It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would You Do? - Tv Show Challenges General Public's Sense Of Morality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
At first it may seem a bit odd, that a tv show could be as invasive as to introduce a false reality to unsuspecting people's everyday lives, but i believe the show to be rather positive and constructive, and the people involved in these social experiments tend to come off as just that- positive and constructive.
In situations such as 'Man brings his White girlfriend into a Black Barber Shop', we are exposed to rather unsettling scenes of racism and bigotry, but all is well, as all those involved in these situations are actors, apart from the general public, who are observed for their reactions and tested on their moral sensibility. In this story, an african american lady, tending to a customer, is subjecting the white girlfriend to a ton of abuse. The general message being "why is a white woman with a black guy? you are polluting our race". The reactions are absolutely priceless.

Most of the time, when tested, people react in a caring and loving manner. And even when there are exceptions in cases where people react in a negative manner, I found it only elevated my learning and perception of people who are bigoted or ill-informed. For me, this show seems to answer the question
"Are humans inherently good?" with a resounding YES!

I'm not a regular contributor here but i've been really enjoying this tv show, and thought It would maybe uplift a few people's moods.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SageRivers

That was a touching episode. I give a lot of credit to people who speak up and defend a stranger. I believe people like that are spiritually a step above the rest of us. Thanks for sharing.

join