It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers Capture The First Image Of The Mysterious Web That Connects All Galaxies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Facinating theory, and for sure analogous to brain cells. One giant nervous system? i've always believed we are integrated with what's "out there". But I am not convinced it's "exactly" like neurons and glial cells. If it's found it is - that's almost too much (to think we're nothing more than a cell that can be pruned and replaced).

So we have the cell body (cluster of planets) and perhaps the nucleus - the sun(s) of each solar system. Dendrites and axons, as well as the synaptic gap are easy to see but where are the neurotransmitters (Chemical messangers)? What happens at the chemical jump? We can't say the universe feels pain or emotions can we?

It's almost too much to wrap my head around - that what is out there is precisely what is on top of our shoulders. What would this do to the expanding universe theory? It would need to become the pruning universe theory.

The image - a simulation of what they have found isn't a fake by the way - it's a way to help us visualize the newest findings.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The End of the Universe…

Since I was a child, contemplating the Universe…

I tell my children I love you to the ends of the Universe (and I do). I also tell them & no one knows where the Universe truly ends it’s like infinity in math.

YET we still are looking for it.

Silly maybe to some, but Dr. Seuss’s Horton Hears a Who instantly comes to mind when thinking about things like this. I know some of you have thought “OH NO don’t Boil that Dust Speck”!!!

My first learning in science class about basic cell structure (nucleus with protoplasm flowing all around it), I wondered maybe our whole solar system is a cell. The sun being the nucleus and the planets, meteors, comets, etc. was the protoplasm. Other stars with planets, meteors, comets, etc., more cells. . Every time we bump ourselves or scratch an itch we are destroying cells in the act. I thought wow if this were true we could be taken out in a dang mosquito bite or itch. Oh No, maybe I just destroyed whole galaxies getting my tonsils removed.

In this young wonder is where I found my love of science.

We are still looking for it but for my kid’s sake and the continuing adventure quest of science do we really want to find it?

YET, the end of the Universe…

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Just read your post after I posted, we must be thinking the same thing.

www.terrebonneonline.com...

edit on 20-1-2014 by SeekingDepth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

I see this, and go: "There's all the energy the electric universe naysayers said doesn't exist, and their using it to prop-up the standard model. Priceless."

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

This is really cool, and to think that all of it came into existence out of nothing is absurd. To me this is just another piece of evidence of intelligent design.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has had any similar experiences, but I feel like I have seen these with my own eyes in the past when I have been really high on psychedelics. I felt a very nice sense of comfort when I first read the post. Thanks for the info.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

sligtlyskeptical
Thought this was very cool new info and haven't seen it posted. The universe is similar to a spider web or neuron network of gas, energized in some way. This could aid in interstellar travel. I'll add a pic in a minute.

For the first time, astronomers were able to see a string of hot gas known as a filament that is thought to be part of the mysterious underlying structure that dictates the layout of all the stars and galaxies in our universe.

www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 19-1-2014 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

Yeah like this!

I guess it true we are a Universe hologram simulation after all

from pure thought of GOD!!

Quantum is a Fun !! theory !!

tho pretty much like a nerve cell

ohh the Irony within

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

onequestion
It looks more like to me that the further we look, the harder we look out in space, the more we are actually just looking in.

Maybe thats my web?

I know its hard for some to believe... but is this not an image of say.. God.... we are created in his likeness..
just throwing it out there

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekingDepth

You made me think of - "why wouldn't all organisms have neurons". I'm open minded - to see where this all goes but I wonder why some are made of different cellular structures if we all mimic the universe. Perhaps simple celled organisms could one day develop into this same system? Or we have evolved beyond and simple called organisms are really more like the universe.

Edit to add - if this new discovery has meat on it - it will be the definitive proof we need that life exists elsewhere (some don't need proof but there would be no denying after this). If we are a replicate of what we live in - the parent (universe) has definitely replicated itself elsewhere.
edit on 20-1-2014 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

omg.. thats a nice one..

so, what if we are nanobots injected in someone else's brain, sent to destroy a tumor? (earth). What if, we are just a virus, messing with someone else's head?

i think my brain just got broken.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
However, "hot gas" means "plasma". Electrical charge on massive scales.

Plasma is conductive, but neutral on the whole. "The strength and range of the electric force and the good conductivity of plasmas usually ensure that the densities of positive and negative charges in any sizeable region are equal." en.wikipedia.org...

Intergalactic (and especially intercluster) plasma is extremely tenuous, and gravity plays far much larger role in keeping galaxies and galactic clusters together.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
my goodness...

I thought we were in a googolebyte times a googolbyte video game but we are in someones brain? hmm.. the beings brain can Dimentionalize a infinite reality due to its brain power. That's a over perpetuating metaphysical proportion percentage of power if you looked at the beings power to percieve. That - could be over googolbyte's of meteaphysical proportion. This being is evil. I guess what the being is thinking isn't a crime because he's only perceiving it. It must be the god in our religions. It all fits if you know how god TRUELY acts. I say throw a dimentional destabilizer neutron bomb of some sort in outer space and give him the have at it...

EDIT: oops I hear you Jukiodone, just take it how it is.
edit on 20-1-2014 by RevelationsDivad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
We are, but we are not..

What is white is black, whats black is white...
What is , Is not.

A spiral, a line...

A too B .. there is here.

Cloned, drawn, modeled...

From the grain of sand, too a planet... it is all in the same, Reacts in the end, the same... It takes a mind too wounder...
What you can and what is - A mirror in front of your world... If you understand what all i am getting at.. What you think of in your mind may prosper- Even when your not here left too see.... - 8 - And Loop.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

wildespace

bigfatfurrytexan
However, "hot gas" means "plasma". Electrical charge on massive scales.

Plasma is conductive, but neutral on the whole. "The strength and range of the electric force and the good conductivity of plasmas usually ensure that the densities of positive and negative charges in any sizeable region are equal." en.wikipedia.org...

Intergalactic (and especially intercluster) plasma is extremely tenuous, and gravity plays far much larger role in keeping galaxies and galactic clusters together.

Yet we are hear talking about the web that connects galaxies, not that binds them into clusters. Possibly the same force, but not necessarily.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Do these recent large-scale macro discoveries make us (you and me) more important, or less important? If mankind is just an atom in universe, does anything that we say, think, or do, matter at all? Each discovery seems to shrink our meaning even further.
-cwm

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The scalar universe is something I heard about a year ago and I'm starting to subscribe to that thought and after viewing this image it only solidifies that idea. If space and energy is infinite and everything we have observed thus far can see there's a consistency in all scales of reality. Beautiful.

Although I believe the image posted has been around for awhile.

link
edit on 20-1-2014 by samaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Ove38
Ok, the universe we see, is a tiny part of the brain of the observer of the univers. But this guy must be very big than, and what about the world he lives in, who big is that world ? or does he somehow live in this universe, and observ him self, as we do ?

Or....perhaps we're in the brain of a giant galactic Rodent.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Had Albert Einstein been able to see the side by side pics of the cosmic filament/brain neuron, I wonder what adjective he may have used to describe that coincidence as he'd already used "spooky"?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If we are inside some beings head, what would happen if that being gets knocked out?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

carewemust
Do these recent large-scale macro discoveries make us (you and me) more important, or less important? If mankind is just an atom in universe, does anything that we say, think, or do, matter at all? Each discovery seems to shrink our meaning even further.
-cwm

If this is true, what it means is that everything is connected. Fibonocci, Fractals, Sacred Geometry. If true, it would also lead one to believe that our ancient ancestors where more in touch with reality than we are today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join