It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA Senator de Leon confirms he is an idiot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

technical difficulties

I'm going to out on a limb and assume he was referring to the latter when talking about the AR-15. I don't much about AR-15s, but I'm pretty sure you can't make them (or any other gun for that matter) entirely out of plastic.

There is a video on the net of a 100% plastic gun firing a handful of rounds before succumbing.

Possible yes, practical NO

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

The problem with progressive filth is they are for the most part stupid people. They latch on to something and could care less about facts or getting the story straight. And this shows with the gun debate many anti-gun scumbags do not even understand simple facts about what they are trying to sell you. For everyone sitting on the fence about this issue what does that tell you?

The ironic part about all of this is nothing and I mean nothing they do or say will change anything. Way to many people own guns and support the 2nd. So in the end all this time and energy is a waste. You would think a light bulb would go off when they push and even more guns are sold............They actually are helping sell guns..........Stupid progressives.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I am British, have never fired a gun in my life, and eschew them in favour of bladed weapons. However, even I, a firearms luddite, was able to tell before the first ten seconds of the video were over, that the man making the presentation was WOEFULLY under informed. His use of terminology was inaccurate, inconsistent, misleading and unnecessary. I suppose I should not be shocked, but somehow it always manages to totally amaze me, that anyone can stand in front of a nation and speak on matters that they know not a damned thing about.

That may seem strange coming from a fellow who, by my own words above has never fired a gun in his life, and is yet commenting on this thread. But there is one thing I do know about, that not many people in the US can really appreciate. I live in a nation where there is no real right to bear arms, where individuals have no protection from potential tyrany on behalf of the state, nor from criminal enterprise. I may not like guns, but I cannot legally carry a decent blade either.

What this man is doing, is using sensationalist propeganda, to try and out flank one of the most important sections, of one of the most important documents in the history of human kind (again, I may not be from the USA, but I know a good thing when I read it). It lays out the importance of a peoples right to prevent their government from FORCING obedience from them, by legally binding their right to defend themselves, and to carry the tools to do so without infringement. To allow such a monumentally important document, as contains that edict, to be thrown to the winds of entropy, especially on the basis of such shallow sayings as those of Senator de Leon in this video, would be a crime against the whole of mankind, as well as the people of the United States of America.

Why do I say, that it would be a crime against all mankind, to mess with legislation pertaining to the USA? I will tell you. It would be a gargantuan error to allow the ammendment as it stands to be altered or removed from statute, for many reasons, chief amongst which, in my veiw, are as follows:

1) People all over the world, in every nation which is not free of tyranny, wish they had the right to stand up to oppressors. Even in lands where even thinking such things is criminal, they think them anyway. The document as it stands, is a beacon to anyone in those lands who knows of it, that somewhere on this planet, there are people who follow a tradition of self reliance and self defense, that there is a nation on this Earth which HAS enshrined the right to defend oneself in its very foundations. Having known nothing else, many American people can never understand what that means for people who are told that legally, it is better to be beaten to death, than to risk punishment for fighting back.

2) At this time, the government of the United States of America has proven itself to be at odds with its own people, on so many counts that to choose this moment, this era in history, to change, to muddy the waters of, to even nudge the right to bear arms from its perch so lofty, renders the people unable to respond to even the smallest threat, never mind the largest, of being enslaved to a greater degree than they already have been, by the corporations which are running the show behind the scenes. There can be no worse time for such a change, than the ones people in the USA are finding themselves in.

There is an awful lot about guns, and the USA that bothers me. I do not like guns, because in my veiw they are noisy, smelly, over complicated, and in the hands of anyone but an expert marksman, carry a massive risk of collateral damage when used for defense. I do not like the US government, anything it does, to anyone, anywhere. I do not like the way that American business seems to be about board members salaries, rather than focusing its efforts and resources where they ought to be, on making workers lives better, their futures secure. But, as a man who grew up in a nation where there is no right to bear arms, which until recently would prosecute a resident for killing or assaulting a home invader, I have to say, that just knowing that someone out there lives under a better law than I do keeps me leveled out.

I do not think that the US government, or indeed any one of its members, nor indeed some of its citizens appreciate, just how important the freedoms they still have are, not just to them, but to the peace and probably the future of the entire planet, perhaps even the human race as we know it. If they did, this discussion would not be necessary, and the lackwit with the SBR, would not have been trotted out to pontificate on a subject he clearly has no appreciation for, or understanding of.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Thanks Mac. That was too good a YT clip to pass up. Bad joke, worse presentation.
Got an old acquaintance (both ways) who was 82nd Airborne; did Normandy with all of
his company were unfortunately indoctrinated to the MG42. That was a single-barrel
that was quite demoralizing, and it did about 1400/min. John said as many others I've met of our older generation "like a giant piece of sheet metal getting ripped in half."
Probably meant there was no audible space [at all] between rounds. NASty business...
but none the less a second and a quarter to cut loose thirty rounds. Fail.
A Mac10 hit with a magic wand and 9mm shorts, not much better.

The link to Wikipedia's XM214 SixPack is here; and with six barrels and the Mr.Duke potentiometer cranked all the way to "...gonna get me some" does purportedly 4000:
en.wikipedia.org...
After a couple of 500 round baggies of 5.56's, means you're essentially within 15 seconds carrying a total 36 pound paperweight, or an expensive wheel chock for the Piper Cherokee. Wow where did he swap that other pack from-- he IS fast. But it was
in Terminator : must be true... the show and half minute defoliation MUST go on.

Thanks again for this YouTube display of ignorance plugged into firearms: priceless.

edit on 20-1-2014 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2014 by derfreebie because: The rangemaster down the street got a copy...ROFL

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by macman

I am British, have never fired a gun in my life, and eschew them in favour of bladed weapons. However, even I, a firearms luddite, was able to tell before the first ten seconds of the video were over, that the man making the presentation was WOEFULLY under informed. His use of terminology was inaccurate, inconsistent, misleading and unnecessary. I suppose I should not be shocked, but somehow it always manages to totally amaze me, that anyone can stand in front of a nation and speak on matters that they know not a damned thing about.

That may seem strange coming from a fellow who, by my own words above has never fired a gun in his life, and is yet commenting on this thread. But there is one thing I do know about, that not many people in the US can really appreciate. I live in a nation where there is no real right to bear arms, where individuals have no protection from potential tyrany on behalf of the state, nor from criminal enterprise. I may not like guns, but I cannot legally carry a decent blade either.

What this man is doing, is using sensationalist propeganda, to try and out flank one of the most important sections, of one of the most important documents in the history of human kind (again, I may not be from the USA, but I know a good thing when I read it). It lays out the importance of a peoples right to prevent their government from FORCING obedience from them, by legally binding their right to defend themselves, and to carry the tools to do so without infringement. To allow such a monumentally important document, as contains that edict, to be thrown to the winds of entropy, especially on the basis of such shallow sayings as those of Senator de Leon in this video, would be a crime against the whole of mankind, as well as the people of the United States of America.

Why do I say, that it would be a crime against all mankind, to mess with legislation pertaining to the USA? I will tell you. It would be a gargantuan error to allow the ammendment as it stands to be altered or removed from statute, for many reasons, chief amongst which, in my veiw, are as follows:

1) People all over the world, in every nation which is not free of tyranny, wish they had the right to stand up to oppressors. Even in lands where even thinking such things is criminal, they think them anyway. The document as it stands, is a beacon to anyone in those lands who knows of it, that somewhere on this planet, there are people who follow a tradition of self reliance and self defense, that there is a nation on this Earth which HAS enshrined the right to defend oneself in its very foundations. Having known nothing else, many American people can never understand what that means for people who are told that legally, it is better to be beaten to death, than to risk punishment for fighting back.

2) At this time, the government of the United States of America has proven itself to be at odds with its own people, on so many counts that to choose this moment, this era in history, to change, to muddy the waters of, to even nudge the right to bear arms from its perch so lofty, renders the people unable to respond to even the smallest threat, never mind the largest, of being enslaved to a greater degree than they already have been, by the corporations which are running the show behind the scenes. There can be no worse time for such a change, than the ones people in the USA are finding themselves in.

There is an awful lot about guns, and the USA that bothers me. I do not like guns, because in my veiw they are noisy, smelly, over complicated, and in the hands of anyone but an expert marksman, carry a massive risk of collateral damage when used for defense. I do not like the US government, anything it does, to anyone, anywhere. I do not like the way that American business seems to be about board members salaries, rather than focusing its efforts and resources where they ought to be, on making workers lives better, their futures secure. But, as a man who grew up in a nation where there is no right to bear arms, which until recently would prosecute a resident for killing or assaulting a home invader, I have to say, that just knowing that someone out there lives under a better law than I do keeps me leveled out.

I do not think that the US government, or indeed any one of its members, nor indeed some of its citizens appreciate, just how important the freedoms they still have are, not just to them, but to the peace and probably the future of the entire planet, perhaps even the human race as we know it. If they did, this discussion would not be necessary, and the lackwit with the SBR, would not have been trotted out to pontificate on a subject he clearly has no appreciation for, or understanding of.

Well said. Very eloquent. I'm impressed.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
He forgot to mention those "Ghost Guns" can shoot down plans and blow up railroads. He really needs to check with Jesse Jackson on firearms specifics before going out and speechin' in front of the crowd.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It seems to me that a lot of elected officials don't know much other than bribe taking and saying anything that make people like them at election time. I bet he got his knowledge from another politician.
edit on 1/20/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
They should donate money to Payton Manning's charity everytime he says "Ghost Gun" in the Superbowl.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
: Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Hope he Accidently Shoots himself and do the " Normal " people of Cally a Favor........

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

That video could also be called "anti-gunners in a nutshell."

He would have been better off just saying "I literally don't know anything about this or any other firearm, but I'm going to try to make laws based around that complete ignorance and lack of knowledge with absolutely no reasoning or logic behind it."

Nothing more hilarious than a anti-gun nut trying to sound like they actually know what they're talking about. But what makes this not so funny is the fact that he's a state Senator. California seems determined to lower the bar of intelligence and leadership. Good job California. You win. Enjoy your morons.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Jesus.... 30 magazines worth of bullets, dispersed in only 0.5 seconds? Now thats what i call firepower!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I viewed this earlier today and I laughed and laughed and laughed. After I was done laughing, I laughed some more. I caught my breath and laughed more. But, on a serious note, I have found that people's ignorance of a thing tends towards fear of it. And, obviously, there is A LOT of ignorance there. Remember, these are the people that help to 'run' our country. So, here we are folks, a bunch of ignorant idiots fear mongering over something they know (all to obviously) nothing about. Let us take a moment to reflect on our current government. A president that is Commander in Chief, that has never served a day in his life. And a senate, that has, well, most have never held a gun much less shoot one. All I can say, I want a 'Ghost Gun' . I will damn near be the Terminator. "Come with me if you want to live. I have a Ghost Gun."
edit on 21-1-2014 by mai38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I think I lost a few brain cells watching him talk....

ETA - After reviewing the footage, I have to say,

Yea......yea....this guy really did go full retard.
edit on 21-1-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
he to forgot to mention. 1) it's an airsoft gun that can only fire plastic bb's 2) he doesn't understand the terms " rate of fire and "duty cycle" 3) not apparently an idiot, he is a bonefide card carrying idiot 4) the gun he was displaying is a large water gun for use at carnivals and arcades 5) he from california, so he's totally useless at math or understanding the word ethical or honesty. 6) still pissed diane Fienstien beat him at arms wrestling. 7) thought the word sacramento is a cheese spread made with the red centers of olives 8) fell ahd hit his head a lot as a kid 9) thinks barack is the ruler Obamaersei 8 in the constellation pamperin 10) thinks george washington should be personnaly sued for not stopping those kids who stole his lunch money every day!
:LOL:
EVIL:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Good post I had to research my password to star it

Unfortunately, it has to many words for the people who need to read it . Bah as if they're on this site anyway.
edit on 21-1-2014 by MinorityReporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Its pretty pathetic that this is rather typical of the anti-gun crowd. The vast majority of them, especially the politicians, haven't got the first friggin' clue what they're talking about. It amazes me how misinformed and ignorant they can be. Unfortunately, for them, logic and reason rarely enter into the equation, and the whole argument is based in emotion and fear of something they don't understand and, more importantly, don't want to make any effort to understand.

And they wonder why the gun rights supporters just don't ever seem to listen them? Hmm, its a mystery, isn't it?
edit on 21-1-2014 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I agree.

While most Brits do not agree with, nor understand our rights revolving around Firearms, I can honestly say that everyone in the world can see a moron parading ignorance for what they are.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

JHumm
: Senator de Leon, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Fixed that for you.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

buni11687
Yea......yea....this guy really did go full retard.

Never go full retard.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join