It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Prepared: Extreme El Nino events to double study says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
El Nino - La Nina oscillation is nothing new and has been occurring a long, long time. Some writer hoping doom will get his stuff read.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

A push to end all bombs is what is needed. The Atom bomb ripped the very fabric of the space-time continuim. Australia has a big hole in there ozone where caution is heeded for duration spent in the outdoors. R/T over exposure of radiation.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You do realize that they made this same prediction of a huge El Nino last year ... and the year before ... and guess what? We have had one weak, short-lasting El Nino over that time period. Right now, we are on the cusp of tipping back into La Nina conditions all over again.

What these predictions fail to take into account is that the PDO has flipped over into its cyclical cool period where it will be for a period of years before flipping back over to warm. The AMO has been flipped to cool for a few years already. This also has something to do with the crashing of the Pacific Coastal food chains. Cooler surface water prevailing conditions are less conducive to the plants and animals presently dominating, so their populations are dying back along with all the disease and other things you expect to see in weakened, hungry populations.

And this is to say nothing of what the sun is going through and causing to happen.

Those of you in the Southwest may be seeing the beginning another drought cycle to rival the one that killed off the Anasazi civilization. Ironically, cooler = drier out there.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

During El Niño events, increased precipitation is expected in California due to a more southerly, zonal, storm track.states, as well as

During the El Niño portion of ENSO, increased precipitation falls along the Gulf coast and Southeast due to a stronger than normal, and more southerly, polar jet stream.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
That explains why spring is 3 months early in my neck of the woods. No more snow in the forecast - just a rain shower for Wednesday. Beautiful weather but really strange.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'd like to throw another another angel to the increasing extreme weather phenomenons happening around the world.

There was a thread I read last week on ATS about how the GPS system/satellites need to constantly readjust their zero points because of the earths magnetic wobble. or something along those lines.

What if the world is physically tilting a little more.....due to either other influences in space or from earthquakes here on earth.

If the tilt of the earths axis increased slightly, that would cause more severe seasons.

Summers would be hotter and winters would be colder.

Is there any way to check/verify if the worlds tilt has increased?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

It's thought the figure axis has shifted but it isn't saying it's rotational axis has changed. It is my understanding that the axis stays the same but gets closer to the sun - taking tens of thousands of years to do so....causing extremes in weather. I think we're looking at something else with these changes unless the figure axis has an impact on weather. Or...if someone else can explain how the sun is causing this (I've heard that mentioned as a complete explanation).

www.nasa.gov...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join