It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hebrew/Israeli help needed for brief UFO research task

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Do we have any Hebrew speakers (ideally in Israel) that are interested in UFOs that could lend a hand (hopefully relatively briefly) with a bit of research (basically a few Google searches for some material in Hebrew with a little bit of translation)?

ArMaP's useful thread The UFO-Alien Applied Linguistics Registry lists one member that has offered to help with Hebrew translations but the relevant member (ZeroKnowledge) hasn't logged in to ATS during the last 10 days or so.

If anyone can assist, I'll send the details by U2U.

Ideally, I'd like someone that has a Facebook account so that a couple of queries can be posted on a Facebook page or two in Hebrew - but this probably isn't essential.

edit on 20-1-2014 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Hey there....

My cousin is into ATS sometimes, and he lives in Israel and speaks hebrew. I also am fluent in Hebrew.

So msg me and ill see what we can help with!

edit on 2014-01-20T07:45:00-06:00201401bam3101am0031 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

combatmaster
My cousin is into ATS sometimes, and he lives in Israel and speaks hebrew. I also am fluent in Hebrew.

Great. I've sent you a U2U.

Many thanks combatmaster.

Just let me know if the relevant task turns out not to be of interest to you.
edit on 20-1-2014 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I know a translator in Tel Aviv, he does Russian-English work mainly but he is fluent in Hebrew. He might not do it for free however - but if you need a translator, I would very much recommend him.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

combatmaster

So msg me and ill see what we can help with!

Combatmaster has changed his mind about helping (as he is perfectly entitled to do), so I'm still on the look out for some assistance.

I've had a U2U from someone else so I'll try my luck with him.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I use two different translators online, to cross reference any inconsistencies;

google

imtranslator

put this in imtranslator; עברית שלי לא טובה

It's supposed to mean my hebrew is not good!

Is it an article you want translated?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

loveguy

I'm trying to find some material online in Hebrew.

So, it's a bit more complicated than translating an article I have since the material has to be found first.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

IsaacKoi

loveguy

I'm trying to find some material online in Hebrew.

So, it's a bit more complicated than translating an article I have since the material has to be found first.

If you know the keywords/phrase in English, have google translate to hebrew, then search with hebrew charactors?
Or vice-versa?

How's this; reports of ufos = דיווחים על עב"מים

משרד ההגנה בלונדון התיר לפרסם מאות מסמכים מסווגים העוסקים בדיווחים על עצמים מעופפים. מסמך אחד מגולל טענות של מדען על פגישה סודית שהתרחשה במלחמת העולם השנייה בין ראש הממשלה צ'רצ'יל לגנרל האמריקני אייזנהאואר

translates to;

Ministry of Defence in London allowed to publish hundreds of classified documents dealing with reports of flying objects. One document tells of a scientist's claims on a secret meeting took place during World War II Prime Minister Churchill American General Eisenhower

hoping to be of help.

edit on (1/20/1414 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

loveguy
hoping to be of help.

I appreciate that.

I've sent you a U2U explaining the relevant background, which I would prefer not to post on the open forum until I've double-checked things. So far, I haven't been able to use the automatic translation tools (e.g. Google Translate) to do this properly.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Hi Isaac,

I can babble in Hebrew a little, read a little, but could never write. I'm afraid I can't really assist you, moreover, I don't have a Hebrew keyboard and writing without one would be tricky. Add to this that English is also not my language... you don't really need my help.

However, if the research is related to UFO, may I suggest to look for help on the message board of The Israeli Extraterrestrial & UFO Research Association: www.eura.org.il...

Getting on the forum, signing up etc, could be be difficult and for this I am posting here their e-mail address and the contact page:

www.eura.org.il...

[email protected]

I am a member of the forum but haven't visited it since the time of the infamous Jerusalem UFO. I see that the forum is still active and you may be able to find help there. My impression from a short discussion with them regarding the Jerusalem UFO was that they are helpful level-minded people.

Iza (aka stiver)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

stiver
However, if the research is related to UFO, may I suggest to look for help on the message board of The Israeli Extraterrestrial & UFO Research Association: www.eura.org.il...

[email protected]

Many thanks.

I'll send them an email tomorrow and see if they understand a request in English.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I've sent an email to The Israeli Extraterrestrial & UFO Research Association, using Google Translate to include the following introduction:

אתה מדבר אנגלית/ עברית?

אני לא מדבר עברית

אני מקווה שאתה יכול לעזור

which is a translation of:

Do you speak English?

I do not speak Hebrew.

I hope you can help

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Good work guys I was just about to help you guys out on this one but I see you have translated it ,I have taught myself to write Hebrew I'm in process of learning how to read it and translate from Hebrew to English ,keep up the great threads

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Also does anyone know of any alien implant threads going on lately? ,I have questions ,i have done my research but i need to know if anyone else has had the experience i did hopefully an ats member can help me out .some strange occurrences have happened in the last few years and I have reason to belive I may have one behind my ear, last year my boyfriend took a magnet to it and I felt a small tug and what felt like a pin or needle poking and scraping me from the inside, then suddenly a jolt like an electric zap it hurt for about five mins afterward and then the area became all red an inflamed ,need to know if anyone else has put a magnet up to a suspected implant area and was zapped?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

now you just got me curious...

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

IsaacKoi
I've sent an email to The Israeli Extraterrestrial & UFO Research Association, using Google Translate to include the following introduction:

אתה מדבר אנגלית/ עברית?

אני לא מדבר עברית

אני מקווה שאתה יכול לעזור

which is a translation of:

Do you speak English?

I do not speak Hebrew.

I hope you can help

Hi Isaac,

I'm terribly sorry, but I forgot to mention in my post that most Israelis read, write and speak English fluently.
I'm afraid, it's possible that you may not receive a reply to your e-mail, although it is perfectly written in Hebrew and probably you spent valuable time translating it. I'm sorry, I had to tell you that you can write to them with your request in regular English just as you wrote it here, on the forum, including a couple of additional details regarding the matter of the research, how it relates to ufology, and why you need help with Hebrew translation. If I can understand you - they will understand you too. English is not my language and I don't live in an English speaking country. When I had a short discussion with them, it was in English. They know it better than me.

Isaac, I sincerely apologize for misleading you.

stiver

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

stiver

IsaacKoi

When I had a short discussion with them, it was in English. They know it better than me.
Isaac, I sincerely apologize for misleading you.

No problem at all. From your post I thought they might speak English and I sent the bulk of my request in English but, rather than appear to arrogantly assume they could speak English, I used Google Translate to include the brief introduction I mentioned above. This only took a few seconds to do that for the introduction so please do not worry about it.

In fact, I have had now had a series of exchanges with that group (in English
) and have made some progress. I still need to finally nail down the relevant points, but think I am almost there.

So, I appreciate the suggestion. It worked.

new topics

top topics

join