It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine backfire?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So the Ukraine signed a new law into effect last Thursday to ban or curtail protests.

That worked well then looking at the streets of Kiev today?

Looks as though in some countries the people are prepared to go head to head with TPTB more readily than some others.

Will it end in tears or will the Ukraine become what the people want?

The violence looks pretty grim.

So my true question is, how has the Ukraine ended up in this mess? Ignore my other questions if you wish but I am interested in why this has got to this stage as I thought that this country was doing quite well financially and politically.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuftystick

Looks as though in some countries the people are prepared to go head to head with TPTB more readily than some others.

They say "thousands" are protesting ~ in a country of 45,593,300 people.

countryeconomy.com...

Hardly a popular uprising, its just noisy.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Only 2% of the entire Ukraine population want to join the Euporean Union the Sinking Ship thats whats occurring and what occurred.
Just proved the protesters arent peaceful and how ironic this started after a visit by Sen John McCain. And other EU officials. I wouldn't call this a backfire.

These protesters that are protesting with the NGOs are the ones without any jobs or cars.
edit on 19-1-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

"They say" always causes me to ask who are they, especially when Bing posts an AFP report stating 200,000.

We are not there so we don't know the realistic figures either way, despite what "they said"!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Remember last year during the Russian protests? even back then our MSM claimed there were 200,000 Russian people protesting but the images always show less then what with the number they had shown.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The Ukraine has rich resources.

They are not aligned with the World Central Banks.

They are not a member of the Bank for International Settlements

The B.I.S. has a committee that dictates policy for all central banks including the U.S. Federal Reserve.

The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision provides a forum for regular cooperation on banking supervisory matters. Its objective is to enhance understanding of key supervisory issues and improve the quality of banking supervision worldwide.

The Basel Committee

Note also that most non-member nations are all under some form of 'attack' by coalitions of supporting nations.
[ Iran, Syria, Iraq, Libya, Egypt, Afghanistan, etc. etc. ]

Note also that some old 'attacks' resulted in membership and have no current 'problems'
[ Serbia, Croatia, Algeria, Bosnia - Herzegovina, etc. etc. ]

"resistant" members are also under scrutiny.
[ Greece, Spain, etc. etc. ]

It's all about the NWO Central Bank System.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I'll go with AFP given their apparent abilities including Bilderbergers exposures and some of the awards they have received, I am content with where they sit. And they are French media...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The same AFP that has lied about Syria to? lol.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Never mind thread diverts...

One reply has given sufficient info for me to look in a particular direction safe from the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune that pervade ATS...

Back tomorrow re. This post, over and temporarily out for now, back to Ch.16!

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Shuftystick
reply to post by frazzle

"They say" always causes me to ask who are they, especially when Bing posts an AFP report stating 200,000.

We are not there so we don't know the realistic figures either way, despite what "they said"!

When there's two million you'll be closer to half the population demanding to participate in the lost cause that is the EU and the failed central banking system that must keep on gobbling up more and more territory and people in order to keep playing their crooked game.

Meanwhile non protesters are complaining about the protesters and we don't hear much of anything about that ...

"In the past 24 hours, the Kyiv Shevchenko district department registered 17 complaints about illegal actions by protesters. People are complaining that they can't walk on the Maidan [Nezalezhnosti, or Independence Square in Kyiv's central part] and Khreschatyk Street normally," the report says.

The police said cases of the infliction of bodily injuries, robbery, and theft have also been registered. "On December 31, a volunteer from a charity foundation contacted the police saying protesters who are currently working as security guards in the House of Trade Unions had taken her personal things and boxes with charity donations," the report says.
www.kyivpost.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I need to correct you guys first and foremost.

It is not "The" Ukraine.

It is "Ukraine", and thats it. There is NO "THE" infront of it.

and to continue.....its your typical West versus East cold war continuation.

Western Ukraine is the traditional Ukrainians and would nothing more than to join Europe.

Eastern Ukraine has been heavily populated with Russian citizens and is also more industrious than the West.

I hope it doesnt end up disintegrated based upon Russian/Ukrainian lines of influence.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Western Ukraine is the traditional Ukrainians and would nothing more than to join Europe.

Your forgetting this.
Thousands march to honor Nazi collaborator in Kiev

EV, Ukraine (AP) — About 15,000 people marched through Kiev on Wednesday night to honor Stepan Bandera, glorified by some as a leader of Ukraine’s liberation movement and dismissed by others as a Nazi collaborator.

Others chanted “Ukraine above all!” and “Bandera, come and bring order!”

These are the same chants we heard in the protests. And above of all these are your western Ukrainians. Strongly Pro German, delusional.

edit on 19-1-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
My mistake, I realised last night it is Ukraine without the 'The'!

I had a look at a fair cross section of open source data and reporting and soon came to a reasonable conclusion that Ukraine is in a mess.

Starting with Chernobyl, pre-break up of Soviet Union, and the physical and mental legacy that created, not to mention the on-going effects upon creatures as far away as sheep in Wales, never mind the continuing devastation upon those living near to the plant.
Then there are the other health problems rapidly escalating such as HIV related issues, TB and it's variant plus some more nasties like Hepatitis A & B, all of which are out of control.
Add in a growing International reputation as a country renowned for the trafficking of females for the world-wide sex trade, drugs movement, firearms and military weaponry availability on the black market along with a close alignment to International Organised Crime and Extremeism and I begin to understand why the streets of Kiev, Ukraine, have become what they are.
Plus of course a corrupt Political regime...

ATS, denies ignorance, encourages debate and usually ensures that at least a modicum of truth shines through the murk of bias wheresoever it may emanate from.

My thanks for the few views so far posted, they are all respected, whatever my feelings!

edit on 20-1-2014 by Shuftystick because: Shakespearean moment TB or not TB, now, what was the question?!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Seriously?

Plus of course a corrupt Political regime

So the Current Goverment in Ukraine whom had just saved Ukraine from becoming not only an EU member and an NATO member that Goverment is a Political regime for doing so?

I begin to understand why the streets of Kiev, Ukraine, have become what they are.

I dont think you have yet. The fact is the majority of the opposition are members of the Neo Nazi opposition parties and far left parties that never win in any of the elections the protesters you see on the streets are there party members.
edit on 21-1-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Call it what you want but Stepan Bandera was a hero.

Many Ukrainians joined the invading Germans to fight the Russians during WW2, because up until that point, there really wasnt much worse that could happen to them that the Russians hadnt already done.....

Kind of like, your enemies, enemy is my friend scenario.

Russians starved between 7-9million Ukrainians between 1932-33 (not 100% sure of date but thereabouts) due to their bolshevik policy of collectivisation.

Ukrainians had more in common with the incoming Germans than tey ever had with the Russians.

The sooner Russia leaves Ukraine alone, the better that nation will be......Ukraines history is littered and scared with attrocities commited against it by Russians. (not to mention Poles, Tatars, etc etc etc).

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Right this is my favourite ever topic ahah
I would like to also post some pictures on this matter and not sure how to. but i've found this thread so i don't know whether i should make my own thread

I've read though and these are my instant reactions(and no i''m not being disrespectful if you may think that, i'm sorry if you do:

Shuftystick
So the Ukraine signed a new law into effect last Thursday to ban or curtail protests.

That worked well then looking at the streets of Kiev today?

The violence looks pretty grim.

So my true question is, how has the Ukraine ended up in this mess? Ignore my other questions if you wish but I am interested in why this has got to this stage as

Like i said instant reaction.. "I thought that this country was doing quite well financially and politically." AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
because financially it's well as you could say,the government keeps most of the money as some people think who are protesting there. However, despite this people have managed to adapt to this and live quite well (most anyway i think) in given circumstances, so you could say it's in a good financial situation. On the political side of things ahaha again (sorry, i love reading about what people think of the country) Well there really isn't a figure that people actually like to rule, i think that could possibly be the general consensus of most the population. The political parties and those in them aren't exactly the best listening to what people want as far as i'm concerned. Politics, as in most countries, is actually a fantastic way of gaining money, but not just for the main figures in the parties but for those who just are homeless, as they could join up and earn loads of money. This is the main answer to the question why this protest is happening.

Actually, there are protests there quite often during winter, just because the people protesting have the chance to earn extra money (so in that way you could say it's good financially)

frazzle

They say "thousands" are protesting ~ in a country of 45,593,300 people.

countryeconomy.com...

Hardly a popular uprising, its just noisy.

I am so glad you mentioned this, because yes that's really also quite significant. It's just becoming slightly out of hand i guess. But it's true that no Ukrainian has yet seen an uprising to this extent! There has been many similar one's but this is something more, such violence not been permitted to such an open view. It's known that the atmosphere inside of parliament can be quite dangerous due to the fact politicians fight [put in a pic but not sure how]. But those protesting, i personally think are just being paid, and in result get international attention, another way of getting more money.

This is my personal opinion on this, but i have links to ukraine and this is what they tell me too. But i am not sure of how reliable what i'm told is.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It always pays for a country to look inwards and put its house in order first, even when the EU beckons and hypnotises like a snake with its prey...

It does not take a lot of research to establish what Ukraine looks like under the surface currently, and with Medicins Sans Frontiers working there that Fact adds some weight to health conditions in country.

With Russia claiming Ukraine is out of control things do not bode well for the future, although Putin has a wee bit on his plate at the moment with the Olympics looming.

BTW who is paying the Titushki to undertake their work?

As for numbers on the streets, well it's officialdom vs those participating to choose from.

top topics

join