It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Threat Emerges Amid Security Concerns Over Sochi Winter Olympics

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

jude11

roadgravel
A terror attack would ramp up the war on terrorism another notch. Just what the world needs. Settle in for another few decades this stuff.

It Does seem to fit the Agenda, Doesn't it?

Peace

Which agenda? The one they allow us to see? or the one that's kept secret.

It fits the face we know.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Here is an agenda for you.

Syrian President Bashar Assad called for the need to create an international alliance to fight terrorism as he received a Russian delegation headed by Sergey Gavrilov, Chairman of Property Affairs at the Russian Duma Council, SANA reports. Assad also emphasized the importance of consolidating efforts “to strike Wahhabism.” Assad affirmed that the Syrian people confront terrorism and foreign intervention, adding that the pressures to which Syria is exposed are similar to the pressures on Russia which too is fighting a terrorist threat

RT

Looks like the plot is unfolding in the name of world police.
edit on 1/19/2014 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Fear is the currency the war on terror runs on. Whether real fear or fear of fear.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

roadgravel
Fear is the currency the war on terror runs on. Whether real fear or fear of fear.

No arguments here.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

shaneslaughta
Here is an agenda for you.

Syrian President Bashar Assad called for the need to create an international alliance to fight terrorism as he received a Russian delegation headed by Sergey Gavrilov, Chairman of Property Affairs at the Russian Duma Council, SANA reports. Assad also emphasized the importance of consolidating efforts “to strike Wahhabism.” Assad affirmed that the Syrian people confront terrorism and foreign intervention, adding that the pressures to which Syria is exposed are similar to the pressures on Russia which too is fighting a terrorist threat

RT

Looks like the plot is unfolding in the name of world police.
edit on 1/19/2014 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

Interesting quote to say the least.

It certainly Does fit the current state.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
If an attack happens and NSA doesn't have answers since they collect everything around the world then maybe it will be one of our other alphabet agencies that actually carry it out . Just a thought , now that someone has already made a threat would make it a little eaiser for them to get away with it ....

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

JHumm
If an attack happens and NSA doesn't have answers since they collect everything around the world then maybe it will be one of our other alphabet agencies that actually carry it out . Just a thought , now that someone has already made a threat would make it a little eaiser for them to get away with it ....

Certainly gives them plausible deny-ability.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Sounds like a good agenda to me. Wahhabism is a disease and a blight on the earth and deserves to be wiped out. The problem is that it's adherents are like cockroaches. The more of them you stomp on, the more of them you create, and if you leave them to their own devices they will just keep breeding. There is no reasoning with these people, as they believe that the only way that they will ever achieve peace is at the end of a sword (once they behead the rest of us, muslims included).

Continue the war on terror and you create more of them. Leave them to their own devices and they will create more of themselves and it will only be a matter of time until they strike. The world is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Personally I'd rather go down swinging or not go down at all.

I fully understand how much of a sham most of the "war on terror" was, and how it has cost innocent people their lives the world over. But the people of the world cannot afford to stand idly by and kowtow to radical muslims any longer. They mercilessly slaughter people from their own religion and offer "infidels" an even worse fate. They are incapable of mercy or reason. They make Hitler and the nazi's look like philosopher kings.
edit on 19-1-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

DeadSeraph

Continue the war on terror and you create more of them. Leave them to their own devices and they will create more of themselves and it will only be a matter of time until they strike. The world is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Personally I'd rather go down swinging or not go down at all.

You certainly presented an interesting conundrum.
The issue i have with it is this.

How do you go ahead and get rid of the blight when they intermix with civilians.

How do you differentiate between the two?

They are a scourge on this earth ill give you that. But i can not side with chasing them down for years and years like we have AQ. I cant see sending out boys and girls into a hot zone where any number of civvys can be the enemy in disguise.

Like you said, the harder we push the more we affirm their beliefs.

I also can not side with the war on terror effecting us at home. Letting the NSA spy on its own people in the name of the war on terror.

Like i said in another thread,

Those who give up freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

There must be another way. There has to be.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
philosopher king's

Actually same philosopher ideal of "Superior Race Mindset" or otherwise known as "Their Can be only One" syndrome.

but ya say, my Mom is bigger than your Mom,,stuff,,only with the life blood as Ransom.

Hey tell them our life blood was already Held Ransom,, for all of us anyway.
Die-ing is not a hard thing for us human's. It happen's daily.

It's the hate behind it,,in some case's,,
that makes living harder,,
but "were all gonna die"ohhhhh well actually,, thats pretty much a no brainer,,its more like,,
how we die then,, thats important.
if they get thier rocks off by , "Holding us all Hostage at the Olympics",, its been done,,get a new playbook.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I completely agree with your points about the NSA. I will be the first to say that one of the subversive agendas the war on terror sought to implement was the undermining of freedom in the west. That is inexcusable in my opinion, and only serves as a victory to terrorism. It seems to me that violent extremism and the slow erosion of civil liberties are ultimately being wielded as a weapon by the same hand.

Edit to add: As far as your assertion that there HAS to be another way, I believe that there is. The only other way to deal with the problem (short of more violence), is to engage the muslim world on the issue, and to work with them instead of painting them all with the same brush. A very large portion of the muslim population views wahhabism as the root cause of many problems. The western world needs to work together with the east to address the issue. The pulse of the muslim world beats with the local imams, and invasions and bombs have only made the problem worse. We are justified in defending our own borders and populations, but antagonizing foreign countries is not helping. The west needs to walk a very fine line when it comes to foreign policy in the east. A line it has largely stumbled drunkenly over in the recent past.
edit on 19-1-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Oh joy, more terrorists ruining the fun for everyone.

Real or not, I'm sure Russian security is going to be on high alert for a while.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Agreed.Pretty convenient timing:

[url=http://news.yahoo.com...]

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
Wahhabism is a disease and a blight on the earth and deserves to be wiped out. The problem is that it's adherents are like cockroaches.
I'd say the greater problem is that The West sucks up to them (Saudis) for their oil, therefore they are our 'friends' and therefore not held to any account. National security implications, eh?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I am not sure how serious the threats are, but i will not be surprised if we do see at least an attempted terrorist attack at the Olympics this year.

I think the following article is an important one to bring up right now.

Saudi Arabia has secretly offered Russia a sweeping deal to control the global oil market and safeguard Russia’s gas contracts, if the Kremlin backs away from the Assad regime in Syria.

Prince Bandar, head of Saudi intelligence, allegedly confronted the Kremlin with a mix of inducements and threats in a bid to break the deadlock over Syria. “Let us examine how to put together a unified Russian-Saudi strategy on the subject of oil. The aim is to agree on the price of oil and production quantities that keep the price stable in global oil markets,” he said at the four-hour meeting with Mr Putin. They met at Mr Putin’s dacha outside Moscow three weeks ago.

“We understand Russia’s great interest in the oil and gas in the Mediterranean from Israel to Cyprus. And we understand the importance of the Russian gas pipeline to Europe. We are not interested in competing with that. We can cooperate in this area,” he said, purporting to speak with the full backing of the US.

Most importantly:

The details of the talks were first leaked to the Russian press. A more detailed version has since appeared in the Lebanese newspaper As-Safir, which has Hezbollah links and is hostile to the Saudis.

As-Safir said Prince Bandar pledged to safeguard Russia’s naval base in Syria if the Assad regime is toppled, but he also hinted at Chechen terrorist attacks on Russia’s Winter Olympics in Sochi if there is no accord. “I can give you a guarantee to protect the Winter Olympics next year. The Chechen groups that threaten the security of the games are controlled by us,” he allegedly said.

Prince Bandar went on to say that Chechens operating in Syria were a pressure tool that could be switched on an off. “These groups do not scare us. We use them in the face of the Syrian regime but they will have no role in Syria’s political future.”

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Saudi Arabia seems to be playing a dirty game, and i will not be surprised if an attack were to occur at the Russian Olympics.

Let's hope all goes smoothly...

- Daas.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It'd be really funny if they just airdropped a gay stripper down instead.

Either way, I reckon this is one of those things that probably won't result in anything. If it does it will be minimal and will further be used to increase police state in Russia which is already pretty widespread.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The one alleged terrorist on the right is wearing a shirt that says 'Structural Engineering".
I wonder if that's suppose to be a hint? The more I look at the shirt I'm starting to wonder if those pictures are the Twin Towers collapsing? A bit of a stretch but it could be.

Pic
edit on 19-1-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Good catch. I missed that in the video.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

OrphanApology
It'd be really funny if they just airdropped a gay stripper down instead.

Either way, I reckon this is one of those things that probably won't result in anything. If it does it will be minimal and will further be used to increase police state in Russia which is already pretty widespread.

Why just Russia? this is an international problem. Just because its on Russian soil makes no difference.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The topic is about the Russian Olympics...

what are you getting at?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join