Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

sex offenders..how would you deal with them?

page: 4
0
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Jedi_Master
BTW Amuk, I think a bullet to the head is too quick, it needs to suffer some pain, before taking it out, just MHO...


You're missing the point J_M. It's not some perverted attempt at justice we're looking at. It's elliminating a threat to society that can't be cured.


Actually you're missing my point, I'm not after some "perverted" justice, well maybe I am, but I think some type of "deterrent" if you will should be observed, if they see what might happen, maybe they will think twice before doing it...

BTW not wanting to start an argument, just MHO on what I would do if it were my child it happened too...




posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
[You too are missing the point intrepid. It can be cured, you just don't want to find a cure
Surf


No it cant and you are just not willing to face the FACT that some people are broke in the mind and NOTHING will change that.



posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I look at them like a rabid dog.They cannot help being rabid but cannot be allowed to be among others because of the harm they will cause.
You kill them as quickly and humanely as possible


Exactly... This is why capital punishment is popular. Even in the uber liberal SF Bay Area. You will never be able to say for certain that they are 100% cured. Period. Do you want to gamble with your family? I for one do not, and will protect them from this and anytype of danger as best I can.


LL1

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Sadly, and I detect something here surfup, I sympathizes with you...
I will not go further...

they can't be corrected.....
It's best that family and friends come to the realization, this
is not something cosmetic surgery can fix, it's an internal problem.
May I suggest therapy is the best way....


LL1

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
These are manuals used to diagnosis individuals mental state.
They are not bogus sites surfup....

don't get me wrong i am not attacking you, i just want you to realize
how dangerous these individuals are....
but can receive help....



posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
No it cant and you are just not willing to face the FACT that some people are broke in the mind and NOTHING will change that.


Me not willing to accept the facts?

It is you who is not willing to see that they can be corrected, because it is just a criminal pursuit of pleasure. It is not mental sickness, period.

If you want to keep on arguing that rapists are indeed sick, go ahead, no one is going to stop you. I only feel sorry for you.

Surf



posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
These are manuals used to diagnosis individuals mental state.
They are not bogus sites surfup....

don't get me wrong i am not attacking you, i just want you to realize
how dangerous these individuals are....
but can receive help....


I am not gettin you wrong buddy, I also hope you don't get me wrong either.

While I don't know about the validity of the websistes, I do know that the research, which I turn to everytime, isn't wrong. If you ask me it makes perfect sense.

READ SCULLY AND MARROLA 1984, 1985; MAROLLA and SCULLY 1986; SCULLY 1990; FOLEY ETAL 1995.

Surf



posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
Sadly, and I detect something here surfup, I sympathizes with you...
I will not go further...

they can't be corrected.....
It's best that family and friends come to the realization, this
is not something cosmetic surgery can fix, it's an internal problem.
May I suggest therapy is the best way....


I don't know what detection you are talking about. Could you explain a bit more.

EDIT: If they can't be corrected, then do we have a prison system, why do we have rehabitation centers? Why not just shoot them as Amuk suggested?

I will tell you why, because the program works. Albeit with deficiences, it works!

When in the world will people get some humanity into them? Rather than relying on guns and weapons to solve your problems, use your brain.

p.s. I didn't mean the above as a personal attack toward LL, but toward others.
Surf

[edit on 11/21/2004 by surfup]



posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I for one do not, and will protect them from this and anytype of danger as best I can.


Here we go again, my family crap.

When in world will you expand your horizon? When in the world will you think your family's life is worth the same as someone else's?

We are living in the 21st century, yet following the views of that of last centuries.

For god's sake think for others too.

Surf




posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

I will tell you why, because the program works. Albeit with deficiences, it works!
[edit on 11/21/2004 by surfup]


BS

Ask any victim of a repeat offender if it works? And yes my family life IS MORE IMPORTANT than some babyrapers life

I am starting to agree with LL1 and think you must have a little experience in that area to be defending them the way you do

not meaning that YOU are one but maybe in your family or friends, if so I pray for your wife and kids because THEY will pay for your misguided forgiveness

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Amuk]



posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Here we go again, my family crap.
We are living in the 21st century, yet following the views of that of last centuries.


Flame all you want. Im sure YOUR family is all warm and fuzzy knowing that you will sacrafice them for the rightsx of child molestors. Maybe you should practice what you are advocating and turn your home into a half way house. Christ, you always have to look out for loved ones. Is that a bong I hear bubbling in your background???



posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by surfup

I will tell you why, because the program works. Albeit with deficiences, it works!
[edit on 11/21/2004 by surfup]


BS

Ask any victim of a repeat offender if it works? And yes my family life IS MORE IMPORTANT than some babyrapers life

I am starting to agree with LL1 and think you must have a little experience in that area to be defending them the way you do



HaHa. You are accusing me of being one of them just because I happened to consider their life to be as important as others.

Now I get it, that is why no one other than me is standing up for them. They are afraid of being labelled as one of them.

I am not standing up for the rappers who never change, but for those who change and realize the mistake they did.

You want my name or something, so you could check it up against the new California law. I used to live in India, if you want you could go there and check my records yourself.

Not only that I am only 16 years old, isn't that a little too young?

So that is what LL is trying to say all this time. You guys are too smart. *Shakes head*

And I am arguing with you. *Hits himself on head and takes note: Never argue with someone who is too full of himself and too stupid to realize his opponent's view.*

Surf



posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I a sorry if I had known I was speaking to a child I wouldnt have bothered, and I wasnt saying you were one more like you were defending a "favorite" uncle.

When you grow up and have a family yourself you will know what we are talking about



posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Flame all you want. Im sure YOUR family is all warm and fuzzy knowing that you will sacrafice them for the rightsx of child molestors. Maybe you should practice what you are advocating and turn your home into a half way house. Christ, you always have to look out for loved ones. Is that a bong I hear bubbling in your background???


Again, I am not arguing for child molesters, but for those who realize their mistakes and want to change.

Accuse me of doing whatever you want, I could care less.

hey, at least I know I am not just shooting someone because they did a mistake, but giving them a chance to live a better life, which you all don't think is too inhumane.

Surf


LL1

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
We have so-called rehabilitation, but we also have a very
high rate of recidivism...
the revolving door of justice.
There is no rehabilitation in the over-crowded prison system....
that the fallacey.

Now take a look at Rape then scroll down and look at recidivism.



posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I a sorry if I had known I was speaking to a child I wouldnt have bothered, and I wasnt saying you were one more like you were defending a "favorite" uncle.

When you grow up and have a family yourself you will know what we are talking about


Well if I had known I was talking to someone who thinks someone else's age is more important than what they have to say, I wouldn't have bothered talking to that someone, you, either.

As a matter of fact, I don't have any uncles. So, what are you going to say now? I am defending my next door neighbour?

And another thing I am not living under a rock with bunch of worms and internet connection, I do have a family and I do understand where you are coming from.

But I don't understand how you guys think violence is the answer to everything.

Surf



posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
But I don't understand how you guys think violence is the answer to everything


Hmmm. If its the shooting part that troubles you, you may be comforted that most states have Lethal Injection now. Much more humane way to put them down IMHO



posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
We have so-called rehabilitation, but we also have a very
high rate of recidivism...
the revolving door of justice.
There is no rehabilitation in the over-crowded prison system....
that the fallacey.

Now take a look at Rape then scroll down and look at recidivism.


How did this happen? I tell my age and people think my vocabulary is limited to 3 syllabel words.

I never said we had a good rehabitation program. I too think our current system sucks, but it is way better than what you guys are suggesting to do.

Surf



posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Well if I had known I was talking to someone who thinks someone else's age is more important than what they have to say, I wouldn't have bothered talking to that someone, you, either.


The problem is you don't have anything to say except a bunch of BS gotten off a web site

OH yeah you are saying a child molesters life is just as important as the child he raped, if you feel that way do your family a favor and don't bring any kids into this world that you will stand back and make excuses for the man that raped them.

Your childishness and lack of understanding of the nature of people and the world truly shows through



posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
It is you who is not willing to see that they can be corrected, because it is just a criminal pursuit of pleasure. It is not mental sickness, period.


Surf, I see where you are going wrong here. This is not a criminal pursuit of pleasure. You are confusing the sexual drive of NORMAL people and transposing it to these animals. Sex is not what it's about for them. It's about subjugation, power, VIOLATION. Sex is just the outlet.






top topics



 
0
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join