It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CA Senator de Leon confirms he is an idiot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You don't any dumber then this guy. He opens his mouth, and confirms he not only has no clue, but that he is willing to go on a national stage and make statements confirming he has no clue.

And he pretty much sums up the info that most anti-gun rights people are working with.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

That was stupider than Carolyn McArthy's "shoulder thing that goes up."

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

He's either very very dim witted, English isn't his first language, or 3rd for that matter... or he knows exactly what he's doing.

When I say that, I say it because it sounds like he's trying to cram as many buzzwords that semi-conscious Americans, both left and right, seem to latch on to without thinking critically about the situation. To expand on that, most political discussions I've had withe people reveal that they don't really have their own thought out opinion, but rather are just repeating what they heard in the last 72 hours. Take them through a logic test for their "opinion" and they become quiet, defensive, or if they have integrity will say "you have a point, I'll have to think about this more".

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I'm at work, can someone sum it up please?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Sure thing. California State Sentaor De Leon (D) is at a press conference holding up an SBR (short barrel rifle) ar-15. He calls it a "ghost gun" with a "30 caliber clip", and "an ability to disperse a 30 magazine clip in half a second".

I don't know about you, but I shoot on the reset, and there's no way I could blast through 30 rounds in half a second unless I were using the giggle switch on a registered machine gun. That machine gun would have to be the multi-barreled variety, since 3600 rounds a minute is way faster than even the fastest of machine guns can manage. Even on the job in a hate truck OCONUS I shoot on the reset, faster with a little bit of adrenaline, but c'mon, the whole presentation was just laughable.
edit on 20-1-2014 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
30 bullets in half a second !.

Yeah most anti gun rights advocates don't know what the hell they are talking about.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I love it when mental deficients try to dramatically emphasize and end up showcasing their absoute lack of knowing wtf they're talking about. I bet he got up at "5am in the morning" to prepare for this speech. Nicely done Gump! How in the world did this guy ever get elected to public office? Oh yeah, the public.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Watching the officers eyes in the background. Did anyone else get the sense that even the officer is thinking "Just stop talking"?

It looked like he even rolled his eyes at the very beginning, but I can't zoom in on him.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
What's a ghost gun? Never heard of that before and I've been around firearms all of my life.

But I will go on record and say that I think we should ban any gun that takes 30 magazine clips that fire at a rate of one bazillion rounds a second.

Disclaimer: I am being facetious.
edit on 20-1-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Had me at "Ghost Gun"

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
One problem is that he isn't parading his lack of knowledge before the cameras for our benefit.

He is doing his spiel for the morons that vote for him and his ilk.

And they don't have a clue about the difference between a magazine and a clip or that the term 'thirty caliber' should not be used interchangeably with the term 'thirty round' when describing a magazine (clip for Mr. Moron).

So, with his constituents being as ignorant as he is, if not more so, it matters not that he is wrong with just about every word that he uses. They are too stupid to realize it.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
What's a ghost gun? Never heard of that before and I've been around firearms all of my life.

But I will go on record and say that I think we should ban any gun that takes 30 magazine clips that fire at a rate of one bazillion rounds a second.

I think its the name of a gun in one of those first person shooter video games--where any and all knowledge of guns comes from for the left: movies and video games.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

The idiot even gets the caliber wrong.

That's a .223 (or 5.56mm if you prefer) AR that he is holding.

It's also got all that tacti-cool furniture on it so it must be Eeeeeevvvvviiiillll! LOL

What a twit.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
And another thing....

That guy with the badge must be laughing so hard inside.

I couldn't have listened to that without laughing out loud.

I just watched it again.
It is subtle, but the guy in uniform blinks very hard when moron talks about a thirty caliber clip, then his eyes roll up just a tad when the goofball says that it can shoot thirty rounds a second.
edit on b000000312014-01-20T12:49:05-06:0012America/ChicagoMon, 20 Jan 2014 12:49:05 -06001200000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

That goes to show you how dumb and out of touch our politicians really are! If they don't have a script or teleprompter, they have no idea what they're talking about. I'm sure this guy isn't the only one. They're all moronic zombies walking the halls of congress as we speak, lol.

This is why our political system is so screwed up. It's why bills are never read, thoroughly debated or torn apart before they're passed. It's why we all get screwed in the end. Incompetence leads to incompetent laws. We have incompetent people representing us that shouldn't have even been elected.

edit on 20-1-2014 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Galvatron

Oh, you know those people too?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yeah, this guy is a complete troll.

It's almost as bad as a former governor of my state claiming that he hunts, shoots and loves guns, -So during his precious little PR campaign, he attempted to shoot a rifle with a scope. I don't reckon that any of his handlers explained to him that you should NOT put your eye right against the scope during firing, but he did! BANG!! Black eye. I laughed so hard that I cried.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yeah, the system works all right!

People still blindly vote for the ones who spoon feed them.
Must be nice to be the voting public and have no brain nor a place to put one.

Just like this guy.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Well OP...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/rw51f20804.jpg[/atsimg]

I think it's an epidemic. It afflicts those who choose politics in their professional life and it seems to be very damaging to the moral and high reasoning centers of the human brain. Who knows quite what the illness is...but they all seem to suffer from various stages of it!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

sheepslayer247

Disclaimer: I am being facetious.
edit on 20-1-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)
Apparently Ghost Guns are plastic guns that can evade metal detectors and/or unregistered weapons that can fall into the hands of people who are legally prohibited from owning firearms under state law.

abcnews.go.com...

I'm going to out on a limb and assume he was referring to the latter when talking about the AR-15. I don't much about AR-15s, but I'm pretty sure you can't make them (or any other gun for that matter) entirely out of plastic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join