It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sex offenders..how would you deal with them?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Here in the UK we have our fair share of "sex offenders" just like any other country.

If a person commits this kind of crime, they get put on a "sex offenders" list.

Once released from prison they are given a new identity and relocated away from their home town.

At the moment we have one of these offenders living in our village. The person has an armed guard and is given state benefits because they obviously cannot work.

When this person walks the dog, the guard is always with this person. You never see this person alone.
People in my village are obviously disgusted with the treatment this person is getting.

To me, it seems that the victims stay the victims and the assailants get to live a life supplied by the state in total luxury.

Are people against this type of caring for the assailant as much as me?

Do you think they should be locked up for life?
If they kill an innocent child (this person helped another kill 2 children) then they should serve life or be given the death sentence.

Do any other countries treat their convicts with care etc? or is it just the UK that has an archaic stupid law?

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Bikereddie]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
it is certain that ppl that commint this awfull act arent in their rigth mind, and it is also true that they are just humans like every one of us ... but on my opinion ppl that make such savage act to children and other grown up should be loched away FOR LIFE, with no way put of prison, NON AT ALL, death is to simple, and to kind for pl that commit such crimes, they shoulsrot in prison, alone in a cel with no light, one meal a week and water...

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
excellent reply dragonfly..
guess you feel the same way as i do.

I suspect a lot of people feel like that , but if the criminals who do these things to children are released after a short time in prison, then what deterrent is there?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well I think that any offender being male or female should have a sort of a brand marking put on them for everyone to see. Such as a permanent marking on their nose or forehead along with a microchip for tracking. That way you can warn your children to stay away from those who have the mark and to report them if you see them associating or loitering where there are children.

They should be tracked once a year for inspection of the mark to make sure they have not had it surgically removed or altered. If so then they go back to jail.

It sounds far fetched and expensive but it would probably work!

Anyway thats just my idea

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hi there.

I have some probably contraversial views on what should be done with sex offenders......to me I have always been disgusted with any1 who commits a crime of sexual violence such as rape, or acts of sexual perversion with children or people to young or mentally disabled to know any better or protect themselves. These people are worse than anmals in my book. At least animals act out of instinct and the need to survive, but these people make a delibrate and concious choice to sexually harm other people. These kind of sexual predators are not stupid either, and more ofetn than not they develop a sort of twisted genious when it comes to the power they have over former victims and grooming victims in the first place. I live in the uk, and it makes me sik to the pit of my stomach thet our own government due to political correctness and europe's human rights laws have to look after and actually care for these deviants, making sure that their human right are well portected and can live a life free of violence or retibution......this is very, very wrong......these animals dont care about the rights or feeling of those affected by their actions, in fact I have two close girlfiends who have been subjected to date rape ordeals in the last few years and they tell me that they might never recover mentally from the scars they have been left with.......how is this fair? it isnt........I think people such as this should be institutionalised or at the very least given a prison sentance equal to that of murder or manslaughter and in the case of peadophiles who may never stop harming children, then all their rights are forefeit and I could quite honestly be the happy executioner who puts them all to death.
Contraversial views I know, but its just how I feel. Im sorry If my views hurt or offend any1, but this is a subject I will never change my mind about.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I tell you what they should be chemical castrated, whenever a sex offender involve children they should chemical castrated.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This person helped another kill 2 children
That guy should never see the light of day ever again. Now he gets a new life and a armed guard, thats more then those two kids will ever get.

The old Russian Gulags would have been perfect for this guy. Make him work in a mine 14 hours a day for the rest of his life.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I agree that sex offenders should be registered, but life in prison is not the answer. I am not in favour of arbitrarily brutalising criminals or executing them, and I feel that some sort of mental institution would be more helpful for people like this. If, after a certain amount of time, it is obvious that they are not making any headway, and that if released they would re-offend, then they should be put in jail.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by General Zapata
If, after a certain amount of time, it is obvious that they are not making any headway, and that if released they would re-offend, then they should be put in jail.

There is NO rehabillitating these type of predators.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Shoot the scumbags between the eyes, that way you make sure they dont ever do it again.

The problem with life is most people dot understand life doesnt mean till you are dead it means 20 years. Period.

You will be out in about 5 years. So for a first time offender a life sentence amounts to 5 years

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
LIke someone posted earlier, death is to good for them. They need to find some unihabited Island with a fresh water supply, dump all the rapists and pedophiles off on it and simply forget they exsist.

Let them rape and murder each other til they're all gone.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

If, after a certain amount of time, it is obvious that they are not making any headway, and that if released they would re-offend, then they should be put in jail.

There is NO rehabillitating these type of predators.

how do you know? have you spoken with every sex offender that has ever existed? No, of course you haven't, so stop making such broad generalisations.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by General Zapata]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Sometimes sex and the law can go too far.. once set in motion there seems to be no stopping it.

The following case is a good example... Three 17 year old teens who had been drinking, having a pool party and YES having sex with girls.. one who they invited to come back the following day and this time all three had sexual relations which by all accounts was very kinky and involved using objects... Most of all they video taped the whole event... and though all involved said the girl involved was more than willing and never complained.. it could be very bad for these teen boys..

The video was taken to another friend's home to be shown to others and was left in the home by mistake.. A girl living in the home then watched the tape and was so shocked by what she had seen she then showed it to a neighbor who was none other than a cop!

These three teens have been charged with rape, will be tried as adults, and face several other counts which could send them to prison for up to 55 years...BUT

They got lucky... read the whole report for yourselves:

www.cbsnews.com...

They could have been sent to prison for up to 55 years!

Sex is not always criminal.. when it is we shoud do everything we can to see justice is served.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

how do you know? have you spoken with every sex offender that has ever existed? No, of course you haven't, so stop making such broad generalisations.

Hey General, it might be prudent to ask questions before offering such an inane post. If you would have asked, I could have told you I work in Corrections. I have a very good line on the mindsets of these individuals. I walk by them every day. Talk to their case workers. So, do you have anymore orders for me to follow? Hmm?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think the reason why sex offenses are so high is because the punishment is not harsh enough. As far as I have read, everyone who responded had great ideas. Some ideas sound a little unconventional, which is what makes the ideas so great and shows passion and compassion(for the victims).

Now, when rapists and child molesters go to prison, they are the ones targeted for rape by the other prisoners because the other prisoners hate criminals who are out there offending their mothers, sisters, girlfriends, etc.. It might sound cruel, but they put it on themselves.

But, basically, if the ideas that I have just read are used, the instance of this crime may decrease, rapidly. The only way that they get harsher punishments is when we contact our legislators, or whoever is in control of such things, and express a true concern. Also, it may help if petitions are written and signed.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I have an idea

Why don't they release these rehabilitated sex offenders to live with those who believe they have changed. That way it will be THEIR family that suffers first not ours.

What do you say liberals, give them a chance to rape your wife or kids FIRST. Shouldnt be a problem after all they promised not to do it again

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Wow, lot of negative vibes going on around here.

Let me ask you this question

What if it was someone you knew very closely, godforbid, someone from you family or even your best friend, would you still want to kill them or make them suffer for the remainder of their life?

Surf

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

What if it was someone you knew very closely, godforbid, someone from you family or even your best friend, would you still want to kill them or make them suffer for the remainder of their life?

I would shoot the bastard myself

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I would shoot the bastard myself

Oh yeah?

When time comes, we will know if you are just all talk.

Surf

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Classygirl
Now, when rapists and child molesters go to prison, they are the ones targeted for rape by the other prisoners because the other prisoners hate criminals who are out there offending their mothers, sisters, girlfriends, etc.. It might sound cruel, but they put it on themselves.

Not quite. These offenders are put I Protective Custody. I wish they put them in the general population. If they did I can assure you that they wouldn't reoffend.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join