It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video capture card on their computer request

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Heya everyone.

So yeah, I'm hoping to get a response from someone here who has this.

You would simply Desktop record about 30 seconds on your computer screen watching me play a game of pool.

I would love for it to be in HD with a high frame rate.

I've tried using CamStudio myself, but with the computer I'm using, I get about 1 frame every 8 seconds.

I'm thinking that I would probably need to online chat or even make a telephone call to whomever might be up for this.

So I'm sorry if that scares anyone away.

I just want to upload an original YouTube video that might make a few people happy by watching it.

This is a preview of what you would be recording that I made yesterday.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Im slightly confused by this post (this may be due to the stupid amount of beer consumed over the weekend), have you tried Fraps? I found it worked very well on older machines recording HD with up to 60 fps easily with no lag. For examples - on my last PC I recorded this:

Sorry I know its a CoD game
but alas I love to play
edit on 3103America/Chicagokamb2014201455America/Chicago by thekaboose because: (no reason given)

edit on 3103America/Chicagokamb2014201417America/Chicago by thekaboose because: (no reason given)

edit on 3103America/Chicagokamb2014201427America/Chicago by thekaboose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by thekaboose

I've had too many beers as well!

Cheers buddy!

Oh, and thanks for mentioning Fraps.

Never heard of it, but I'll give this a try.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Fraps is paid for, but you can use the free version which records 30 seconds at a time

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by thekaboose

I actually did that run in 28 seconds.

I downloaded the app but can't figure anything out of it.

Dear Lord that is so confusing to use.

Stupid beer.

edit on 20-1-2014 by Steffenfield because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Dxtory. I used to use Fraps. Dxtory is superior although not as easy to use as Fraps. So you might want to stick with Fraps.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Yeah fraps costs money but its really not very much and you have it for ever.

I use it to record web browser content as well as games, it works pretty well HOWEVER it records in RAW data format which means it chews 3.99 gig segments every minute or so, so you will have to use a video editor to compress and combine the raw data into one file with a better codec into another a file format, luckily "windows movie maker" is free and does this perfectly.

new topics

top topics

join