It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional intelligence chairmen applaud Obama for backing surveillance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Congressional intelligence chairmen applaud Obama for backing surveillance

The heads of the House and Senate intelligence committees applauded President Barack Obama’s defense of the National Security Agency in his speech Friday proposing reforms to the spy agency. “The most important victory was the president standing up and saying, ‘Hey, the program did not have abuses. This wasn't sinister. It wasn't a rogue agency. It was legal and proper,’” House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Mike Rogers said. Appearing with Rogers on NBC’s Meet the Press, Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Sen Dianne Feinstein said that Obama made it clear in his speech Friday that “he wanted to maintain the capability” of the NSA’s surveillance programs.

What shock the NSA applauding Obama for not standing up for the average Americans right to privacy. And having the private sector store the data is even worst than the government because a lot of these companies are owned by foreigners that have even less over-site than the government.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Shock??? The criminal politicians applaud their alleged boss, Obama, one of the biggest con men, about an agency, the NSA, that is illegally packing away information that it is criminal to hold, on the people who allegedly put these assclowns in government. What is unusual about that?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

S&F Buster.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

bobs_uruncle

Shock??? The criminal politicians applaud their alleged boss, Obama, one of the biggest con men, about an agency, the NSA, that is illegally packing away information that it is criminal to hold, on the people who allegedly put these assclowns in government. What is unusual about that?

Cheers - Dave

Looks like sarcasm translates poorly on the net.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

While I agree with the President in the sense that I too think that our government definitely needs the capability to access data with respect to duration and what calls were made from one number to another. I think having this capability is imperative to identifying terrorist cells as well as those supporting their efforts.

Most cell phone companies already have this data because they use it to do their billing, so it's not like the data trail isn't already in place. Whether or not they store the data for a sufficient period of time to make it useful to those tasked with combating terrorism is another question.

On the other hand, I was blown away when I heard the President mention the idea of privatization of that data collection/storage for use by the various anti-terrorism agencies. I agree that most corporations nowadays do indeed have foreign investors/influence and IMO, that's the last thing we need.
edit on 19-1-2014 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

buster2010

bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

Looks like sarcasm translates poorly on the net.

I am just clarifying your position LOL, the sarcastic position that is.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Straight cheer leading from these clowns.

This is getting like a bad stage production. Ridiculous dialog. Spineless toadies. American public getting bent over. Except no hero to ride in and save the day.

Remember what happened to that plane load of Polish Politicians? That's probably why Congress does not travel in large groups. Too tempting.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Buster - legitimate or illegitimate worry on a scale of 1-10 : a radicalized conservative faction retakes Washington in the next election cycle, and the N.S.A. surveillance is turned against atheists and liberals.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
this must be the same "intelligence " from "team america"

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

No more lawful than Obama ruling by executive order to bypass Congress.

since the only thing holding Obama up is the starch in his shirt, this will apparently be resolved via the court system and elections.

"If you want to keep your information private from the NSA, you can keep it."

We will add that to the long list of other things Obama has promised people could keep.
edit on 20-1-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

join