It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sex offenders..how would you deal with them?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

When time comes, we will know if you are just all talk.

How about you? would you have them released to your home? Or would you rather someone else pay for your bleeding heart?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
How about you? would you have them released to your home? Or would you rather someone else pay for your bleeding heart?

I would rather have them locked up forever or put in a mental institution, not shoot them or something.

Hell I wouldn't want them near my home or any others, matter of fact I wouldn't even want the people I hate to have these people in their home, but never shoot them.

Surf

LL1

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Let's look a sex offenders Recidivism Rate.

Within 3 years following their release, 5.3% of sex offenders (men who had committed rape or sexual assault) were rearrested for another sex crime.

On average the 9,691 sex offenders served 3 1/2 years of their 8-year sentence.

Compared to non-sex offenders released from State prisons, released sex offenders were 4 times more likely to be rearrested for a sex crime.

The 9,691 released sex offenders included 4,295 men who were in prison for child molesting.

I say removal from society.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
So it seem like we're all for their removal from society, just the methods differ. It costs aprox. $600 a day to keep an inmate. How much does a 45 shell cost Amuk? BTW, I'm with you on this one. Man, this is becoming a habit.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
On average the 9,691 sex offenders served 3 1/2 years of their 8-year sentence.

Compared to non-sex offenders released from State prisons, released sex offenders were 4 times more likely to be rearrested for a sex crime.

I say removal from society.

Now that is truely scary.

I wonder why no one is putting emphasis on preventing the crime, our justice system is so that people who committed something go to prision and get punished, but they don't stop ohter people from committing same erorrs.

Look at all the sex that is around us. I am surprised we have only that these many sex offenders. But you got to take into mind the uncaught and the unreported ones.

Surf

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
How much does a 45 shell cost Amuk? BTW, I'm with you on this one. Man, this is becoming a habit.

I can't believe you said that intrepid.

Kill a man, albeit a sex-offender, because it is cheaper?

What kind of a society is this turning into?

Surf

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I see it as pragmatic. The equation is simple, no hope of rehabilitation, chance of getting out of jail. Remove them. They are not using sex for the same reason you and I do, these are predators. I'm thinking about my wife and kids, you and yours. They are below our consideration.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I see it as pragmatic. The equation is simple, no hope of rehabilitation, chance of getting out of jail. Remove them. They are not using sex for the same reason you and I do, these are predators. I'm thinking about my wife and kids, you and yours. They are below our consideration.

Excuses, excuses.

Mind I ask where do you get "no hope of rehabilitation" part of your equation?

It looks to me like you don't want to try.

Surf

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well, I won't bother you with stats because anything can be found on the net to back up your own point of view. This is just what I know from working in that enviroment.

LL1

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I don't believe any of us want sexual preadtors running around
our comfort areas we call home...

Sexual Predators are dangerous!

Most sexual offenders have paraphilias or antisocial personalities and in many cases also have depression, bipolar disorder, or an impulse control disorder.

If they are antisocial, they need to stay away/out of society.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
If they are antisocial, they need to stay away/out of society.

You cant get further out of society than dead

I would shoot them not because its cheaper but just because they no longer need to live. They have proven that they prey on the smallest weakest members of society and IMO should no longer be allowed its protection.

Is your wife or childs safety less important than theirs?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
I don't believe any of us want sexual preadtors running around
our comfort areas we call home...

The problem is when realeased they are running around SOMEONES home. Usually in the poor or middle class neighborhoods where both parents work or the father works two jobe or both. In other words in neighborhoods full of targets

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Amuk, let's not forget that love NEW invention, cyberspace. That can touch ANYONE, ANYWHERE.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Amuk, let's not forget that love NEW invention, cyberspace. That can touch ANYONE, ANYWHERE.

I just cant understand those who bend over backwards for these types. They say lock them up when its been proven that they will usually not serve more than 5 years even if given a LIFE sentence.

Then when its THEIR wife or child they want to know why this animal was on the street.

They only need to look in the mirrior

LL1

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Let's take it a step farther....

Could there be a possibility of their (sexual predators) offspring,

carrying the deviant gene that produces the sexual deivant behavior....

Remember this is a mental disorder.
Think on that...

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1

Remember this is a mental disorder.
Think on that...

That's a damn scary scenario. Is this type of problem passed down? If so, just adds fuel to the fire, I'd say.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I would shoot them not because its cheaper but just because they no longer need to live. They have proven that they prey on the smallest weakest members of society and IMO should no longer be allowed its protection.

Is your wife or childs safety less important than theirs?

Yes I see it now kill the people I think that are dangerous to my wife and child's safety.

Yes killing is much more easier and cheaper.

Thank you Amuk, I shall begin my killing spree from you, because I think you are dangerous to my wife and children.

Wouldn't life be great if it works that way?

Surf

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
[Thank you Amuk, I shall begin my killing spree from you, because I think you are dangerous to my wife and children.
Surf

Shoot one for me

I know why dont we lock them up for a few months and then let them loose in YOUR neighbor hood so that after they rape and maybe kill your wife and kids you can be there to make sure they dont get hurt

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1

Rape is not a mental disorder, it is rather a product that "stems from the criminal pursuit of pleasure, not mental illness."

Saying rape is a result of gene is saying being conservative is a result of your parent's gene.

Surf

[edit on 11/21/2004 by surfup]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I know why dont we lock them up for a few months and then let them loose in YOUR neighbor hood so that after they rape and maybe kill your wife and kids you can be there to make sure they dont get hurt

How about we instead create a working rehabitation program, one which doesn't involve any killings?

Surf

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join