It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror 'Surprise' for Sochi Olympics? Purported Suicide Bombers' New Threat

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Keep your eyes on Geneva2

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

"“First, they have to foot this ridiculous bill for the Games; second, in order to provide all those security personnel, they have to come from somewhere else; and third, it galvanizes the insurgency,” Galeotti said. “This is a chance to really take advantage of the international spotlight. Let’s face it: There are terrorist attacks every week in the North Caucasus. Now they can do something on a platform.”

Despite Galeotti’s analysis of the region, he said interior Sochi should be safe given the enormous resources being poured into it, and he cautions against postponing or moving the Games, because it would appear to concede to terrorism, not to mention how it would insult blameless Russians.

“What the terrorists are trying to do is get everyone to talk about security and not sport, and they are succeeding,” he said. “They are keeping up pressure, with attacks on other cities, releasing threats on videos, all these things allow them to control the narrative.”

That is exactly my point. It won't be Sochi but it certainly could be elsewhere in Russia. Does anyone honestly think Putin would allow anything to happen?? Again this is not a democracy. This is one of the most intrusive Nations on earth. The article says 60,000 troops now. With constant drone presence. Nothing will happen in Sochi itself. Elsewhere may be a different matter entirely.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Perhaps the questions we should be asking are along the lines of who specifically benefits from terrorist threats on the games?

Look at the moves taking place...

Putin has been able to reposition very large numbers of troops and materials into the region. He has been given free reign by the world-at-large to step up counter-insurgency measures within his boarders.

On the other end of things, we've been reading of a lot of "cooperation" between US and Russian intelligence agencies. I'm not sure of how far that cooperation extends, but it opens some doors to allow for covert US agents to be placed in Russia a bit easier. It also allows opportunities for assets to be flipped or compromised on both sides.

The final thing is the arrival of US warships and aircraft in the region. Could the US be preparing to overtly meddle in the affairs of the destablizing Ukraine?

None of this could be the case, of course, but I think one of the things we're best at here is trying to look beyond the distraction towards what it is our attention might be diverted away from. So much of the story right now is spectacle and show... classic Hollywood tension-building... and this time, not some of our paranoid ravings (I'm including myself here) that lead up to the London games... this is major world-wide headlines.

The stage is being set for something... something we may never see... but all of this terrorist noise really feels like misdirection.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I find these reports to be complete drivel; they are being propagated by the US government and US media who has been engaging in an F Russia campaign for almost a year. Their deceptive tactics have included: false translations, countless disparaging stories on the "Sochi they don't want you to see", accusing Russia of gross overspending on this Olympics (I should point out that the proposed budget for Chicago 2016 was far greater than what is being spent in Sochi)

With the intensity of our F Russia propaganda campaign, I have to wonder what the endgame is for the US government.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
hmmmm... did anybody catch this, from the original abc article....

TextU.S. counterterrorism operatives are helping Russian security agents in the hunt for a "white widow" -- the wife of a dead terrorist -- who could already be inside the massive security zone set up for next month's winter Olympics. Ruzanna Ibragimova, the 22-year-old widow of a jihadist killed during the Moscow theater attack, is believed to have traveled from Dagestan to Sochi, according to a Russian security bulletin obtained by FoxNews.com, along with photos of her. The bulletin and photos were distributed by the Russian security force FSB and Sochi security officials to U.S. and other security agencies late last week.

for those that dont remeber are are not old enogh too..the ,moscow theater attack was in 2002...

the revised article now says

Ruzanna Ibragimova, the 22-year-old widow of a jihadist killed by Russian security forces, is believed to have traveled from Dagestan to Sochi, according to a Russian security bulletin obtained by FoxNews.com, along with photos of her. The bulletin and photos were distributed by the Russian security force FSB and Sochi security officials to U.S. and other security agencies late last week.

www.foxnews.com...

a 'simple' error has the disinfo already started?!? how many people will read the original article and never see the revision or didnt do the math

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

Well, there IS nothing sadder than a 10 year old widow.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

Wow ... I did not catch that. According to my limited ability to Math that means she was 10 or 11 at the time of the Bombing. As I mentioned earlier I think she has become the boogie man. She was supposedly in Kenya for the mall attack. Somehow she gets back into Russia and heads for Sochi? I am not buying it. I think it is an excuse to step up security to an absurd level. Let's be real... 22? There is something very wrong with what we are being fed right now.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
They really screwed the pooch on this one.

You think USA is bad when it comes to threats and the like? HAH! Let me tell you something about Russian dignity:

You'd have better luck trying to split the atom with a pair of tweezers than pressuring Russia into anything besides kicking your ass. Those "Ruskies" are tough and our friend Putin looks like he gives a MEAN right hook, if you catch my drift. If there is an attack on the olympics, russia will want blood, and lots of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join