It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would love an interpretation; Dream of Center of Infinity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I am a very, very vivid dreamer. Yesterday I awoke to a dream in which I found enlightening and disturbing. I am seeing it in a few ways, and feel unsure. I am having a hard time putting it into words....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in what looked like something out of Diagon Alley from Harry Potter. I was surrounded by hundreds of women. Half of them I knew, the other half I did not. Many were co-workers from the hospital or classmates from school. I felt a war brewing, and I remember that I felt nervous and somewhat fearful because I did not know what was expected of me. I was in shock of that knowledge since I always felt I knew what to expect. I knew that everyone had some type of magical or gifted powers but I did not know what my power or gift was. I also knew that this was also a higher learning class in some type of simulation, and that there would be a test of some kind after the conflict. That was all I knew.

I walked into a huge theater where women were sitting at tables opposing each other from the middle point. As I entered, I looked around and there was only one seat left. It looked like there was a council of women that I was not a part of and they were at opposing ends. I took note of where my seat was; exactly in the middle.

I don’t know who struck first, I think it was the opposing end, but she shot out a light of energy from her hands and attempted to strike another noble women on my ends council. The woman stood up and blocked the attack by building up a dome of ice around her. The ice looked like crystals, giant crystals that were unbreakable. She then shot out some energy and threw the other woman through the wall. Everyone in the building began to run and hide. Teams were building and I felt left out, again I am running and find a table to hide under.

A woman from the opposing team found me and I tried to throw energy at her. I looked at my hands and concentrated on the energy. I witnessed bright white and blue sparks like electricity drifting over my fingertips like an arc. I felt the power within and tried my best to throw it, but it was not yet strong enough in my opinion. The woman looked at me, bowed and walked away. Chaos ensued and I was running again, although now I did not know who the enemy was. I was confused because I saw both sides of the equation. I saw women running out of the building across a bridge and I followed. Almost everyone disappeared with the exception of myself and about a dozen other women whom I did NOT know. We all looked around, acknowledged each other in a most telepathically spiritual way.

Then I noticed something. It was a canal, running in the middle of what I knew to be two sides. Like the equator, my mind told me. The canal was raised like a fish tank about 3 feet high and went into the earth about 3 feet. It was about 3 feet wide. In that moment I saw the future. I knew where to hide.

I jumped into the canal and hid myself in a specific spot and position. The other women also followed and jumped in. I noticed that all of a sudden I am at the bottom of this canal, underwater and that I could breathe. I breathed deeply just as if I was above the water. I was amazed that I could do it, up until another moment of chaos when women were being snatched out of the water. I could see shadows of death and destruction above me and knew that this was no game, this was real, and although I could not see who or what is was, and I knew it was after me for some reason. I stayed where I was, breathing deeply, sitting in a fetal position. Time passed in a blink and it became very dark and silence surrounded me, but I dared not leave this womb of safety. There I waited patiently, where I was waiting to be reborn. I told myself I had succeeded. I had made it to the center of infinity. I was made to be a balance, to see and understand both sides equally. I was also made to be a weight; to bring balance back into the equation. After than moment of realization and lucidity, I lifted the gates within the canal and let myself swim through each section, which became the figure 8. I came back to my place in the center and I was instantly born again.

If you read this entire dream and have any thoughts, please share.
I would love to hear a possible interpretation, it may be something I have missed in my own thoughts.

Star*

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

sounds to me like you are soul searching,

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

NFINITY (also eternity): In ancient India and Tibet, it represented perfection, dualism, and unity between male and female. In the occult tarot it`s linked to magic and represents equilibrium or the balance of various forces. The uroborus (a circular serpent biting its tail -- a UN symbol for "Human Settlements") has been found in this shape. In modern times, it became a secular mathematical symbol for infinity in numbers, time or space.

Perhaps the fact that there were no men in your dream was symbolic, are you having issues with guys or girls?

The fact there was a war is probably the sign of an internal struggle and your fear the outcome.

I'm stabbing in the dark here and attempting educated guesses but I reckon you have some worries involving a partner maybe?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

I have an idea of what your dream is about but I will talk with you a little more privately methinks...

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It seems your subconcious is telling you to not take sides and remain neutral. Are you in the middle of a feud or something in real life? Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I can tell you what several of the people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

I'd be curious whether you're a woman, and to within a decade, your age (teens, twenties, ..., nineties). But my comments don't really require that information before going forward.

This is in the "big dream" category as Carl Jung used the term. The timing of the dream might have to do with specific things going on in your life, and some part of its meaning might be personal and timely, but the contents (the actual imagery and motifs used) are more widespread and timeless. Thus, I am emboldened to say anything at all. I'll also try to be brief, and so will comment in "broad brush strokes."

The dream opens with your going to a multiply removed place (your seat, surrounded by other dream characters, in a theater, in a distinctive neighborhood). Lots of big dreams are set in a multiply removed place, and the opening action is to travel there or within there. This is where the waking self (the dream character "You") meets representatives of unconscious contents (all these other dream characters you don't know). In your case, there are also people from your waking life, too. Each of you has your powers and strengths, but going in, you "did not know what my power or gift was." And you know that you are there to learn.

After a little demonstration of what the others can do (borrowing from popular culture images of power, which isn't unusual), you find out about what you can do (the energy in your hands; similar in kind to what you've seen that the others have). You feel that you aren't strong enough to do what you have seen the others do, but a representative of the others shows respect for what you can do.

Then we have some chaos again, and you find yourself aware of a more literal power peculiar to the conscious waking self ("I saw both sides of the equation"), and you begin to understand that you have a task - reconciliation of opposites, extracting order from chaos, ..., finding the still center (and you even borrow Christian cultural images of being born again when you succeed).

So, that's what happens. You join forces with willingly cooperative representatives of unconscious contents (dream characters you don't know... well, you do now), and encounter the all time prize-winning unconscious image of the unconscious itself: a body or vessel of water within which the waking self character can breathe (often unexpectedly, and sometimes without explanation).

The chaos doesn't go away, but it turns out that "you can swim in the water where others drown" (I am indebted to Joseph Campbell for that phrase), and you find the center (reconcile the opposites, extract order from the chaos), allowing a new integrated person (that is, the union of the waking self and the cooperative, until now unknown, unconscious contents).

That doesn't account for all the imagery, but the emphasis on "finding the center" between opposites could hardly be repeated any more than it is. Jungians think of all that as "individuation" (searchable, as is "big dream jung"), and as your dream suggests, it is a redemptive life task, a goal of enormous worth, and involves the alignment of conscious and unconscious contents in a stable balance. You might consider looking into "shadow work jung," another searchable term.

Thank you for posting the dream. You will probably be thinking about it years from now, so even if you find it hard to put into words, it is probably worthwhile to record as much about it as you can while the recollection is fresh. If words don't cut it (and I suspect we dream in images because words don't easily express certain things), then consider other ways to record aspects of it: drawing, sculpting, dancing, singing, ... whatever seems appropriate to you.

Well dreamt.
-
edit on 22-1-2014 by eight bits because: errant keystroke

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

eight bits
Disclaimer: I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I can tell you what several of the people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

I'd be curious whether you're a woman, and to within a decade, your age (teens, twenties, ..., nineties). But my comments don't really require that information before going forward.

This is in the "big dream" category as Carl Jung used the term. The timing of the dream might have to do with specific things going on in your life, and some part of its meaning might be personal and timely, but the contents (the actual imagery and motifs used) are more widespread and timeless. Thus, I am emboldened to say anything at all. I'll also try to be brief, and so will comment in "broad brush strokes."

The dream opens with your going to a multiply removed place (your seat, surrounded by other dream characters, in a theater, in a distinctive neighborhood). Lots of big dreams are set in a multiply removed place, and the opening action is to travel there or within there. This is where the waking self (the dream character "You") meets representatives of unconscious contents (all these other dream characters you don't know). In your case, there are also people from your waking life, too. Each of you has your powers and strengths, but going in, you "did not know what my power or gift was." And you know that you are there to learn.

After a little demonstration of what the others can do (borrowing from popular culture images of power, which isn't unusual), you find out about what you can do (the energy in your hands; similar in kind to what you've seen that the others have). You feel that you aren't strong enough to do what you have seen the others do, but a representative of the others shows respect for what you can do.

Then we have some chaos again, and you find yourself aware of a more literal power peculiar to the conscious waking self ("I saw both sides of the equation"), and you begin to understand that you have a task - reconciliation of opposites, extracting order from chaos, ..., finding the still center (and you even borrow Christian cultural images of being born again when you succeed).

So, that's what happens. You join forces with willingly cooperative representatives of unconscious contents (dream characters you don't know... well, you do now), and encounter the all time prize-winning unconscious image of the unconscious itself: a body or vessel of water within which the waking self character can breathe (often unexpectedly, and sometimes without explanation).

The chaos doesn't go away, but it turns out that "you can swim in the water where others drown" (I am indebted to Joseph Campbell for that phrase), and you find the center (reconcile the opposites, extract order from the chaos), allowing a new integrated person (that is, the union of the waking self and the cooperative, until now unknown, unconscious contents).

That doesn't account for all the imagery, but the emphasis on "finding the center" between opposites could hardly be repeated any more than it is. Jungians think of all that as "individuation" (searchable, as is "big dream jung"), and as your dream suggests, it is a redemptive life task, a goal of enormous worth, and involves the alignment of conscious and unconscious contents in a stable balance. You might consider looking into "shadow work jung," another searchable term.

Thank you for posting the dream. You will probably be thinking about it years from now, so even if you find it hard to put into words, it is probably worthwhile to record as much about it as you can while the recollection is fresh. If words don't cut it (and I suspect we dream in images because words don't easily express certain things), then consider other ways to record aspects of it: drawing, sculpting, dancing, singing, ... whatever seems appropriate to you.

Well dreamt.
-
edit on 22-1-2014 by eight bits because: errant keystroke

I love your interpretation!! Makes lots of sense to me!

I want to thank those who have replied to this thread, Thank you so much!

This is definitely a dream that I will remember forever!!!

My plan to try some Psychocartography and see what I come up with!

new topics

top topics

join