It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever ask yourself Why you did not Die that day?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by freethinker123

I read your post. My reading of it was the age old question. Are there coincidences or a plan?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hello Everyone! First time poster here-- I was compelled to make an account and respond with my thoughts on this because I've actually been considering possibilities of why I haven't died yet.

I started by considering the things that happened more recently, why I hadn't died during those encounters, more specifically details about the survival rate. Then, I started thinking about my past entirely, all the 'close calls' from when I was much younger, and while remembering the details of my thought process, time did seem to slow down entirely as I thought about the immediate danger and pain that was about to occur.

I've actually heard it mentioned a few times, that time seems to slow down, and perhaps there's something there. Maybe our thoughts go so fast that our consciousness travels to another reality where we don't die and there's some place where we have died. Essentially, Quantum Immortality.

I'm not really sure what would happen in that scenario once we've reached the end of the human life span, but I'd like to hear more perspective on the possibilities!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Was thrown out of a car about 30 years back doing around 60 mph and only broke my femur, then around 7 years ago was in another accident which i never faired as well in,skidded into a sandstone bridge at 60 mph and smashed my arm , tibia and fibula , shattered my pelvis in 5 places and had a slight brain injury as well.Family were all sent for and were told due to internal bleeding i wasn't expected to see out the night, but lived to tell the tale .The reason that i didn't die was that the bleeding stopped i suppose.I got the chance to speak to all of my family and was glad of that,it was a bit of an eye opener having that final talks with them.

edit on 20-1-2014 by themove1904 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

What is with the Special stuff anyways? Never even considered anything Special about it really.

I was being facetious… thats why the quote signs.

I agree we are not special, and yet there is only one you in all of creation. Isn't that sort of special? Others die from crossing the street, why should you be spared?

If you don't believe in anything behind the scenes manipulating our world then thats okay too. Why even ask why you are spared then? After all, without some (divine) intervention its all random occurrence…

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
When I was 17, I had a school bus run a yield sign and run completely over the top of my brand new pinto. The ones that blew up if the gas tank was damaged. I pronounced dead multiple times but came back because the bus driver was saying the Lord's prayer over me. He did not know it word for word because he did not attend church or read the bible. His parents were Christian and said the prayer in his past. Because of the event, he became a Christian. (That HAD to be only reason in that case because I surely did not want to come back. I was warm, happy, and loved were I was.)

The second happened in 1988. I lost my job. My car broke down. I had no nearby friends or family that could afford to help. I was suicidal to say the least. The next thing I knew, it was about 2 hours later and I was about 20 miles from home and found razor blades in my coat pocket. How I got there and got the razor blades...maybe a break down, but knowing my life now, it was either angelic or et intervention.

The third happened in 1992 while I was crossing the desert in New Mexico. I was on a major highway, but saw no one. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something shiny by some rocks. I pulled over and looked at my watch. I was 1pm on a very hot (roughly 100 degree) summer afternoon. I got out and started to walk over to the rocks. I was a little concerned because it was super hot and the object a ways out. Next thing I knew, I was sitting in my car (same spot) with the car running and air conditioner on and it was 4pm. No sunburn. No one on the road. Still didn't see anyone on the road. Gas level was the same as when I left. I realize now that this was my 3rd et/missing time episode. Otherwise, I could have died from the sun (stupid me took no water) or spider/bee bites.

I've been on quite a spiritual quest this lifetime around. I have had way too many life saving interventions to speak of. I obviously still have more to accomplish. Otherwise, my path to home would already have been traveled.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Perhaps youll find this of interest: "Zen Master and the Marble"

While living in Miami many years ago, I met a Zen Master of considerable knowledge. Striking up a friendship was easy. He was a neighbor of sorts who was picking up an orange at the stand on the road. He smiled at me. "Pickin' a good one, huh!?" I said smiling back. "There are no bad ones" he said still smiling. "They are all only oranges". Thus began a brief apprenticeship with Chen So on the principle of Life, Death and Eternity.

Once, I asked him about Death and where we go when we die. With his ever present smile, Chen So reached into the drawer. Pulling out a regular cats eye marble, he motioned me outside. The marble gleamed with cracks and crevises in the hot Florida sun. Raising his arm, he threw the marble as hard as he could at the wall of the deck, where it shattered into a million little glass crystal-like pieces all over the ground.

Chen So looked at me and the pieces of shattered glass and asked me "Now. Where did the marble go?" This was easy!" Gone! You broke it!" I laughed. "Into a million little pieces!". "Yes. Yes I did." he responded. "But the marble is STILL a marble as you said...only now in a different form. One in a million pieces perhaps....but still...a marble just as well!"

I understood. We're not there in the grave, or in ashes on a mantle...those are just shells discarded at the time of "going to the light'. Knowing this, I felt better. My loved ones and the loved ones of all of us, wait beside us in another dimension. One we cant see.

Like a million little pieces of a broken crystal marble, they are still here! And that even though it doesnt look the same....it still is. Just in another form.
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

Yes. That does seem to be the question always in your mind. Forgetting your keys, letting a cat in, phone call just before you leave. I've learned more in 2 pages then I would have thought. Still though, learned is nothing more then seeing it from anothers prospective really. Maybe the word learned was not the word to use.

Brings back a time way back when Grandma died, knew before I got the call that day. How and why this is possible for any of us just seems to be interesting. Although some do think it leaves them out of the circle; NO. Everyone has something special within although some do claim it is a curse and wish they never had it at all!

Was a long night last night, some catching up to do today. Thanks for sharing your story! Glad to hear things turned out okay for you.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Yes we are! And then we have the Drunk Ones!

A kid I've known since cooking at the bar; chicken strips or cheese burger, was one who I would say I liked. Yes we all rate people by first contact really! Anyways one night coming home from Colby got hit by one running a red light. Nothing happened to him driving yet the kid ended up toast! Alive, yet brain slammed so hard it will take time for him to heal.

That's if his parents do overcome their anger, rage and the like! Last time I was there, mother did not look so good and dad was trying to hold it togetter himself. Just being there, you could pick up every single vibe really. Then the next question, Why him?

Other then to learn something out of it, everyone involved is there to learn something I think. Could be wrong and Life is what is is, so we go about putting an understanding to why things happen. Pain seems it needs to be explained by most and some seek an outside force to take it all away. Yet, some acts work for others and some do not.

In one way. Life is the best movie if you are there because it is Real. Once people see it is not play time maybe this world would brighten up a bit.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

God I hope not! Although 2 weeks of being a 3 nd person view of my life while living it went way beyond any box places in my head! Doing Time could have it's drawbacks if one becomes caught in a circle. Yet so far as I see it. Everything moves that way. One way to pick up the forgotten parts lost along the way.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by karmajayne

Thank You!

Bring up the question why some of us get the Blackout and some seem to see it all the way through. Both have happened to me so just what was I doing when under? Autopilot, Angels or just hit my head so hard I was knockout for then moments of time.

I bet you now listen to your jut, that odd feeling telling you to change something soon? What changed in your life that day that effect you now? I think about the changes, now with the new info I am getting it seems I've really never consider various parts connected to the whole thing. Just bringing this up might help us all in ways no one understands.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Infinitis

I think most of us went back to look at what could have happened or in shock wondering how in Gods name I ? Maybe there are no words for this and that why people question the whole idea of it themselves. Here we have all this understanding and yet somehow Life tosses something New to the mix trying to get our attention.

I'm starting to wonder if since childhood if all them stories told to us actually Hide something from us. Keeps us from learning the real story, our Power and who we are. If evil is a factor in all this, it would be the best way really.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Billie828

Don't count yourself short. Could have been God, Fate, even Satan if you like! It just seems odd we all place things in some other Being and never consider Ourselves! Funny how you Use My God, since He's at the top of the list of questions, I had to place Him in the I Do Not Know Box!

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by peewee1263

Glad to hear both of you missed that one! So What made you move? Timing seems to have some play in all this. Was it your daughter asking to go or you needed to go? A Feeling or did one of you have a thought passing in your mind right then?

Not that any of us could fully understand any of all this. Although talking with all of you has seem to fill in some blanks, maybe just a very small tiny little piece might help every one of us someday.Some acts happen to us we could never really put into words and never will. Understanding something that could never be understood we actually do.

Maybe we got that from back in the Day as cave people, and so as the stories get made up we tell them as stories later on, and on, till now yet still On. One has to question just how much Time we use to question something that could really never be understood anyways. No wonder my life is So Messed Up!

Just Joking!

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING

Way back when I was fifteen years old, I was involved in a serious road traffic accident.

The first I knew about it was when I awoke in an intensive care unit, around three weeks after the event.

The story:
From the age of eleven, until the day of my accident at the age of fifteen, I was up every morning at 05:30 to cycle my paper route before embarking on a twenty five mile round trip to my secondary school, I did this through choice because I wanted a new bicycle for my eleventh birthday and didn't want to put up with the bus trip every day.

On the morning of the 5th March 1992, during my paper round, the chain on my mountain bike snapped and after walking home I managed to arrange a lift to school with a neighbour and friend who was nineteen at the time, he drove a twenty year old Morris marina, as you can probably imagine at the age of nineteen he didn't drive it how it was designed to be driven, not that I, as a teenager, objected whatsoever.

The main road was blocked from an accident already so we took some of the back roads which were slightly rough country lanes.

We approached a humpback train bridge at around seventy miles an hour and the vehicle left the ground as we hit the peak of the bridge, on landing the front suspension collapsed and pulled us head on in to oncoming traffic traveling at the national speed limit, which is sixty miles an hour.

After this initial impact we were left sideways across both carriageways, both conscious and with only mild injuries I released my seatbelt and moved to open the passenger door, as I did so the second car, also traveling at around sixty miles an hour crashed in to my door, closing it and crushing me in to the gear box of our vehicle, my head was thrown through the glass of the passenger window, my left leg was snapped half way up my shin and I recieved a keloid fracture to my thigh bone as it was folded under the seat I was sat in, my right thigh was also broken but didn't penetrate the skin.

I swallowed a mouthful of glass as my head smashed through the window, which blocked my airway, I suffered major internal bleeding and a ruptured spleen.

The top and left hand side of my face was shredded from my head as we were flipped over the second car and I was dragged almond the Tarmac whilst still trapped in the car.

The three cars involved were the only vehicles using the country lane at the time and all involved were left unconscious or incapacitated.

By the most incredible stroke of luck for me, the first person to arrive at the scene of the accident was a student nurse on her way home from a night shift at the nearest hospital about ten miles away, she saw I was in need of help and performed an emergency tracheotomy on the spot without hesitation using a scalpel from her kit and a birro pen as a tube, she then resuscitated me and kept me alive until the ambulance arrived.

Apparently the paramedics commented that I had very little chance of survival considering my injuries, but they persisted with thier care, pumping eighteen pints of blood in to my body as it constantly flowed from my wounds during the two hours it took for the fire brigade to free me from the mangled wreckage.

When the emergency services arrived at the hospital with me the doctors said that they would have to amputate both my legs to save me, but as I went in to surgery, a doctor, just starting his shift said that he wanted to try and drill and pin my legs back together along the centre of the bones, this was something that had never been done at this particular hospital, although the technique was just starting to be used elsewhere.

Twelve hours later, the internal bleeding had been stemmed, my spleen has been removed, my right leg had been stitched from my ankle to my groin, both legs had been pinned and screwed, my open wounds and face had been cleaned and treated
And I was placed in intensive care on a ventilator and life support systems.

Within six months I was out of my wheelchair and once again cycling the twenty five mile round trip to school.

I often wonder if we do realy live in parallel universes, where each major thing that happens to us does actually kill us in another reality, but we always survive in the universe we occupy, where in another life a police officer had to knock on my parents door and tell them that thier son had been killed in a road traffic accident.

I often wonder if the girl who arrived at the scene had been put there by some higher power.

And I wonder if there was a real reason why I was not supposed to die that day.

All accounts of my accident were relayed to me by witnesses, and I have been told that my brain shut the trauma out, although the police tried to say that I was covering for my friends stupidity on the road. I assure you I wasn't covering for anyone!

There were a few other strange happenings with that story, the first was that when I initialy woke up in the ICU, I wasn't aware what had happened to me (I still don't remember to this day, along with a lot of missing childhood memories) I thought I was in some sort of sanitarium with lots of people tied up to machines, so I grabbed the drip I was connected to and started to walk across the ward, at the very moment I made eye contact with one of the nurses I collapsed on the floor, they scooped me back up in to bed and explained to me that I couldn't walk because I had two broken legs, I didn't get to my feet for a month after that until I started to learn to walk again. Nobody could ever explain how I managed to walk the few meters across the ward.

Secondly a few months after the accident, whilst I was out of hospital on crutches I met a girl I began a relationship with, when I met her parents a few weeks later, it turned out her father was one of the paramedics that helped to save me at the scene of the accident, small world I guess.

Thirdly and finally, I went back to the hospital for a check up a year after the accident, with the doctor who had performed the amazing surgery on me, my appointment was in the morning but I sat in the waiting room all day without being seen until they sent me home, and, after arriving back at my girlfriends house I was told by her father that he attended another road accident that day, and had pulled my doctor from one of the cars, and bless him he didn't make it.

All a little strange, but I guess I just have to put it all down to coincidence, I can't find any other explanation.

Appologies for the lengthy post but yes, I was lucky. Very lucky!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by freethinker123

I have to say one thing! Much Better Job!

Why ARE we Alive is the question we have to ask? Even seeing Death himself might place you there for that Reason! I see what it is your asking; myself though, What did I miss, lack, seek Before any of this happened and what changed completly afterwards?

Add that to how most do not touch that Question while Living! That just might be the Reset we do not want to pull! Overrides God, Satan, People and Power, Money. Now your Asking Yourself and most do not like to Hear the Words coming Back! Really though, You can not Lie to Yourself!

Is that what it is your asking?

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

Close Call! What was so Strange about it you call Strange? For me anyways, use to put strange into a Very Special Box I call WTF Just Happened? Thats when A Time Out is called by me! And left it their until my brain could reset itself. Now I just stop and breath! Sometimes I hear nothing and times I Feel something. Next is followed by thoughts coming in at all angles asking questions at the same time.

For myself, each box I have in my head is a Voice always asking! What I found out is I had Too Many Boxes! Now I've gotten the voices down to just 5/6 of them. In a way, they actually work together some days not or 4 to 2 voices stick together. Right now all are actually Laughting since they all agree to one thing.

When you get us down to just one Box. Then that could only mean one thing. Just one voice and that is You! Humans call it God, Peace or Enlightenment. In the end of it all, during your lifetime all you ever really need to do was to find yourself. Yet you go using other people to fill in those missing parts of Yourself.

Dame Them Voices!

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

Sweet! In one way we could be wasting our time and get back to real Life! Trying to find nothing and calling it something is what the mind actually does! When we could be using our day to day Lives being in the Now and nothing more to it.

RATS! A Good Point! Thanks!

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

Somehow you could be lying to yourself. Although it is not my right to question it! One things for sure and I thing we could all agree. It Has to have a Meaning or at least we Hope it is anyway! What would the point be anyways if we look at it that way?

What I should be doing is getting off from ATS and get to rolling cigs, relaxing and getting ready for tomorrow! Could die in my sleep, something happens, If Life had no meaning, nothing would get done and we would all die anyways. I bed to differ since Even if I do not have a meaning, I need to create one or else Who Will?

Peace

Sorry there! Just caught your post mixed with the one above you! Noticed yet for the likes of me went Brain Dead! Have to fix this so bear with me! As for the rest see you tomorrow also.

Peace
edit on 20-1-2014 by infoseeker26754 because: Brain Dead!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder if I was supposed to be born. My mother was having issues with her pregnancy with me. She was given a drug, DES, to stop the miscarraige. It was later deemed unsafe, causing cancer in the mothers and sometimes the children. My mother died of cancer when I was 12.

Fast forward 4 years. I was in a horrific car accident. I have no recollection of it. My father told me I had to be resuscitated twice on the way to the ER. I've posted this part on ATS before - my dad came to see me in intensive care, came around the corner to my room and saw my mother holding my hand. He said she looked at him through the glass wall and nodded to him. He knew then that I'd be ok. However, he freaked out (not his exact words) and turned around back to the waiting room. It was touch and go for a while. 30 odd years later and after 2 body casts, spinal and hip fusions, hip replacement, 2 knee replacements and a human barameter later, I'm a mom to 3 wonderful kids.

So, to make a long story short - I think I'm alive because of my mother's love from before I was even born.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

I was walking along a roof edge drunk, and fell three stories and landed on the fender of an old Dodge dart. I just ended up with a bruise on my arm. That is just one of many times I could have bit the big one, but here I am typing. Like one person said we are around for a reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join