It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

starting back to school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm returning to college on Wednesday..... And I am so nervous! It's not like me to get worked up over this kind of stuff, but I really am feeling off. I have this fear that I will be the elder of my fellow students (I'm 28 and is a ridiculous thing to worry about), even though I know that is absurd to be concerned with. There are so many people going back to continue schooling these days, so I shouldn't stick out too much! I know it doesn't matter, gotta do it. Just wanted to voice my apprehension. Thanks for listening!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
First Semester back into school?

Just curious..as I'm 40 and in Community College, chasing a transfer degree into the 4yr University.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry much. Last year in my school there was two mid 50's early 60 women that were attending.
Its a place that you learn what you desire. You can have fun doing it. And be around like minded motivated people.

Nothing like high school.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I went to college right after high school, but I ended up moving around a bit. I went back a few years ago, but only stayed for one semester because I found out I was expecting. So, here I go again! Third time's a charm, right?
I am also at a community college. Hoping to apply to and be accepted to dental hygiene school next January!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I just turned 26 and am still at my community college. 61 credit hours so far. (Im kind of in limbo in what to do for my Bachelors at the moment. Decisions decisions.....)

Don't worry, there's a more than just a few of us who were late to college/took a break and restarted. I didn't even graduate High School. I only made it until early sophomore year and dropped out and got my GED. Yes, odds are there's going to be a majority of teenagers just getting out of HS in your classes, but there's going to be a good amount of mid-late 20's and some old timers in there to. (Atleast this is from my experience at my community college)

ETA - I started college only a few years ago. After re-reading my post I thought I may have given the impression Ive been at the community college since my teens.....
edit on 20-1-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by chelsdh

Congratulations! The cafeteria or food court during your first coffee break ought to take care of any out of place feelings you have. Once you see that there are students there of all ages, you will relax more. Rest assured that your anxiety will pass. It's an exciting time for you and I wish you oodles of fun, lots of marveling moments and of course lots of success.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Good luck!! I was 27 when I went back to school. I had the same apprehensions as you but was pleasantly surprised to find the people in my classes were from all age groups!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Just updating.... school is going great! I have the best A&P professor- who does not have unrealistic expectations of what we will be able to retain! Online class is going well too, although it is too easy to procrastinate there!

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by chelsdh

I'm also 28

I am not in the same situation, but a similar one - I've only been doing part-time work since I graduated in 2010, or working on my own - now I'm actively looking for a slightly more intense job.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
First Semester back into school?

Just curious..as I'm 40 and in Community College, chasing a transfer degree into the 4yr University.

That's good to know, Wrabbit
I have taken some courses at my local Community College in the past few years, namely extra math classes. What are you studying? What are you studying, Chels?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I'm aiming for dental hygiene school in January. I have 2 more prerequisites before I can apply.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by chelsdh

Hey sorry I just noticed that you already told me that!

new topics

top topics

join