It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Picture?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hello

I'd like to share an observation.

No, I wont be taking any credit for others astute observations and apparent quickness of thought. This is just another possible pattern of recent events I've noticed. I'm sure I'm not alone here. So I thought I'd pull some recent finds and members observation into one thread. I've no doubt others have noticed this as well. I'm also aware that there is the very real possibility that more is due to be revealed/discovered and shared in the coming months...

I think Humanity is about to realize it's place in the 'Big Picture' Let's take a quick look at some of the most recent discoveries posted by our members here at ATS shall we?

New Evidence Corroborates the Quantum Mind

Discovery of quantum vibrations in 'microtubules' corroborates theory of consciousness

A review and update of a controversial 20-year-old theory of consciousness published in Physics of Life Reviews claims that consciousness derives from deeper level, finer scale activities inside brain neurons. The recent discovery of quantum vibrations in "microtubules" inside brain neurons corroborates this theory, according to review authors Stuart Hameroff and Sir Roger Penrose. They suggest that EEG rhythms (brain waves) also derive from deeper level microtubule vibrations, and that from a practical standpoint, treating brain microtubule vibrations could benefit a host of mental, neurological, and cognitive conditions. The theory, called "orchestrated objective reduction" ('Orch OR'), was first put forward in the mid-1990s by eminent mathematical physicist Sir Roger Penrose, FRS, Mathematical Institute and Wadham College, University of Oxford, and prominent anesthesiologist Stuart Hameroff, MD, Anesthesiology, Psychology and Center for Consciousness Studies, The University of Arizona, Tucson. They suggested that quantum vibrational computations in microtubules were "orchestrated" ("Orch") by synaptic inputs and memory stored in microtubules, and terminated by Penrose "objective reduction" ('OR'), hence "Orch OR." Microtubules are major components of the cell structural skeleton.

Scientists Discover a Jewel at the Heart of Quantum Physics

Physicists reported this week the discovery of a jewel-like geometric object that dramatically simplifies calculations of particle interactions and challenges the notion that space and time are fundamental components of reality.

“This is completely new and very much simpler than anything that has been done before,” said Andrew Hodges, a mathematical physicist at Oxford University who has been following the work.

The revelation that particle interactions, the most basic events in nature, may be consequences of geometry significantly advances a decades-long effort to reformulate quantum field theory, the body of laws describing elementary particles and their interactions. Interactions that were previously calculated with mathematical formulas thousands of terms long can now be described by computing the volume of the corresponding jewel-like “amplituhedron,” which yields an equivalent one-term expression.

Scientists Claim That Quantum Theory Proves Consciousness Moves To Another Universe At Death

A book titled “Biocentrism: How Life and Consciousness Are the Keys to Understanding the Nature of the Universe“ has stirred up the Internet, because it contained a notion that life does not end when the body dies, and it can last forever. The author of this publication, scientist Dr. Robert Lanza who was voted the 3rd most important scientist alive by the NY Times, has no

Vast, mysterious structure discovered at the heart of our galaxy

Two enormous, gamma-ray-emitting structures are bubbling out of the center of our galaxy. And astronomers have no idea what caused them. These bubbles, which stretch an astonishing 25,000 light years above and below the galactic plane, are invisible to the naked eye. But astronomers working with data from the Fermi space telescope, which detects gamma rays, were able to see the structures.

Colossal Cosmic Accelerator Discovered Hovering Above Earth

"The puzzle ever since their discovery has been how do the particles get accelerated up to nearly the speed of light?"

Newly released research has identified the existence of a giant cosmic accelerator above the Earth--a natural space "synchrotron accelerator" has scales of hundreds of thousands of kilometers, dwarfing even the largest man-made similar accelerators such as the Large Hadron Collider at CERN, which has a circumference of only 27 kilometres. By analyzing data from NASA's Van Allen probes, University of Alberta physicist Ian Mann, together with his colleagues at NASA and other institutes, have been able to measure and identify the "smoking gun" of a planetary scale process that accelerates particles to speeds close to the speed of light within the Van Allen radiation belt.

Astronomers Capture The First Image Of The Mysterious Web That Connects All Galaxies

For the first time, astronomers were able to see a string of hot gas known as a filament that is thought to be part of the mysterious underlying structure that dictates the layout of all the stars and galaxies in our universe.

Frequencies and psychic energy that heal DNA changes understanding of consciousness and reality

Luc Montagnier , a Nobel prize winning scientist who shared the 2008 prize for medicine for his role in establishing the link between HIV and AIDS, has proven with his latest experiments that DNA can transfer its information electromagnetically. Montagnier and his team say this suggests DNA emits its own electromagnetic signals that imprint the DNA’s structure on other molecules (like water).

Now, the Questions.

Are we reaching the point of possible Global Awareness of ourselves and our place in the Universe? How do these dots connect? Do they even connect at all? What story about us and our planet and existence are possibly being revealed to/about us? I dunno, has anybody else here been paying attention to these developments and are becoming ever more increasingly aware of the fact that we as a species really need to pull our collective heads out of our rears and start pulling together?

What do you think? Are we about to reach the tipping point of no return just like when the first real images of the Earth from space revealed that there were no artificial boundaries between countries but a single planet and just how vulnerable & special we of "Spaceship Earth" truly are?

edit on 20-1-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
In other words, the "big picture" is a huge tangled maelstrom of speculation?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

SLAYER69

Now, the Questions.

Are we reaching the point of possible Global Awareness of ourselves and our place in the Universe? How do these dots connect? Do they even connect at all? What story about us and our planet and existence is possibly being revealed to us? I dunno, has anybody else here been paying attention to these developments and becoming ever more increasingly aware of the fact that we as a species really need to pull our collective heads out of our rears and start pulling together.

What do you think? Are we about to reach a point of no return just like when the first real images of the Earth from space revealed that there were no artificial boundaries between countries but a single planet and just how vulnerable we of "Spaceship Earth" truly are.

edit on 20-1-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Short answer? No.

We may already have the answer. And there may be some that can glimpse at it's meaning and understanding.

But even though the answer may sit for all to see, there will not be the awareness to comprehend it's meaning.

Any number of ants may indeed unlock the door of a car. But even if they did, it does not grant them the ability to drive.

Interesting topic, good sir!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

All these notions prove is that humans enjoy speculating beyond facts into areas that they cannot understand.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
In other words, the "big picture" is a huge tangled maelstrom of speculation?

Everything here on earth is a maelstrom of speculation, only compartmentalized dogmas and ideologies lend proof to their own.

The only real proof any of us have is the one that is experienced by ourselves.

What quantum physics does is bridge a gap between the hardcore dogmas of mainstream science to allow those that have an open mind, and the ability to think outside of what they have been indoctrinated into their entire lives, and see things in a different light. (no pun intended)

I have said it before that when people start to cross the bridge of quantum physics, into metaphysics there is no turning back.

Peace out S + F for a great self awareness thread.

RT

P.S.

Slayer Global awareness imo is when you as an individual starts to see things in a different light. When ones persons global awareness changes it has a ripple effect, like a stone being cast into a still pond.

edit on 20-1-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have long said that geometry is inherent to understanding the 'big picture'.

Planet Earth is part of the 'big picture' and subject to universal laws, this has to be comprehended as a basic construct for understanding advanced concepts.

The dichotomy of it all for humanity is that most of humanity is seemingly some sort of beyond the pale animalistic race of egotists, fueled by greed and power over their fellow beings.

Such beings are egocentric, attempting viewing themselves only as the centre. They aren't, and unless they realise it themselves, the reality of it might just arrive in such a way that they don't like.

That sort of egotism is the ruin of humanity and those sorts of beings will never see past their own noses into any realms of the spiritual or meaningful.

I am certain the damage is done and unsure if humanity can ever pull through as universally worthy of ever knowing the 'big picture' as any beautiful experience.

I believe the 'quickening' of knowledge appears with planet Earths position in the solar system and Universe. Perhaps a time of trial for those that deny the true reality of the universe and the infinite creative power. Claiming divine creative power as their own will be their downfall.

Perhaps this is a warning from the Eternal and Infinite Power.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Words

All these notions prove is that humans enjoy speculating beyond facts into areas that they cannot understand.

"Facts" are nothing more than someone that made others believe something was so.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Problem is...what will man do with such information.

If history has proven anything, it is that man will exploit everything for his benefit. So if all this leads to the "Big Picture", then what will come from it? A Global Awareness? I highly doubt it. There are much too many conflicting ideas, beliefs and dogmas for everyone to accept as one universal theory.

Too many arguments about who's is the best.

I say, with all this information comes the big reset.

WE KNOW TOO MUCH. (the plug will be pulled)

Excellent thread.

*S&F*

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Please stick to the topic.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
"The Big Picture" is a bit funny to us, individually, since we each have our own part in it but think ours is somehow superior to everyone elses..

For a few years now, I have been talking about some of the choices that new advancements in technology will provide. The more efficient some technology is at extracting energy, the more powerful our weapons become as well. There will eventually be a line where the technology can be used to thrive, or the technology can be used to destroy. A single act in either direction will likely decide the fate of mankind. I really do think this is an eloquent form of judgment.

The links between all of these things is not immediately apparent, but I think that will come with further exploration.

To me, the biggest question is; If celestial bodies exhibit these behaviors, is it also applicable to individual human bodies? If so, does free will have an actual physical effect beyond just our actions?

I am of the mind that some of the greatest discoveries are yet to come, but that they will come soon. Things like time-independent equations are, imo, looking in the right place. I think our current approach of either "everything must make sense according to relativity" or "quantum completely negates any and all relativity formulae" might be flawed from the premise. It could be, that like water and air, we are simply looking at two different mediums.

One piece is missing from most of the the individual pictures though, one that is directly and consciously mitigated in everything from circuit design to household plumbing. Funny how things can hide right in front of us for so very long.
edit on 20-1-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

It was my connecting of these and similar dots, that eventually led me to being born again. I don't have all the answers. But I tell you, my whole life I believed in 'magic.' Or, that there was more to reality than we can see with our eyes, and touch with our skin. I never understood that belief, sometimes I felt foolish for wanting to know more about it. Where did that thought come from? It seems like thought often originates outside ourselves. Now I know. Sometimes, I picture my higher self screaming down at me: "WHY? Why did you do that??"

I've learned a lot about myself, and about God. I feel that people are more amazing than we can comprehend, at this point in space-time. I like that you are opening yourself up to the universe, and allowing it to fill you. Welcome to the real world.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

havok

If history has proven anything, it is that man will exploit everything for his benefit. So if all this leads to the "Big Picture", then what will come from it? A Global Awareness? I highly doubt it. There are much too many conflicting ideas, beliefs and dogmas for everyone to accept as one universal theory.

Havok,

I think you would be correct here, waiting for one big global awareness is imo dis-empowering. Kind of like waiting for 2012, or the end of the world.

On the other hand. What is global? Something external or internal.

IMO again.

If ones looks to an external source then it lends to dis-empowerment, hence wars, chaos we see, and the wonderful roller-coaster that many of us seem to like to ride on.

Now, if we look internally for global awareness we are at a point of empowerment and co-creating everything we are.

Our world as we see it is a reflection of what we project internally. And at this point many people are projecting what is transpiring currently.

Have you ever been in a room with someone that has an aura of peace, happiness, and love that you can feel across the room?

Most likely this person is self-empowered and projecting a different world, one that many would love to have, but don't realize they have the power withing themselves to do it.

Simplicity is best, but yet we seem to weave this maze of religions, politics, chaos, facts, and hardcore belief systems that trick individuals into thinking that is who they are, what they should believe, and that they are powerless without them, but let the truth be known we all have the power within.

No one is greater, or less we are all connected we have just conveniently forgotten.

edit on 20-1-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Watched all the videos and read the captions. Synopses - look at the bigger picture - just because we stop perceiving does not mean things cease to exist - the universe is an organism (maybe) and our brains are a replication of this (never truly dying but rather being reabsorbed and brought forth in another form - but we still want to figure out how to screw with microtubule vibrations because this will assure we all see things the same - perceptions/consciousness. Is that correct?

I think all of this is saying - we have the ability to blend consciousness and unconsciousness to fully understand the bigger sceme of things - but to do so we need to fully understand each separately. How about we pay attention to unconscious processes more (instinct, unexplained phenomenon) - and begin blending in this way?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I already had every thread you list there on both my subscription list and mental "to keep" list. Very nice information has been flowing here, on the web, and out of theoretical minds and labs lately, and ATS is all the better for it.
edit on 20-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I think there is a chance we already have "one big global awareness," it is just beyond our current comprehension how that would even work. Its just a matter of having all of us actually take responsibility for what we have created.

When it comes down to it, all of us participate in the world we see today. All of us have had our hand in creating it.

If only we were to approach technological advancement with the concept of increasing quality of life, rather than profits in a small percentage of bank accounts..

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I think Humanity is about to realize it's place in the 'Big Picture'

Initially my thoughts on this were no, probably not. That said, it's possible that even if this global awareness takes place we would not be aware of it anyway (as individuals) any more than the cell of a body is aware of the complete totality of being a human being.
edit on 835pm2929pm12014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The quandries of our connection to the universe and what conscioussness is, is enough to break the mind.

It seems to me that our mind is a non dimensional entity that can manifest itself into external worlds that it creates through thought paradigms and vibrations.

Its a bit paradoxal because it seems like there are 2 exrteme and distinct worlds that exist, on one hand we have an obviously true physical world that we are able to manipulate creative through process and engineering. Then on the other hand there is an obvious other world of experience in which our "mind" or observer rests that is external or non physically dimensional and unexplainable, as of yet. Then there is the connection between the two!

How does the thought paradigm nondimensional experience world of the self or observer manifest itself into a world of dimensionality and mathematics?

How do we go from nothing, non existant void vacuum, nothingness or nonbeing to being connection material mass?

What is it that enables this?

The forces of nature and consciousness are not as easily defined as the scientist may think. The focres at work here are far outside of the realm of human speculation.

Place your trust in God whatever it is and know that there is more to existance then what we can even begin to fathom.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join