the Amazon rain forest, then covered in honey and tied down in a colony of Army Ants. As he is dying his body will be sprayed with a mist of acid so it will hurt the wounds as he dies.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by General Zapata
how do you know? have you spoken with every sex offender that has ever existed? No, of course you haven't, so stop making such broad generalisations.

Hey General, it might be prudent to ask questions before offering such an inane post. If you would have asked, I could have told you I work in Corrections. I have a very good line on the mindsets of these individuals. I walk by them every day. Talk to their case workers. So, do you have anymore orders for me to follow? Hmm?

I don't care where you work, it still doesn't mean you can say with absolute certainty, that a sexual offender will NEVER be rehabilitated. If even one is capable of change, we should try to make sure everything is done to bring this about.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
As an addition to my previous post there is another approved alternative cure for you Child Molesters anmd Sex offenders following the the thread ! Doctors nowadays can Install a complete conversion kit You Know Change out all your plumbing (instead of just castration), but if its not for you you can always go back to the previously posted non FDA approved Cure! Good Luck Either Way You Choose!

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I can definetly say that Prevention should be persued more. If you have come from a family that could be considered Dysfuntional, then you will know what i'm talking about.......................A man comes home and beats his wife, When his kid screams and cries he beats the kid. The kid grows up and if he's a man He has a definet higher chance of beating his wife too, IF its a girl she'll find another Degenerate like dad and marry him, and the cycle begins again. As for CHild molesters Not being Sick, Most were molested as children. and are simply follwing the cycle. No it's not natural and they should be dealt with for Society's sake, and so should the cause of thier "unbalance".

What is the purpose of sending someone to Prison. You take away their freedom, Where they should sit and think about what they did, until it's their turn for the revolving door. if prisons dont make you regret what you did, they'll make you regret getting caught! Any sex offender Should spend time in a mental institute for a duration of time, until it is seemed fit that they are actually capable of Guilt and shame for what they have done(and so should anybody that commits violent crimes), Afterwards They should go to prison and serve A full sentence(prisons should put all inmates to work in sweat shops, manual labor , Non-lethal experiments in the name of science to help pay for their cost and not be totally useless to society).

Upon release they would be put in special housing , away from children, or women or Smaller men?! THey will have to be on medication that supresses Sexual stimulation, and be required to go to counciling twice a week with other offenders. They will have tracking devices on them . These devices would go Off if they went into Restricted Zones , Showing police that they are breaking their probation, and they cycle would begin again. The would not be allowed to be around WOmen or children, Unless they have siblings or spouses that fill out the proper paperwork to allow this, in which case it would be undercontrolled conditions, of course The duration of how long until they were "forgiven" would be up to two things, spending the exact amount of 3times their prison term on this probabtion , Only after which , the victim would either Forgive the offender and they would be free to live in society, or if not they would serve the same amount of years again, under this probation. then be free.

as for employment The government would give a small tax break to certain companies for employing these people, They could be Telemarketers , Clean the highway, work on some docks, preferably jobs where they would not be dealing with people too much. OF course if they do not work , they would have to go back to a mental institute , part of their wages would go towards paying for the devices, their special housing, counsiling.

This is the most humane thing i can think of as fair (in my opnion), Yes they should be treated as having a mental illness , because you can't just introduce a metally sick person Back into society, Just shoving them in prison and then RE-introducing them to society Isn't going to help them or society,
They would always have the option of suicide by lethal injection after their release from prison.

[Edited on 22-11-2004 by bordnlazy]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The problem is here is everyone wants to throw all rapes into the same bin and they're not all the same. There are definately some evil acts done by some bad people whether a rape was involved or not it's not too hard to want to execute them or put them away forever.

Every case needs to looked at & judged appropriately. Problem is today instead of treatment by qualified medical staff helping them. We lock em in a cell and have people with zero medical education looking after them who have made up their minds after reading statistics provide by their employeers. Another words people with cave man mentalities watching after the bad seeds of our society. No wonder the recidivism rate is so high.

Yeah there's some evil fudgers that need to be put away, but I think we have more of a social problem then just just bad seeds. The mentality to just lock them up has done nothing in the US except give us the biggest prison population on the planet.

My cousin was raped on the way home from school, but nobody told me about it for over a year. Why because they knew I'd probably go off & shoot the the bastard (caveman mode), and instead of writing this I'd be doing time for murder or assault. Instead of letting me do something dumb that would have felt good to me, the family did what was best for her. The worst part about this whole ordeal was the friends (girls no doubt) of the guy who did it threatend to hurt my cousin if she testified against him and she had to finish high school somewhere else.

BTW - I don't want to make this a racial issue but my cousin is white & the rapist was black as well as his black girlfriends who threatened my cousin. I also don't want to put the blame on my cousin even though she was flirtatious & she did wear provocative clothing. She was just young & dumb.

What I see is we have kids that are being taught the wrong things by our society and rather than having someone idiot kill them we need to fix them - they are all human beings. Shall we lock em up forever which is equivalent to torture or shall we use our knowledge and try to make them better.

Even though talking about this years later makes me want to kill someone, (I was never told who) I'm glad I never got to make that decision. Bottom line is I can think more clearly now & I don't think the person deserves to be dead not to mention all the pain for many others that would have caused. So instead of him causing some pain I could have multiplied the pain over many more families - just doesn't make sense.

We need to find solutions that make the world better and the kneejerk solutions or caveman mentality most who posted in this thread have taken just doesn't do that.

[Edited on 22-11-2004 by outsider]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
outsider i gotta say i totally agree, You can't just kill somebody for a crime, We as a society should be better than that. as for being more detailed(as in don't just say rape is rape) i also agree. A violent Rapist is definetly different that some 19yr or 20yr old arrested for satitory rape. We need a better way of dealing with this all.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I think once they are out of jail that they need to be microchipped so their whereabouts are always known, chemically carstrated, put on a list, and if they reoffend they should have to stay in jail without parole for the safety of the community. Why someone who rapes a woman or a child is out before old age is beyond me though.. seems like they only get a couple of months.

Oh and I'm not exactly symapthetic when screws 'accidently' let child rapists in with the general prison community.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by riley]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I think the death penalty should apply here. When convicted, death within minutes. Chlorox injections would be nice.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Most people have suggested "reform" and if they re offend , then put them in prison..

I have to ask this, why let them re offend? have they not done enough damage?

Keeping them locked up, and letting them serve their time is about as lenient as you could get with these people.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join